Sold one to VROOM!

What a joke – Vroom offered me $21,500 on my 2017 S60 Inscription AWD. Carvana estimated it at $24,200. My buy-out is $29,500.

Even more humorous is that Carvana subtracted approximately $350 in value for lack of a spoiler (who even has one on an S60?), $761 for not having the 19" wheels (if you’ve ever looked at the 18" inscription wheels vs. the 19", unless you were desperate for a car on the lot, there’s no way you’d switch), and $400 or so for not having a DVD system. Again, who has that in an S60, and it’s definitely not a necessity or even a good/handy option to have.

That’s your opinion. Obviously Carvana has a different one.

2 Likes

Hmm, I appraised my vehicle in vroom as well as carvana- I got some good prices, better than subaru’s guaranteed value. I guess I will wait for Vroom’s assessment of my vehicle, but how has been reviews for carvana? Any reviews involving them?

I specifically picked one up with 18" and 235/45. There was only one available and everything else had 19". Don’t expected to get anything close to buyout anywhere on Volvo. @cheapdad00 hit a jackpot, but someone must have fallen asleep at Carmax.

2 Likes

Yes, and as it took them almost 3 months to sell and $2000 in price reductions before it sold, I think they may have wised up based upon other peoples Carmax offers.

Did they mark it down lower than what they paid you for it?

Yeah, I wasn’t planning on it, just curious!

I did get a letter from the dealership where I got my car about a month ago, saying that they “had to buy 50 S60s by July 31.” They would give me book value + 20%, and I would get “friends and family pricing on a new Volvo.” It was tempting, but I figured it was just a ploy, and looking at current dealer stock (in the NYC area in general), there wasn’t anything that would make me pull the trigger anyway.

Plus, at my buyout, they’d have to put me at the top range of BV, because I’d need the 20% to get me above my buyout.

No, they still made some money. They paid me $45,500 for it. Originally listed it for $50,998. I think it sold after it had been reduced to $48,998. My buyout was ~$42k when I sold it to them a month into the lease.

Yeah, it’s all gimmicks. None of the Volvo dealers would come close to my buyout even though the car is way under miles - just under 12K after 28 months.

1 Like

Vroom really likes my Volvo and want to get it on the cheap :smile:

I hope all is well ! My name is Anthony and I’m one of the appraisers here at Vroom ! I’m reaching out to you to follow up with the offer we made on your vehicle a short while ago. I was just curious if you had any questions with the offer made or the process and what we can do for you to earn your business. Please let me know your thoughts and we look forward to hearing from you !

Much Appreciated,

1 Like

Remember people, if the offer is WAY below the buyout, be glad you are leasing! Imagine if you had financed the damn thing.

5 Likes

Carvana offered a whopping $400 more than Vroom for my base 2017 MDX in Los Angeles. It was just $600 below my buyout. I did it out of curiosity… love the MDX and I wouldn’t let it go for a couple thousand over.

I have had 2 emails from 2 seperate employees with the same. I wonder why

Mine says 38k on mbfs which is weird cause sales price was 36k and then I had some incentives and discounts and ive already made 5 payments, maybe im missing something.

That payoff probably includes taxes would be my guess.

in place where it says options on vroom w/out am I checking it if I have the option or if I dont?

If you have the option, check it. If you don’t, uncheck it.

Yeah the Vroom UI is pretty bad. You tick it if you don’t have it.

Oh I tick it if I dont have it?? well crap I ticked all of it, nav, burmester, leather seats… anyways price was 26k which is laughable, my trade is at 34k…

True, but if you bought new, you should have known better. But then if you knew better, you would not have bought new. Chicken or egg.