Sold one to VROOM!

even after inputting the number of miles when submitting the registration and driver license information online for final processing?

@bimmerm3 Yes, that is correct!

It’s seems you are in process with them right now? I just finished/completed selling one to them a few weeks ago. Even after filling the odometer statement etc., you are still allowed to put on up to 250 additional miles without penalty and the deal is still valid. Anything over that, and they reserve the right to alter the deal.

what happens after contracts are signed and vroom takes your car and then comes back with a lower price then the contract states? will they bring your car back to you at no cost?

1 Like

Just got an offer for 4800$ for my 2019 Honda Odyssey lease in perfect condition I’m confused. Can anyone enlighten me please. Thank you

And carvana offered me 31,337 which is 2500 over my payoff… :thinking:

Take it and run

I will take it.
Side question. I wrote car is great condition but I do have a cracked tail light. Is it better to repair before I give it to them?

Blockquote[quote=“bimmerm3, post:1060, topic:56848, full:true”]
what happens after contracts are signed and vroom takes your car and then comes back with a lower price then the contract states? will they bring your car back to you at no cost?
[/quote]

At the time of vehicle pickup, the person doing the pickup does a mini/quick inspection, and takes a few pictures. The payoff check from Vroom is issued 1-2 days later. I believe this payment is issued even before the vehicle arrives at it’s destination and has a full/comprehensive inspection.

So they are pretty much paying out the contract price before they have a chance for full inspection. I am guessing they are hoping the pickup person can catch anything that is really egregious/substantially different than the info you provided in your self-evaluation of the vehicle condition.

For better or for worse, there is definitely a “trust” factor involved here (on both sides). I have found them to be very straight-forward in my dealings with them. The only negative thing being: everything was extremely slow (the entire process took almost a full month—that may have something to do with the Covid-19 situation though).

1 Like

I completed their online paperwork and sent them pictures of the documents they asked for. There was no conformation email afterwards. After I was done answering all their questions and sending them pictures there was just a screen saying I am done and will be receiving some additional paperwork to sign and send back to them. Is that normal that they are not sending any conformation email? If yes, how long does it take to receive the paperwork?

thank you in advance.

Yes, that’s normal (no confirmation email).

The package with documents that they will send to you will be overnighted to you. So you may get that around Wednesday ish.

1 Like

perfect, thank you so much!

1 Like

Folks - I’m new to this. I have a 2018 GMC Terrain for which the purchase option, end of lease is at $18745. I’m getting an offer from Carvana for $19600. Lease ends in 40 days. Am I looking at this correctly? If yes, should I go for it?

Is the 18.7k after tax? Can you do that right now at that price? If so yes do it and take the profit (unless of course you can sell private party for more)

1 Like

Dmmoney8- the number is on the lease contract. I suppose it doesn’t include tax.

I also have a dime sized chip art the bottom of the windshield. But that’s all the damage to an otherwise well kept SUV.

Call your leasing company, or go online to your lease account, and see what the dealer payoff would be for the next few days. Since there are only 40 days left on the lease I’m guessing it’s going to be pretty close to that number on your contract regardless, but it may be a little higher since the purchase at lease end price assumes you made add your payments, and since there are 40 days left I’m guessing there is 1 payment missing that might need to be added to that purchase price.

1 Like

Also note that some companies won’t tell you the dealer payoff, they’ll only tell it to the dealer. I’m dealing with this right now with audi financial

How long after they pick up the car do they send the check?

1 Like

someone above said typically you’ll get it 1-2 days after the car is gone

1 Like

Currently in the process right now. They offered us about $1375 more than car max and about $200 more then Carvana for our 2017 civic that’s coming up to lease end.

Today received the power of attorney and they included a fed ex envelope and label to return.

The one frustrating thing is it’s very difficult to get anyone at Vroom from the documents department or contract folks to respond. Had a couple of questions about the contract and took 2 days, 3 or 4 voice mails, until I finally got one of their normal reps to escalate for me to get a call back.

The girl today from the doc/contract team told me they pay out once the car reaches one of their “hubs”, but she didn’t specify where that would be. Sending the car from Boston. I’m now waiting to hear about the transport.

Sorry this post is a bit disheveled but the only other item to comment on is the buy out listed in the contract is about $375 more than what our buy out is from Honda. She said some companies charge a fee for selling direct to dealers but I’m going to call Honda tomorrow to see if I can do anything about it.

Vroom’s process has always been a little more disorganized compared to Carvana but neither are great with wait times or follow up right now. I was on hold for over an hour last week and finally gave up, opting for the callback option instead

That $375 disposition fee is normal for terminating Honda leases including selling to 3rd party dealers such as Vroom. Let us know if you are able to convince AHFS to waive it.

1 Like