Sold one to VROOM!

I received an email acknowledging receipt of BOL and that they had started payment process which would take 2-3 days. That was 13 days ago, and I haven’t heard a word since. I started calling from Day 4 and have not been able to resolve it. I spent two hours today talking/waiting with three different reps. No one could tell me what is holding up. Again, they all seemed eager to solve the issue, but all CSR can do is sending request/inquiry through internal system and waiting for response. Usually it ended up with the CSR said they would call me when they received a response, which never happened.

Thanks, I will give it a shot. I did send/reply email to Remote Purchase which was the department acknowledging receipt of BOL and stated payment process had begun. No reply.

Is this an example of a 15-day dealer payoff letter?

I got the same letter from Toyota/Lexus financial today for a Vroom buyout I am pursuing.

I will post details once the deal is wrapped up.

1 Like

My heartfelt thanks to the community.

@mani_is_kool (who is actually cool) helped me with a fantastic deal on a Civic 1.5 year ago, on this marketplace.

Chronicling my experience buying out a lease via Vroom.

Wife’s '18 Lexus RX 350L is falling short of her expectations (coming from '12 MB 350L Bluetec). Had signed RX lease for 48/15K back in 12/18. Could not think of how to get rid of lease as always assumed I was locked. Last week, started looking for options again. I have 2 other cars. 1 unused as daughter went to college and won’t take car until fall sem. If I could get out of the lease, will get rid of unloved vehicle and save 560/mo for 5-6 months + ins.

So, the following is what happened. I will keep updating this post as the deal progresses.

1/10: Called LFS to find out payoff. Payoff $33,500 by LFS. Was asked to contact dealer to complete the actual buyout.

1/11 Casually checked Autonation, Carvanna and Vroom. Autonation and Carvanna were $30K and $31K roughly. Carvanna offered $34,846.

1/12: Called Dealer. They quoted $33,050 ($450 less than what LFS quoted) + fees and taxes = $36,200. Negative by $1,354. Heart sank. Decided to move forward anyway.

1/13: Verification documents emailed to Vroom (picture of odo, registration and license). Read thru a bunch of threads on LH forum and realized if Vroom (any dealer) buys directly, tax and possibly fees can be taken out of equation. Cautious optimism.

1/14: Vroom called to ask if I will be available to talk to LFS 3 way to grant Vroom permission to receive payoff quote. Said yes. Did not get call that evening. Lexus dealer called around same time and asked if i will let the dealer buy out the lease if they beat Vroom. Said yes, of course. Came back with $32,500 and said can’t do any better and I should move forward with Vroom.

1/15: Vroom called again, this time already on a call with LFS. I consented to releasing payoff to Vroom, and asked LFS to send me a copy as well. Received email next minute. Payoff quote of $32,890 (lower by $610 from original quote). Awesome, I thought. Got eDocs to sign in next 10 minutes. Signed right away, carefully reading everything (I think), especially numbers.

1/19: Still have not received FedEx package. Emailed them. Tracking number they provided was wrong. Got a reply within an hour giving me correct tracking ID. Package received in the afternoon. Contained just the power of attorney doc, signed and dropped of in the evening.

1/20: Received package. Signed and sent back.

1/21: Package delivered to Vroom. Got email saying there was an error on the power of attorney form, sending another one via Fedex.

1/22: Received the new package. Signed and dropped off.

1/25: Vroom received my POA. Got email saying carrier assigned (Acertus) and they will contact within 2-3 days.

1/27: Got call from Acertus, scheduled pickup for 9:30 AM next day.

1/28: Truck showed up at 12 PM. Checked the car a little bit and loaded up. Its only going to Orlando which is about 2 hours from here so hoping for speedy payment/payoff process. They have already listed the car for sale with 3K mark up.

1/29: Email received from Vroom, with tracking numbers for LFS payoff check and my +ve equity check. Just need to check if my LFS account shows settled by next Tuesday or so (and my check clears) but that should be the end of it I guess. Hopefully no surprises in the last leg.

1/30: Received check for my +ve equity. Deposited right away of course.

2/1: Payoff check delivered to LFS in the morning. Will keep checking my LFS account to see when/if it closes out.
2/6: LFS closed out account. I called them a couple of times during the week to inquire when they will reflect the payoff. They assured me that they had received the check on 2/1 and once all process is complete, account will be closed out. They even cancelled my upcoming scheduled payment so that there is no overpayment and ensuing refund.

All in all, good experience. Took a while to get done but no issues at any point. Communication with Vroom was good. I was prepared for a lot of hassle based on mixed experiences posted on this thread by various members. $1956 +ve equity, roughly $2600 of savings by way of not having any lease or insurance payments for next few months and getting out of car that we don’t like is worth the hassle in my opinion. I am not entitled to a great deal, I must work for it, is what I tell myself.

2 Likes

Dealing with Vroom myself currently, they are seriously all over the place :joy:.

I got like 4 different offers/quotes in a span of 2 days. Obviously I accepted the highest offer, filled out the required docs, did the 3 way call with LFS and signed the DocuSign.

Waiting for FedEx documents currently and after that it will be time for pick up.

Let’s see how all of this plays out. Good luck :beers:

1 Like

So after not hearing anything for a week after accepting the offer, they’ve been pretty good. They sent me the e-sign package and the FedEx power of attorney. I was concerned that the payoff seemed a bit low so I requested a copy of the letter from Hyundai, and they sent it after a few days.

I signed the online documents and paid the negative equity with my card, so my big concern now is the power of attorney. It was dropped at my house on Wednesday (1/13). The paperwork said to return it within 2-3 days. I signed it and packed it up to go back on Thursday (1/14) and brought it to the Walgreens FedEx counter on Friday (1/15). So, 2 days. However, they sent me emails on both Thursday and Friday warning me that if they didn’t receive it by the 16th, they would cancel the transaction. Now, these were obviously automated emails. Hopefully their system doesn’t automatically cancel anything and their buyer still has control over that stuff.

Now, to make matters worse, I checked the tracking this morning. Apparently the people at Walgreens got confused and before the driver came to pick up the outgoing deliveries, they scanned it as an incoming package. So even though it’s supposed to go to TX, they were holding it for recipient pickup at the store. Piling on, this store is almost an hour away because I asked my brother to drop it off when he left my house and he went to the store near his place. He just went over there and got in a huge argument with them because they insisted it was his fault and they couldn’t take it because it’s an overnight shipment. Finally he got them to give it back to him and he brought it to a FedEx store. They were able to open the label back up and it now shows that it’s on its way again, so all I can do is cross my fingers.

I did send an email to VROOM letting them know what’s up, but who knows if it even makes it to anyone. I was so close and it’s going to suck if they cancel this deal on me at this point.

A big shout-out to Isacr for suggesting the straightbuydocs@Vroom.com email address. I sent everything to that address at 9am yesterday asking for help. I also, as usual, spent nearly two hours on the phone with Senior Support (i.e. escalation) team of Contract department at Vroom. At the end of conversation, they told me that payment was in process. I was still skeptical because I heard the same on Tuesday. So I got on the phone again at 3pm when no email came to confirm payment. Another 2 hours wasted to no avail, most of which on hold for “the next available agent” between transfers.

This morning, I received, finally, an email saying that a check is being sent to me, with FedEx tracking number. Obviously, it only counts when I have the check in my hand, but the situation looks a lot better than 24 hours ago. Thanks to everyone’s input. I will update with complete time line on Monday when, hopefully, I receive the payment check.

1 Like

Finally got my pay off from vroom yesterday for my Camry after about 5 business days since I sent BOL from pick up. Checked my TFS account and says that account is closed so Toyota got the check at the same time as well.

Full time it took from quote to check received was a month total and that’s through the holidays. Some hold up was on my end since my lease ended and had to extend it for vroom to buy it out and that took an extra week.

Overall, I feel like vroom is slower than carvana. I initially tried to go with carvana and they called right away to set up a 3 way call with TFS for the lease buyout but was told that they don’t buy cars within 90 days of lease end so I went with vroom, whereas with vroom it took a few days of back and forth calls just to set up a 3 way call. Vroom beat out carvana by 1k+ on their offer as well and the most out of any of the other ones I tried like carmax, autonation, and shift. I would use their service again but lesson learned in doing everything within the last week of my lease end.

1 Like

Did your Vroom account ever say the sale is completed?
I recently sold my leased VW to Vroom, VW Credit sent me a Settlement final Invoice of $0 so I know for sure I am done with VW.
But on the Vroom account it never say it’s completed. still showing “preparing your price”.

Well it isn’t a lease but I finally accepted their offer this morning on my 2016 Edge and have already had the bank send the payoff confirmation and e-sign the docs from Vroom. I’m expecting a FedEx package from them tomorrow with docs they need wet signatures on and hope to turn it around same day. Sounds like a might get held up when it comes to scheduling pickup after that but we’ll see, good luck all!

Trying to allow for their CPO $1000+ cost I would guess

So I finally received the payment check 17 days after the car was picked up by Vroom. Here is the complete timeline:

12/20/2020 - Got and accepted Vroom’s offer; uploaded all verification documents.
12/21 - Received paperwork via DocuSign; e-signed the same day.
12/22 - Received email stating that the mailing of paperwork was delayed.
12/24 - Received FedEx packaging for the paperwork; signed the Statement of Fact and sent back with signed title via FedEx the same day.
12/28 - Received email stating a new Statement of Fact is needed.
12/29 - Received FedEx package; signed the new Statement of Fact and sent back via FedEx.
12/30 - Received email stating they had all the documents and started pick up process.
12/31 - Trucking company contacted to confirm address and readiness of car.
1/1/2021 - Trucker called and came to pick up the vehicle; sent BOL to Vroom.
1/2 - Received email confirming receipt of BOL; stating that payment had processed which should take 2-3 days.
1/7 to 1/15 - Called everyday to inquire payment status; were told in multiple occasion that payment would be processed.
1/15 - Sent email with all documents to straightbuydocs@vroom.com asking for help.
1/16 - Received email confirming a check is being sent via FedEx with tracking number.
1/18 - Received the FedEx package for the check.

The process up to vehicle pick-up went rather smoothly considering the holidays. However, as mentioned in previous posts, following up the payment status was very stressful. I read some posts where others received their payment checks promptly, so I hope my case is an exception. But Vroom does need to improve their customer service system. All things considered, I will give Vroom another try in the future.

1 Like

I guess, but the KBB price is quite a bit higher, with the hot used car market. I guess they have a much higher margin they would like to keep at the beginning of the year. I am in Jacksonville FL and the dealer mark ups are way higher than average around here.

Says the same for me. Maybe it won’t be closed until they get the title from the manufacturer?

Hey did vroom had you send signed title and statement of facts to them or just statement of facts?

Thanks

I sold my Honda to VROOM I received my payoff check but my Honda account still shows the car hasn’t been paid off. Those of you who sold a Honda to VROOM how long did Honda take to post the payment to your account to pay off the car?

I my case it took almost a week.

Vroom asks for both. To be honest, I was a little uncomfortable sending signed blank title and statement of fact, AND releasing my vehicle to the trucker. It actually sounded like a scam if you ask me. However, this is how Vroom operates, and posts in this forum helped me decide to move forward with sales to Vroom.

Hello,

Vroom is offering me $3000 more than what Carvana is offering for my Dodge Charger lease, should I pull the trigger and go with VROOM? I am hesitant because i keep reading people are having issues with them, and they are slower than carvana. But, 3k is a lot of money to waste. I’m hesitant here, any advice?