Sold out of etrons!

Well, depends on if the DAS includes upfront taxes or not.

1 Like

Yeah, but with ā€œ339+tax, $3,800 DASā€ my guess is the tax additional.
But who knows, this always confuses me.

1 Like

yah, I could see it going either way. The way itā€™s written would make me expect $3800 DAS + $339 * 1.whatever my tax rate is monthly, however, it wouldnā€™t make a lot of sense to state a specific DAS amount without the upfront taxes factored in.

Suppose it could also be $3800 DAS + ($339*1.tax rate + amortized upfront taxes) monthly and that would qualify as $339+tax/$3800 DAS. @Samaudibh can you clarify which you mean here?

California does not collect upfront taxes .
So itā€™s simple
$3800 drives offs ( no cap reduction)
10 MSds
339ā€™plus tax ( every CA county tax is different) it can go anywhere from 6.75% to 12%

It would probably quiet the herd if you posted a calculator link showing the DAS but I did my best to mock it up on a 36/10.

E-Tron Premium Calculator

1 Like

Except on cap reductions/incentives applied as cap reductions.

$3800 seems remarkably high for drive offs in CA without any cap cost reduction included. $895 acq, $85 dealer doc, $8-1000 in gov fees. What am I missing if not upfront taxes on some of the incentives?

Right, so at 9.5% makes it $371/mo + $3,800/24 = $529. Close to what I said.

2 Likes

There are almost $17000 in upfront taxable rebates .

4 Likes

Which circles back to the question aboveā€¦

Youā€™re showing monthly as pre-tax but the das as post-some tax, depending on tax rate. Should the tax rate be higher than whatā€™s being assumed here, would the das amount change, the delta be amortized into the payment, or the delta absorbed to keep the payment $339+ sales tax on the payment and $3800 das? Iā€™d assume one of the first two, but one could easily expect that the only variable tax is the sales tax on the monthly. Thereā€™s an $850 possible swing in upfront tax, depending on location.

4 Likes

not sure why anyone would do these deals currently when brokers are doing $330-$350 a month (similar mileage) all day right now in socal. 3800 DAS and no MSDs on 71k msrp metal.

posting a calculator like another user mentioned would also result in less confusion.

1 Like

The broker listings I have seen are slightly more per month, but without msds listed. Seems to be essentially the same price. Unclear if the broker listings include a broker fee. Iā€™d rather pay msds than a broker fee personally.

I donā€™t think these are a bad deal, Iā€™m just trying to clear up any confusion. The questions regarding the das amounts are equally applicable to all of the brokers listing monthly plus tax with the das after tax.

2 Likes

That is correct sir, but some things like tax or acquisition fee cannot be negotiated. So focusing on the negotiated amount. But yes all in, in Cali it is 530 a month which is a very nice deal for the etron. It is a pity it does not qualify for state rebates.

And that was my point - that you were wrong about 339, but not wrong about the deal in general lol

eTron does qualify for $1500 CA Clean Fuel Rebate- itā€™s part of the incentives since itā€™s now point of sale.

most of the broker listings do not include the broker fee ~ $500.

2 Likes

I am more than happy to put my foot in my mouth. I didnā€™t mean to imply the deals are bad, but to a mediocre lease hacker at best (me), I would rather pay 500 up front than tie up 4200 in MSDs if the deal from a broker is very similar. mostly just my personal preference, though.

I donā€™t want to derail the thread any further, you yaā€™ll can take it from here

2 Likes

Deals without MSDs up front are the way to go, why tie up your money for 24-36 months??

2 Likes

Does this include Audicare ?

Because money you get back is better than money you donā€™t.

3 Likes

Exactly. Why tie up money in MSDs when you could be investing in gamestop, cruise lines and movie theaters?

6 Likes