Sold one to VROOM!

Er, too early, not enough coffee.

Vroom pays the leasing company the buy out, you get the difference.

I’m only retarded on the weekend mornings, I swear!

7 Likes

I would have easily made $4k if I had stumbled upon this website before I leased my 2nd Lexus…

;-;

Didnt u type this like 19 hrs ago? I feel you though, I would be pissed as well

1 Like

Good thing not every morning is not a weekend morning for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So Vroom will take care of the $20k in taxes then? What about the $3k difference for me?

do you owe income tax if you sell your car to these companies as if you were selling a house? since its sorta like an income

It’s not income selling a car as you’ve lost money. Car may be worth 23k now, but it was worth 45k

Guess I’ll quote the Jag for a quick $10 gc. Who knows - maybe I’ll make a few G selling it and negotiate for an SVR :slight_smile:

Edit: NOPE.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. Btw I also emailed you a business inquiry yesterday not sure if you have get to it yet. Thanks

their selling prices seem high … $38k for a 2015 F150? $44k for a 2013 boxster? put down the crackpipe

Yeah that F150 is stupid expensive, you’d think they would have something that’s a deal on the main page

There are two options when I request a online pay-off quote from Infinite, retailer assisted & financial institution. The former quote is almost 2.5K less. Anyone knows what these terms mean?

One is tax inclusive, if you were buying it off. The other is dealer payoff treated as a trade in so u get tax credit on ur new purchase or if ur leasing, less negative.

Which price should I use to see if Vroom’s buying price covers my pay-off? Thanks

If we sell a leased car for profit and then lease a new one would we still qualify for loyalty or do we lose that as we no longer have the car when we sign a new lease? Just making sure if it’s worth it should the profit be less than the incentive lol.

You should use the payoff…

Depends I think. But most give you some time 3 (?) months to get a new car and still qualify for loyalty. You should clarify with them.

1 Like

Like Bond said, Volvo gives you 6 months, for example.

1 Like

How do I calculate the payoff? is it on mbfs? Just gonna do it out of curiosity, do I use the payoff at the end of the lease or the payoff right now after 5 months of lease.

Call MBFS…they will tell you retail payoff. I believe someone said it’s on the online portal for your account too, but don’t have an MBFS account, so can’t say for sure. A phone call is 100% foolproof though.

Neither. you’d use the retail payoff at the current time. This would be different than your lease end buyout figure from your contract right now, due to interest/taxes.