Some Camaro LT1 data points

Hi @sledbeagle2,

My current personal payoff is $33,405.61. Less NJ tax for dealer payoff. My region is Central NJ. I took @Jrouleau426’s advice and have been exclusively using AutoNation to orchestrate the buyout. They are willing to buy it through their Chevrolet arm.

1 Like

Automation has been offering me $35.5k for the past 4 weeks

Vroom 4 weeks ago had offered 41k, 2 days ago it was 34k

Carmax refuses to even make an offer

For MSRP 42.7k auto black npp my buyout is around 39k-ish

2 Likes

I think new folks wanting to lease camaros need to consider the fact that they will not be able to drive for a few months and flip, or swap.

Why not? It’s entirely possible, just may take longer than a BMW transfer

Got offered 39k on mine a week ago from local Chevy dealer. 35k payoff. Deciding whether to get rid of it once 4xe is here. Decision, decisions

1 Like

I would def take that offer before it expires . That’s at the top. Dealers haven’t been paying much on Camaros anymore

1 Like

That’s a great offer. I would sell if I were you.

1 Like

I’d take that offer also. I was offered around $38k for my car ($39k msrp) last August. The dealer instantly listed the car for $42,500. It sat for 3-4 months, and every two weeks or so the price dropped. The last time I check, it was listed for $38,750, which is only $750 over what they paid me. It may not have even sold for that much.

I’d imagine if they could go back in time, they wouldn’t have offered me what they did.

You should take your offer and run

1 Like

Yeah I get that but I worry I’ll miss the car if I replace it with a 4xe. I already have a gladiator. Wife wants me to sell the camaro but I love the damn car. I’d say the only reasons I wouldn’t miss it is there’s a weird rattle and slight tick noise that the dealer can’t seem to get rid of.

Anyone sell and regret?

I do and don’t.

Trust me, take the $4k and cash out.

Can always go back later in the year and hunt a 2022 MY. By year end the market will improve vastly .

What are you driving now? I guess the only worry is Tom from Chapman screws me over by bumping MF on the jeep…or if my damn November 30th order doesn’t come in for another couple months lol

Im in a Frontier right now and enjoying it.

Nothing to fret about Tom/Chapman. Make sure you look over your contract and know your numbers. Folks have been reporting the initial MF increase, but it has been corrected once pointed out. Not sure what thats all about, but seems to be corrected on their part.

I’ve had 4 with Chapman and no issues so would hold off on any worry in advance. But more relevant to this thread, I’ve not even had my LT1 for 2 months, and perhaps the novelty will wear off, but I love this car, probably as much as my wife hates this car, and I can’t see myself getting rid of it any time soon unless I have something fun to replace it with, even if I only drive it a couple of hundred miles a month! At least gas prices won’t have much of an impact…

3 Likes

Haha yeah my wife hates it with a passion. She hates the loud start ups. She thinks it’s a joe dirt vehicle :joy::joy:

I love it. But I’ll say I love my gladiator too. Especially in the summer time!

1 Like

Yes. Hates with a passion. I never knew a vehicle could trigger such a negative emotional reaction! Must be the dual exhaust. But the kids love it. Interestingly, her view is if you are going to get a loud American sports car as an extra for fun it might as well be the Corvette… She’s convinced me and I’m on a wait list but will keep this for the next two years until I can order a corvette at msrp built exactly as I want it.

2 Likes

Piss her off and get a hellcat :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a definitely a good car. I want to offload it since my payoff is right at $39k. But I like the car and there’s nothing new.

It’s not that big of a financial burden either. It’s the cheapest car to insure in my policy

The novelty really doesn’t wear off. I enjoyed it more then my i8 roadster and all my amgs to be honest. I never bought American muscle bc I thought they were joe dirt as well, especially when in the corporate rat race BS. The attention the i8 got was annoying. A sleeper camaro I only had old men really admiring. I loved that thing…I will likely get a vette as well next

2 Likes

What do you have now? You gonna get another camaro?

American muscle definitely came a long way. It’s a properly sorted car for a muscle car.

Surprisingly, older folks are the only one who compliment the car and know the trim

1 Like