Sold one to VROOM!

They got my first gm payoff without me doing anything. After the 10 payoff expired they asked me to request to have it faxed over. I simply responded “you were able to get it the first time and I don’t have time to sit on hold so please do the same thing you did last time”. Surprise they were able to get it.

Man, my driver keeps delaying the pick up. So effin annoying.

Well I texted GM (only way to get through) and they said they would email me the payoff letter. The one thing is that the amount included the sales tax but Vroom doesn’t pay (?) that so will they account for it?

Just request the dealer payoff.

Sold my 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L to Vroom today. Hadn’t planned on selling but got offers from Vroom and Carvana just for kicks. Vroom’s offer was about $3k more so I went with theirs.

Process took some time and I wish their communication was better along the way but all in all this was relatively easy. I was surprised by the difference in the Vroom and Carvana offers so I would definitely recommend getting quotes from multiple places if you’re looking to sell.

2 Likes

Make 3 way phone call with Vroom and GM on the line and get Vroom authorization access to Your account. I have this done many times.

Thanks but near impossible these days to get GM on the line. I was on hold for 45 minutes at one point with no end in site so messaging was the only way to actually get hold of anyone. They say a letter will be emailed to me in 48 hours so I think that will work.

They should be able to obtain a dealer payoff on the dealer support line. https://dealers.gmfinancial.com/contact-us/dealer-services.aspx

2 Likes

wow thanks for that info.

In the process of selling to Vroom. I got a great offer on my 320xi. I signed the contract and mailed my title yesterday. I guess I wait for them to give me a pick up date now

In the process of selling my car to vroom. Got original quote and let it expire when I was dealing with Algo. Got an updated offer for $500 more from vroom and accepted it. Got docusign and fedex shipping slip online. Sent out spare key and title. Will wait for next steps of pick up.

Vroom offered 3k over payoff on my 2018 MDX. The process was smooth. They picked the car up Saturday, my check arrived via FedEx Monday. I was able to verify with AFS that payoff was received and account closed.

1 Like

I have a PSA in case this helps anyone. Just finished selling my car to Vroom. I got bids from Carvana, Algo,Shift, Give me the VIN, Luxe Autos, Carfax, and the local Audi, Nissan, and Mercedes dealerships. Vroom was the highest. Sold for $45,952 and Vroom has listed it for sale on their website for $49,980.

My PSA is that I wasted a bunch of time in 4 different phone calls and multiple emails to Vroom cause I after getting all the quotes above I figured it was time to just accept Vroom’s as the highest, and I signed the docusign they sent. Well, just for kicks a couple days previous I resubmitted my quote request to Vroom from a different email and got the same offer. However, what I didn’t know is, often times, if you don’t accept their offer, in 2 days, Vroom automatically will send you another email increasing your offer. They increased my offer by $500. Unfortunately, I didn’t receive this email until the day after I signed the docusign on the first offer. Long story short, I called Vroom and the customer support lady said they would adust the offer up, but after a bunch of back and forth over a week, they actually decided not to do so since I already signed the docusign and sent in my power of attorney and spare keys. Their customer support is actually quite disorganized as the manager who made the final “no” decision isn’t customer facing, so every time I called I was told yes and that I’d receive an updated docusign with the higher price, but then it never happened because someone behind the scenes said no, and never actually informed me, the customer. All the customer support people were nice, and the last one told me I could cancel the whole process and start over, but that would risk that the new offer would expire so I just cut my losses and completed the transaction with the lower price. Anyway, in summary, if you want to make sure you have the highest bid with Vroom, submit for a quote request every day for 3 days in a row with 3 different emails. If day 2 is higher than day 1, and day 3 is the same as day 2, then let day 1 and day 2 expire and on day 5, you’ll probably get an email from Vroom increasing day 2’s price and accept that one. If it doesn’t come by day 6, then just accept day 3. Other than all this stuff, the process was pretty smooth so I still recommend them.

1 Like

Update - received looking for carrier email

did You get 10 day dealer payoff?

Not yet. Got an email from Vroom telling me they will call me when the have GM on the phone so I can give authorization to release the info for the buyout. At first, it was like get GM on the phone and then call us for a conference call but the wait times for GM was in excess of an hour for the last few days so told them to do it. They agreed but no call yet. Made my last payment and the truck is due back October 14, so still have time.

So I received my check today and they picked up the vehicle yesterday. I made 1 payment on the 9th so the buy out quote deceased by that payment amount. Do I get that difference back automatically or should I follow up with them regarding it?

I was told by vroom that lender will refund the deference to you

2017 Mazda CX-5
36/12 lease agreements. 27K miles on car
Residual on lease - $16.4K
Vroom offer - $20.5K

8/28 accepted quote and sent confirming documents
9/3 docusign documents received and signed same day
9/5 FedEx documents received and sent out spare key same day
9/8 carrier assigned
9/15 car was picked up
9/17 received check

1 Like

Had a very similar experience and don’t think I can count high enough the number of minutes I spent on the phone on hold trying to sort everything out. Regardless of whatever email you use, the offer is tied to your phone number. I had accepted my first offer, then got a “we’ve increased your offer” for a second appraisal I did. There was a lot of back and forth trying to sort everything out and make sure I got the higher number. Best thing you can do at that point and make sure to call Contracts. It was usually a 30min hold each time I called, but the people in that department made sure everything went through as needed. They were much more helpful than the general CS people who transfered me to five different departments not knowing exactly what to do. Once everything was sorted, though, I received my FedEx documents and sent them in, signed DocuSign documents, and my car was picked up two days later–the driver arrived at midnight last night (is this normal!?). I didn’t want the hassel of rescheduling, so I told him it’d be fine and that I’d be available. Now I just wait for my check.

Everything was sorted out early in the week. I received the FedEx documents on Thursday. Signed DocuSign and sent power of attorney back later that day. Vroom received FedEx docs on Friday and my car was picked up Saturday night.