Sold to GiveMeTheVin.com (aka GMTV): Reviews

Same experience here. Sold my Tesla thru Matt @ GMTV, dropped it off at Manheim Bordentown and pre-sent check activated upon Manheim condition report. Whole process took little over a week including the paperwork overnight to and fro, and the Thanksgiving holiday in between.

My wifes NX300 is up this month. Got some great quotes for it, decided to go with GMTV. They called back to tell us they are not buying out Lexus leases at this time.

Any tips on how to find good buyers or is it possible for you to refer me to your buyer for a quote? Thanks!

Angie Banchetti +1 (817) 339-6841‬

Does GMTV charge $500 for pickup?

I dropped off an auction near me for them

Sold our 2019 RX450h to them 2 days ago. Had to drop it off but they paid for Uber drive home. Pretty easy experience overall. Located in Bay Area.

Was it leased? An earlier poster said they aren’t taking Lexus

Yes it was leased.

Sold our 2019 FORD Fusion Hybrid to them last week. All the deals was done based on car photo, as per their principle they bought the car nearly unseen.

Initially they gave less than carmax by 1000 and I declined with the reasons and they asked written offer of carmax and provided the same and next day they beat CarMax (in my case CarMax was highest) by $100.

I had dropped my car to nearby their location. The person whosever handed over check to me didn’t do any inspection when I have arrived. Just checked my title (initially leased but bought it from ford) and he handed over the check and it got cleared in 2 days.

They paid for Uber drive home. Pretty easy experience overall.

How long does it take for GMTV to payoff a lease after dropping off the car?

My loan was paid off in a few days. They sent the check by Fedex the day the car was picked up but the lender took a few days to process it,

1 Like

Overall happy experience with GMTV. $60,000 offer on Rubicon 4xe MSRP $63,400, order MSRP $61,800. They handed me the equity check when I turned in the car to their office.

Initially when I submitted my car’s info on the website, I got a generic reply email with GMTV’s buyer’s name and contact info but no offer and no follow up, so I basically ignored it. But a couple weeks later, I saw high offers the last few days on the 4xe thread, so I called the GMTV buyer. He told me to send him a few photos and said he might be able to get $63,000 for me. I sent the photos and followed up the next day with a few calls, and the offer came in at $60,000. So not as high as others on the 4xe thread, but still much higher than anyone else. GMTV buyer emailed me the contract to esign along with instructions to take a few more photos such as VIN plate and sticker and driver’s license.

Next day GMTV finance person called to confirm numbers and emailed me the rest of the selling documents to e-sign, and I asked if GMTV could order me a lyft/uber home and GMTV said yes. Then same day, I drove an hour to GMTV office. The GMTV worker actually did an inspection of the car, running diagnostics and doing a test drive. Then GMTV worker had me wet sign a few documents and handed me the equity check. I asked GMTV work for the lyft/uber, and it was ordered and took me home.

Pros
Highest price right now
Equity check same time as car drop off
Paid for ride home
2 days from calling GMTV buyer to check in hand

Cons
No system generated offer, requires some effort
A bit of a letdown from mentioning possible $63,000 to final offer $60,000
Drive to GMTV location to drop car off

2 Likes

We’re do they have locations?

Manheim drop off

GMTV has their own locations too.

1 Like

Has anyone done the Manheim drop off? Its the closest location to me, about an hour and 20.

I have done it. It is pretty quick and easy. I would recommend that you call ahead to see when their live auctions are so you can avoid dropping off then. It gets pretty crazy at those times and they may turn you away.

Thanks for the tip! I wouldn’t have been happy driving all the way there to get turned away.

The guy on the phone said that you dont get a receipt or anything from them they literally just take the car. That makes me a little nervous ha