Sold out of etrons!

If you think my money just gonna sit here and do nothing for 2 years then I have nothing more to say :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I think these are pretty good looking prices. A year ago I was in the $7-800 effective monthly for an e-tron after factoring in drive offs, so I got an m850i instead for $999 12k miles per year, 130k sticker, zero drive offs besides MSDs. I wish I was in the market for a new vehicle now, Iā€™d probably get one of these, easily $200 pm cheaper than a year ago.

Has this been confirmed that renewing a lapsed Costco membership will work for this?

1 Like

Still debating between a e tron and model y. Model y seems to be have better reviews when comparing the two . Anyone else use same logic?

Depends on your budget. If youā€™re leasing, Teslaā€™s rarely make sense. Otherwise if you Google it Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find comparison reviews. But frankly, test driving each will go a long way.

At these prices, Iā€™d lease an e-tron, wouldnā€™t even be a close call.

2 Likes

Hell, audi doesnā€™t even offer the e-tron in a convertible.

2 Likes

Quality vs (insert your comment here )

3 Likes

Exactly. People look at the optics, but donā€™t crunch their own numbers. When people look at broker pricing, theyā€™re not doing the math on effective monthly pmts. If you roll your driveoffs, which you should, and calculate your monthly payments, you can easily see which ones make sense.

I havenā€™t even factored in broker fees and Samā€™s 36 month deals (both 7.5k and 10k) are better than all the broker deals out thereā€¦ at least from the first page of the marketplace. (Not so much for the 24, but with these prices Iā€™d rather lock the car in for 3 years instead of 2).

@ the MSD ppl that commented earlier: I believe with Sam, the max MSDs lowered the payment (vs no MSD) by over $40/month. Coming out to around 8.8-10% IRR over the 3 years. Considering this is a completely guaranteed return, you can only properly compare this against other investments/assets with similar risk. So youā€™d be looking at high-yield savings, CDs, Tbills, etc. No-brainer. Now if your risk profile allows you to invest and in a sense bet on a singular stock or multiple stocks, thatā€™s great for you. But from a money perspective, youā€™d be doing yourself a disservice if you compare the returns on a high risk asset vs a no-risk alternative.

7 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

@Samaudibh - howā€™re the deals on Q7s right now? Do 55s lease pretty good or just 45s?

Has this been affirmed that recharging a passed Costco enrollment will work for this?

My Costco membership expired about four months ago. I was able to renew it and it just says ā€œ member since 2017ā€ (when I first joined). Iā€™m sure there is some point where renewal no longer works, but a matter of months is definitely fine.

In any case, I just did a deal with Sam for an ETron and my renewed membership worked flawlessly.

1 Like

I know this has been asked twice now, but didnā€™t see a response yet: Are these available in NorCal as well or in-person pick up in SoCal only?

$400 transport fee

Samaudibh,

If you have a California address, but own an home in Oregon and your drivers license is in Oregon, where you donā€™t pay taxes and where I register my vehicles, can I still do this deal.

I live in California, but donā€™t have my license here or register my vehicles here.

This is not legal. You may want to reconsider posting about commiting tax fraud online.

1 Like

How is it tax fraud? My primary place of residence, where my address and drivers license is registered is at my home in Oregon. I just also, have a residence in California.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have Costco membership but my parents do, is there anyway to use their membership but still have the car under my name?

yes the last name needs to match

1 Like

Any additional discount if qualified for CVAP?