Sold to GiveMeTheVin.com (aka GMTV): Reviews

GMTV payoff finally appeared in my CCAP, effective for day 10 even though CCAP received it on day 9. So plan on a full 10 days for GMTV to pay it off.

1 Like

Can’t you get a check refund for that visa gift card? This happened to me several years ago where a payment was made after my Fiat was totaled out, but the T&C of the gift card allowed check refunds to be given.

I was able to convert the gift card into an electronic deposit into my checking account. I was surprised that CCAP sent a gift card instead of a check in the first place. I began to spend down the card before I noticed the fine print that I could deposit the gift card into my account. Much more convenient that way.

1 Like

Do you have to call CCAP to get the gift card?

10 days from pick up/drop off?

No, they sent it automatically after finally processing the GMTV payment, my final monthly payment, and closing the account. Roughly 3 weeks after payments for me to get the card. I wasn’t watching closely as I figured CCAP would get to me eventually and they did. Pretty good service form CCAP overall.

Yes full 10 days after pickup to payoff CCAP retroactive effective date. So it was longer than 10 days for me to see that it was paid off on CCAP.

Does GMTV buy cars in San Fransisco? No drop-off locations nearby.

You drop off at manheim

1 Like

Two more weeks for my dealer not to get charged back from CCAP by hitting the 90 days. These guys seems ready to close the deal and move really fast.

How far out can I reasonably get an offer and have the deal dated and do the car drop so I don’t chargeback my dealer? I’m used to Carvana or others where you can manage it a couple of weeks, or a Driveway where it takes forever anyway, lol. The rep there is just telling me, “tell me when you’re ready to go,”

Sold one today to GMTN.

Took ONEHOUR TOTAL from me sending the required paperwork to getting my check in hand. The rep marked it as urgent . Told them i had two other offers locally, and they was right in the middle, and had a appointment with carmax at 6pm today. (carmax was $300 lower but i have sold carmax 2 cars previously and knew they are solid)
**THIS INCLUDES 50 minutes driving to the drop off location. The inspection, signing,etc took 10 minutes .

Got paid $4000 more than i bought the car new last year.

1 Like

That’s goofy quick, good job!

1 Like

Dropped off my 2020 Santa Fe a couple of days ago at their NJ partner location. Monica from GMTV was great to work with. They were able to beat both Driveway and Carmax by a couple hundred bucks. It was a long process, since I had to pay off my lease with HMF and get my title, but totally worth it. Happy to answer any questions about the process.

I sold HMF lease to Driveway without buying it first…

Interesting, when was that, out of curiosity? When I spoke with their rep in mid-April, he told me that they couldn’t do that anymore, and that I needed to buy it first and get a clean title. I wonder if it’s related to the state where I live?

it was in April this year

Good to know. I spoke with a few different reps (since I was reading on LH of experiences like yours), but they all confirmed that it wasn’t allowed anymore. :man_shrugging:

Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Seen the car selling for $31,800 now.
How do these dealers do it? haha

Pretty smooth experience with GMTV. Got an online quote Monday which was a range that was on the low end compared to other offers. They followed up with a text and asked for other offers I have. Sent them picture of highest offer and after a few hours they came back and raised their offer by almost $5k above the high end of their original range (it was still lower than my highest offer but that fell through). Agreed to the price on Tuesday evening and sent them additional pictures and e-signed a 2 page document they sent. Wednesday afternoon they sent me the bill of sale and instructions to drop off the car at the nearby Manheim facility in Elkridge, MD (was another reason for me to go with them as its only 5 miles from me). Unfortunately the facility doesn’t have any GMTV employees so they could not do the inspection there and also had to fedex me the check and have me fedex the title back to them. They also required 2-3 days after drop off so they could inspect the car before clearing the check. They did give me the option to drop off the car after receiving the check if I wanted but I went ahead and dropped it off Wednesday after signing the bill of sale. Got the fedex with the check on Thursday morning. They got the fedex with my title Friday morning and cleared the check for deposit by Friday afternoon.