Sold one to VROOM!

How long until you got the documents from them? I accepted the offer 4 days ago and it’s been crickets since.

Here is my timeline. Overall, this process was immensely frustrating and highlighted by marked incompetence.

12/14 - Offer accepted
12/16 - DocuSign received with incorrect lease payoff amount. Multiple emails and phone calls to get this corrected.
12/19 - FedEx documents received and mailed back next day.
12/19 - Updated DocuSign received still with incorrect lease payoff amount. Again, multiple emails and phone calls.
12/24 - Correct DocuSign received and signed.
12/28 - Vroom signs DocuSign and emails me that I should hear about which carrier will pick-up within 2 days.
12/31 - No emails from Vroom about pickup so I call in. Get phone call within a few hours from driver to schedule pickup. Schedule for 1/3 at 4pm.
1/3 - Driver does not show up. I call him at 5pm and he says he’s not coming. I call Vroom. At this point I still don’t know who the carrier is supposed to be since they never emailed me.
1/5 - New driver texts me at 9:30 pm that he wants to pick up the car at 7am the next day. I tell him I work in the morning and ask him for an afternoon time. He says he will call me the next day.
1/6 - No word from driver. I call Vroom again
1/7 - After multiple phone calls, I get a call from dispatcher. We arrange a time for next day.
1/8 - Driver shows up at agreed time. Picks up car. Instead of sending me Bill of Lading, sends me his company contract with carrier. Dispatcher swears this is all I need. It’s not. I call Montway (the national carrier who awards the contract to local carrier) to get BOL. Email BOL to Vroom. Vroom tells me check will be sent within 72 hrs.
1/9 - FedEx delivers my check. Hopefully, lease holder got theirs too. Will call them.

Whole process took almost a month. I spent countless hours on the phone with Vroom & Montway. About 30 emails back and forth. Tracking numbers for FedEx were either wrong or never sent. Had to extend my lease by a month because things did not move forward as expected. The only person from Vroom who consistently tried to help was the person who originally called me after I submitted the appraisal to finish the deal. But even his efforts were often in vain. Overall, ask yourself if this is worth the headache. Because it sure has been a headache.

3 Likes

Wow, that does sound like quite the headache. I’ve seen other posts where people have had similar problems. It seems like they really do not have their process ironed out like you’d expect from what seems like a large-ish outfit. However, it does seem like everyone eventually ends up getting their money in the amount they were promised. At this point they’re the only one that’s offered enough money that it makes sense to accept, and I have plenty of time. I’m probably a glutton for punishment, but maybe I’ll keep riding it out. I’m just concerned now that since it’s going on a week since they made the offer they’re going to change the amount, even though I accepted after 2 days.

1 Like

might be some posts i’ve missed, but i dont believe they’ll change the offer once you’ve accepted. did you submit your documents?

Yep. Submitted the documents 2 days after the offer. They emailed me that night asking for my “drives license”. I had already uploaded it, but sent it again. That was 4 days ago.

I know people said that they kept the offer the same while they were waiting for pickup, but that is more expected since documents were already signed. Officially it sounds like I should be locked in once I send in my docs, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they somehow lost my submission and make me start over. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. I don’t really have anything to lose, because I have no other good offers on the table. So really I just need to wait and hope they come through with the number they gave me or just keep the car.

Just keep calling and emailing. I believe once you accept the offer, it’s locked in.

mine finally got picked up after a week. Original carrier emailed to me never had a phone number listed nor did they contact me. Got another carrier which was more professional, got it set up within 2 days for pickup.

question, says on the email from vroom to cancel car registration once it’s picked up. I’m in CA, do I need to do anything about it since I can’t find anything on the DMV site about it.

NRL from the CA DMV

Thanks, what do I put for new owner and address? vroom?

This info is in the email from Vroom

Important: It’s your responsibility to notify your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) that you no longer own the vehicle. This can be done by completing an online form on your state’s DMV website (typically called a “Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability” (NRL)).

You may need the following:

• Vehicle VIN
  • Mileage on your Odometer when you sold your vehicle
  • Name and address to whom you sold your vehicle:

Left Gate Property Holding, LLD (d/ba “Vroom”)
2103 CityWest Blvd, 11th Floor
Houston, TX 77042

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 855-534-3755. Please do not reply to this email.

1 Like

Hi Folks,
Trying to sell my Infiniti to Vroom. Signed all the paperwork through docuSign, FedEx’ back the power of attorney, received an email from carrier to schedule a pickup date. However, Infiniti FS doesn’t know anything about this transaction and neither have any records of Vroom reaching out to them. My question is, will Vroom make the payment directly to Infiniti after receiving the car or will they cut me a check and I make the pay-out? Thanks

Assuming you told Vroom that you had a lean holder, they should have reached out to them for a payoff amount. It should be on your DocuSign. If it is, then they will cut a check to Infinity and one to you if there is something left over.

1 Like

Yes, the lienholder is Infiniti FS on the Vroom Bill of Sale I signed

I guess I only had to READ the fine print :shushing_face: :joy: It looks like Vroom doesn’t contact Infiniti FS until they see the car.

. If you have a lien on your title, you must complete and return
the Payoff Verification Authorization form and a Power of Attorney allowing Vroom to transfer title. We will contact your lienholder during business
hours to get a 10-day payoff. If you have positive equity on the Vehicle, we will issue payment to your lienholder and you will receive a separate
payment for the difference. However, Vroom will not make either of these payments until the Vehicle is in Vroom’s possession.

Are people still seeing Vroom up their offer after a few days or has that practice stopped? I have an offer that is close and when they called the rep said they would submit for re-review but I haven’t seen anything since. Not sure if I need to use a new email or something but curious what others are seeing, good luck all!

Is vroom the worst run company on earth or just top 5 contender?

I accepted an offer to buy my MB c43 almost a month ago, have done exactly what was asked at each step within hours of receiving notification, and I still am not even moved from contracting to pickup yet. After 10-15 phone calls and countless unanswered emails, I finally made them escalate it and was told they didn’t know why it wasn’t moving out of contracting but I should hear in up to 14 days. Assuming anything happens, I would be going on 6 weeks to sell them my car. Unbelievable and countless wasted hours. If I hadn’t unfortunately signed contracts and sent them negative equity payment, I would have sold this car to someone else ages ago.

Avoid at all costs, just an awful company to deal with from my experience.

1 Like

Got my estimate on Jan 1 , cashed the check on Jan 12th . Whole process took 11 days . Sold leased Honda Accord .

How do you get them to escalate? I have not received payment almost two weeks since they picked up my car. I have been calling everyday for a week now to no avail. In the meantime, my car has been on Vroom site over a week. The departments of Vroom seem to operate in silo. Each case is passed from one department to the next. While the customer service reps tried to be helpful, they can’t really give you any useful info and so far have produced no result. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

To be honest I’ve done nothing extra to speed up the process. I FedExed the POA back to them the same day I got it , my check arrived 3 days after they picked up my accord . Sorry not much of help.

Did u not get an email saying they sent u the check ? With the fedex tracking ?

Resend your BOL to straightbuydocs@Vroom.com - that is what I usually do when the payment takes longer than usual. Let them know you have been waiting for two weeks.

Has worked for me in the past