Sold one to VROOM!

With all the success sales to Vroom and cash in 3k i will not hesitate at all … !

Sale it and laugh all your way to the bank …

1 Like

Thank you.

I have already started the process with Carvana, do you know if I can call them/email/ or use their site to put a hold on the sale?

I have uploaded my odometer, driver license, and 10 day loan payoff document to carvana, but haven’t heard from them for 2 days now.

Not very sure, did you sign and commit with them ? Or only started the process ?

Nope, no signing of any paperwork yet. Just me uploading the initial documents I listed above, which they required on their site.

So technically you didn’t “commit”. If I were you I will just start the process with vroom. And if Carvana try to reach out to you, just reply you need a few more days/week.

Again as I see it, you didn’t deal with a broker that actually worked for you and then you’re trying to back out, you only opened a case with a machine, and started a process, that you changed your mind.
Don’t see anything wrong here.

1 Like

Agreed with Pad18. I just sold mine to Vroom (see my timeline a few posts up). For $3k, definitely give it a go. Since you have not signed any paperwork with Carvana and still have your title in hand, you are free to sell to highest bidder. I also sold my SUV to Carvana two years ago, and actually like it better, but not $3k better. Good luck!

Finished the sale of my 2018 Clarity to VROOM they paid me $1850 over what was owed. Total time it took from accepting offer to receiving check and lean holder paid was exactly 1 month. I live in the SoCal LA area.

Anyone had any issues having Vroom obtain, or Mercedes send, a dealer payoff letter for the lease? I’m going in circles with this!

We had this issue last year. Ask them to go on a three way call.

Someone from vroom called me today and I told them they need to call AFS to get the payoff, and they said they will call and get back to me. I’m assuming I’ll have to three way at some point but they sounded like they had enough info.

I was in the process of selling my Volvo to Vroom but was informed that Volvo has made recent to their policy and will no longer provide 3rd party payoff quotes.

Because the only payoff document Volvo will provide is the customer payoff form that contains verbiage “If a third party has agreed to pay off your account, there is a risk that their payment will be dishonored…” accoding to Vroom, they will no longer be able to purchase Volvo vehicles unless the customer buys it outright and then sell. Same applied when I tried through Carvana.

According to Volvo Finacial lead person I’ve spoke with, they are now gearing towards only allowing Volvo vehiles leased through VFS to be sold to Volvo retail stores.

Bad news, but really not bad. You can’t sell a Volvo without negative equity, anyway.

Wow. They were probably getting sick of people asking for third party payoffs. I was lucky and was able to get almost 4K above my buyout for my 2020 XC60.

1 Like

Please do share how you managed that when most are $5-8K upside down.

I’m not sure how to answer that. There was 3k DAS for the xc60 and my payments were 300/mo including tax. Payoff was 36xxx and Vroom offered 40,xxx. I dont know how they got that number but I wasn’t complaining. Carvana offered 34000

High DAS, high discount and low mileage could help. But a ~$9K swing from negative to $4K positive? Though Vroom and Carvana went crazy with their offers last summer when I was around $3k negative…

Yeah. I leased at a great time where there were tons of incentives, but it wasn’t a low mileage lease. Also, total positive equity was about 1500 if you subtract the 3k DAS and add the 500 bonus drive. I still think VROOM was on crack with that offer.

I meant actual mileage driven. Low mileage lease would make payoff higher :slight_smile:

Ohhh. Yeah. Youre right about that, though we only had the car about 6 months

2020 Volvo v60cc loaner that I leased was very close break even with 4 months into the lease.

Payoff was at 35.5k, vroom offered 34.9k.

Wasn’t bad considering I won’t need a car throughout 2021.

1 Like