Sold to GiveMeTheVin.com (aka GMTV): Reviews

They put a label on the car, with the info. You can take a picture of it and the car (GMTV will ask for it). That is a receipt of sorts.

1 Like

Location? 10char

Costa Mesa

sold my Sahara to GMTV, they overnight the check before car get picked up. really easy to work with. once the inspection is done, check is activated! highly recommend!

Those who sold a lease thru CCAP, how long did it take your account to reflect paid off?

I sold a Grand Cherokee to Carmax in November that had 4 months left on the lease and they paid off the account within 3 days so I’m just not sure how long it will take for GMTV.

I sold to GMTV last December and they paid off CCAP within 3-4 days. Took about 2-3 weeks for my CCAP account to reflect paid in full and closed.

Great!

How did you know it was paid off within 3-4 days? Since it didnt show in the account for a few weeks, Did you call CCAP?

The payment showed up in the online account within 3-4 days. It took CCAP 2-3 weeks after that to show the account as paid in full. The account just sat with all monies paid but CCAP didn’t close it for a few weeks. Don’t know why but my experience with GMTV and CCAP was fine. GMTV paid as they said they would and handed me a valid equity check at vehicle drop-off.

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

CCAP is a bit slow at times, I know that

It’s been more than 10 days since I dropped off my car with GMTV, and my CCAP online still does not show that it was paid off.

They picked mine up on the 13th and told me payoff would be made by the 24th. I keep checking my CCAP account every day just to see. If there’s nothing paid by the 25th I’ll email them. My payment is due on the 2nd so I’m just a little worried about it rolling over that

Give CCAP a call and see if they received the payoff. I’ve found it normally takes CCAP weeks to update the online dashboard.

Totally agree. My ccap account showed open for at least 2 weeks after they got the payoff check from the dealer I sold it to. Contact ccap and they can tell you if they have received the payoff check yet.

CCAP took 2-3 weeks (maybe more, don’t remember exactly) to show my account as closed even though the GMTV payoff showed on my account the whole time. I even made the next payment (which came due while waiting for account to show paid in full) to prevent a possible “late payment” showing up on my account. Took about another 2-3 weeks before I got a gift card from CCAP in the amount of my final payment.

They give your a gift card rather than a check back to you?

Yes, they sent me a gift card for the refund. I was initially annoyed as I dislike the hassle of trying to spend the exact balance of a gift card. In true LHer fashion, I want to use every cent of the gift card balance. I later found the fine print on the gift card allowed electronic deposit of the full amount to my checking account so I did that. Ended up being very easy.

4 Likes

I asked GMTV and they sent me the tracking number for the payoff. The tracking shows CCAP received the payoff on day 9, and I’m guessing based on past experience that it’ll take them 3 days to update the online account to show payoff received.

How did you get it into your checking? I got one too.

Don’t remember exactly, but it was fast and easy. Either on the back of the card or perhaps the letter it came with, was the reference to deposit the card into a bank account. I followed the instructions, I think it said to expect the money in the account within a day or two but it was there within hours. Much more convenient than trying to spend down a gift card.

1 Like

I think you may be able to add it to your Amazon account in full but check the small print for fees.