Sold one to VROOM!

Will do. We’ve made our last lease payment but I assume they will try and bang us for it anyway. I’ll keep you posted if I have any luck.

1 Like

It’ll depend on when AHFS actually receives the buyout check. Hopefully it’s received promptly as they will refund the unused, prorated amount of that monthly payment that you just sent upon closing out the account.

LL - I had a similar question. My last payment is due on July 29th. The payoff amount is for July 30th. In this situation, I stand to lose (waste) my last month’s payment, correct? Or do i get it back as a credit, since I didn’t use the car lease for the last one month July 30 to Aug 29th?

Based on all of our cars previously sold through Vroom or Carvana, you’ll get the unused, prorated portion of that payment back in the form of a check once the buyout has been applied and account closed out. It’s unlikely the entire month’s payment will be ‘wasted’. To avoid any complications, we always just send that last month’s payment and let AHFS handle the refund. It’s easier to eat a few $ from that last payment than it is to fight a late payment on record IMO.

1 Like

I had this happen to me and my guess is that the system gets confused if Email X has two quotes for the same vin, even if you accept the 1st quote, the reps only see the most recent one when you call in (that has the lower value). I didn’t have a ton of faith in their system so I just waited and used a different quote I had on another email (see below)

What I started doing when I was tracking my value before I decided to sell, I used different throwaway emails I had for junk accounts, so it’d be something like:
Email1 Quoted Monday
Email 2 Quoted Tuesday
Email 3 quoted Wed etc.
And when I saw that the value dropped, I accepted one of my prior quotes and then created a vroom account with that email for piece of mind.
2018 Honda Clarity Touring with 20k they offered me $23500, and that was after I got an email saying my quote increased by $500 2/3 days after a prior offer expired. I was nervous when the quotes dropped to the $22,200 range and wanted to cash out while I could still make a profit & didn’t need to commute.

They just picked up from me.

$12,350 for my 2014 JGC Limited 4x4 @ 109,000 miles.

Carvana was about 10 grand.

Noticed a dent right as I was cleaning it up to leave. Worked some driveway PDR on it and sorta smoothed it out. They were taking it right to the Manheim lot - it wasn’t going to the Texas Direct Auto (vroom showroom close to me) - they are just flipping it at auction. Way more than dealers were offering on trade - about 2k more.

FWIW, I called Honda today and spoke to them. (1) they basically told me to pound salt about the fee. I’m not getting another Honda but I even tried the “oh we don’t know what we’re doing yet and have always had Honda’s” to no avail. Oh well

(2) they said there is no sort of reimbursement for the last month lease payment. Our lease is up on August 19th. I just look at it as we are getting the money back from Vroom anyway given their offer. Whomever you’re leasing with might be different but that’s what the lease maturity center from Honda told me

The rep is wrong about that last month’s payment refund assuming there are unused days that remain. They legally can’t keep the unused portion as that is considered unused rent. You’ll receive it in the form of a check in the near future. The turn in fee was a surprise to me as well on the first sale. Like it or not, I guess that’s just the cost of doing business with Honda Financial.

1 Like

Anyone else deal with Vroom’s utter confusion on getting dealer payoff quote? here’s my experience thus far:

1. Vroom tells me to call AFS to get dealer payoff quote because it’s different than my payoff
  2. Call Audi financial (AFS) and find out they’ll only provide dealer payoff quote directly to dealer (after sitting on hold for an hour)
  3. i did a conf call with Vroom & Audi financial asking to get a lease payoff quote. Vroom said no we can’t ask AFS for the quote until you submit your paperwork
  4. submitted all my paperwork and now Vroom is saying i need to obtain dealer payoff from AFS (which they won’t provide me!)

Why is Vroom possibly so confusing on their messaging if they do this all the time?

I have mine scheduled for pickup. Wanted to know how much picky are they regarding some curb rash on wheels and minor scratches.

I have to disagree and maybe it is just a nuance in understanding. They will not return a payment that is already paid but that payment is not lost because when you make that payment the payoff decreases and the difference in the lower payoff goes right in your pocket. I didn’t read all the story but if you got a payoff before your payment posted then you will still get your money back.They are not actually refunding your payment but they are in a way. If you send a payoff amount that is before your payoff and then your payment posts, your account will be over funded. Once Honda realized the extra money is in their account, they will send you a check for the difference.

3 Likes

im in the same boat my payment is due August 1st and my payoff is through July 31st…i am thinking of making the payment just in case.

Seems like it might be semantics at this point. Instead of a “refund”, lessor is giving you change. Shrug

Probably been asked, but has anyone done both quotes one with outstanding loan and one without and received a different number? I’m wondering if having a loan lowers their offer at all. I would pay it off, but would take forever to get the title. Rather have that be someone else’s issue.

As mentioned earlier I submitted the online documents on Saturday and as of today I haven’t received the paperwork to sign yet. I thought they overnight the paperwork!? Lets wait and see how long more they need…

Caravana and Vroom use the Manheim API to test each VIN against what they think they can quickly sell it for at auction near your location or what they can retail it for if the price reconditioning costs is a bigger slam dunk.

The wholesale market has never been stronger so things are selling for 400-1500 over MMR these days. Vroom made a nice profit on your Grand Cherokee with minimal effort.

3 Likes

Gee thanks. :joy:

I assumed they were making a profit after paying for transport, reconditioning (which it will need some of), etc. Shitty business model otherwise.

All the local options were difficult because the state misreported the date of sale+mileage when I finally got it titled to me instead of chrysler capital (I was a dumbass and bought it off lease). They reported the sale date as 2 years later and the mileage what it was 2 years prior. Carfax threw up an exception to that - rightfully so. I couldn’t get the state to correct the date of sale. Because… it’s the government. I did manage to convince them I didn’t owe sales tax again when purchasing off lease - something that is technically the law in Texas but widely misunderstood (or abused).

Carmax was offering $8500.

Thank you for the advice! I just called them and they told me they can not get the payoff quote from my lending bank?? Why have they not contacted me earlier?? This is not very professional. They asked me to contact my bank and get the payoff and send it to them. I did so, lets wait and see… Thanks to @anon52899529 otherwise would have (wasted)/waited few more days

1 Like

Just had my 2017 Nissan Maxima picked up. It’s going right to auction in Pennsylvania. No major issues with pickup, carrier noted a couple chips and scratches that were very minor. Biggest hurdle was the driver using a new app for the process that took him extra time to figure out.

2 Likes

I am planning on selling my 2019 maxima, was yours a lease?
Also if it was, any issues from Vroom or nissan? I was told by carvana that they dont buy lease from Nissan.