Sold one to VROOM!

Vroom is still my highest offer out of carvana and shift. Tried kbb instant cash offer and it came $180 less than vroom. So surprisingly it’s not bad

@conlecya Not yet, they are really behind on this… I called yesterday and ask them to expedite this since my payoff quote will increase after 9/9.
Next Thursday? Probably is kind of rush.
What car are you getting next? is it going to be a lease?

Noob question - I am in NJ

Accidentally posted this on Carvana thread.

About to sell my car to Vrroom - they are offering $25,800 and my buyout is $25,588 (BEFORE tax). I was told that they handle the buyout directly with Subaru finance and that I would simply get a check for $212.

It all makes sense, except - who pays the sales tax on the sale? When I call Sub Finance for my buyout, it says $27,283 including sales tax ($25,588 before tax).

I just want to confirm I will not be responsible for the $1700 in sales tax after Vroom buys it out.

1 Like

I’m selling a 2014 Prius with 128k miles and buying a 2020 Prius Prime Limited with less than 10k. I said if I was going to get another one, I was going to get the one I wanted!

1 Like

Whoever buys the car from Carvana.

1 Like

Vroom is dealer & when they purchase your car they don’t pay tax nor you have to pay tax on selling car.

1 Like

No tax is paid since they are a dealer

1 Like

In the process of selling a vehicle to Vroom and a bit frustrated. They sent me a carrier assigned email, but when I call the carrier there is no record of my VIN. Has anyone else faced this issue?

Every time I call Vroom the agents seem powerless to look into this issue and are just able to email their delivery/logistics department. That department has yet to respond to the emails or get back to me despite numerous attempts. For the people that received the carrier assigned email - how long did it take for the carrier to actually contact you?

At this point I am regretting not selling elsewhere with a quicker/less stressful process (but they have my title).

Can you sell a car that has a temp. registration. I bought a car in NY last week and now I’m getting $1900 over payoff. Can I sell to them or do I have to wait for the registration

It’s all about the Title of the car, not the registration. Who has the title? Don’t think Vroom cares about the registration. And don’t see why you can’t sell to them asap without registration.

I’ve had a frustrating experience with vroom too. I signed the DocuSign to sell to them but the next day got a higher appraisal from them (using a different email address). I called and asked nicely for them to increase the sale price to the higher value even though I already signed the contract. The rep said ok and that I would receive a new contract by email within 24 hours. Four days and 2 more phone calls later, I still haven’t received it. The reps say the same thing every time… That an internal team handles the DocuSign but that they sent them a message so it will be taken care of. Seems like their customer service is poor for anything out of normal procedure.

And to answer your question, I got the looking for carrier and the carrier assigned email on the same day and the carrier emailed and called the next day. I told the carrier to hold off though until I resolve my contract issue.

Based on the last many pages. When selling to Vroom taxes are not involved.

When I see my Honda Lease pay off amount online is that including taxes or not?

Edit: after 35 minute for a HFS representative.

• the amount online includes your particular taxes
  • if you sell to honda/acura dealer there is no fee
  • if you sell to other dealers there is a 350 fee plus taxes on the disposition amount (350 * sales tax of buying company)

thanks this helped me realize I have been working with wrong payoff amount (it included taxes) this whole time and wondering why I did not have positive equity.

Well said and exactly where I’m at too! I can pocket the 3k in equity, but then I’ll end up spending an extra 100mo for a similar vehicle compared to this time last year.

1 Like

How long does it take for Vroom to get back with you initially after accepting an offer and submitting DL/Reg and such? I let the initial offer expire but couldn’t resist their counter that arrived with $1K increase in value.

@WHIZ for us is 3 days. but you can see other’s timeline shared from above.

Question for those who signed the contract, on question 14, it asked “How many keys are you providing with the vehicle upon pickup?” since I have 2 keys but 1 will be Fedex over to their office, so should I put “1”? since I’ll have 1 key left for the driver who picked it up. Or should I just put 2?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I just looked at my contract and I did put 2 plus, even though I only had 2 total and 1 did get shipped. I think when I read it I didn’t see the “upon pickup” part. I didn’t hit any snags though. My opinion is to put 2. Any confusion in contract language benefits those that did not write it, but I doubt it would ever come to that

I see, then i’ll also put 2+, Thanks!
Now lets see how long it will take for the rest of the process, since Labor Day is right around the corner. I should be getting the FedEx doc tomorrow.

For those selling or have sold your Hyundai lease, how long did it take for Vroom to get the payoff details? HLT told me it takes 2 days to process the fax to send to vroom

I accepted the offer on August 26, still have not gotten any documents to sign, only got one email last Friday with these information:
"Thank you for submitting your ownership verification information.

In 2-3 days, after we have verified this information, we’ll send you instructions on next steps which include:
Contract being sent to your email to e-sign (Docusign).
Depending on the details of your transaction, we may also send:
FedEx package with contract documents for wet signature (if applicable).
FedEx label to send us your title (if applicable).
Instructions on obtaining the payoff information from your lienholder (if applicable).

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 855-534-3755.

Sincerely,

The Vroom Team"
After that no communication. Should I be worried?