Sold one to VROOM!

You really didn’t expect to get anywhere close to buyout after 5 months of a lease, did you? The people that have done that were extremely lucky. You are underwater 99% of the time the second you drive off the lot.

2 Likes

of course not, I think I got a pretty good deal so I was just curious.

This is just one reason why I don’t buy.

Or, what if you love the car when you test drive it/at first, but a few months in, you hate it? You’re stuck either being underwater on a trade or sticking with something you hate for 4-5 years.

What if your work situation changes, and you’re driving much further, put on a lot of miles, and then the car is worth a lot less 4 or so years in? You probably haven’t made enough payments to break-even (unless you take a 3-year loan, which is crazy because of the monthly).

I’ll gladly lease with a substantially lower payment, and then chuck it a few years later. Plus, you don’t have to worry about selling it to a dealer/one of these companies that is springing up/Carmax/privately. I don’t want to be out of warranty, either. Been there, done that.

Just to confirm vroom or carvana pay full payoff not like a dealer payoff correct?

My friend got $8,600 under payoff on a financed GLE43 AMG from Vroom. The car has been in an accident, though.

1 Like

Vroom has still not send out an appraisal for my car. Been almost a week now.

Guess they don’t want your car.

1 Like

My payoff was almost exactly the same amount under from Vroom on a GLC43. Carvana offered $1k more ($44k), and dealer offered $46k but with tax offset on trade-in equivalent to ~$49.5k. Buyout is $51.5k with 20 months left.

Call them so they can push it through

And if I’m not mistaken, i have no chance of selling my wife’s 2017 Ford Explorer to Vroom/Carmax/Carvana or the like because FMC doesn’t allow another dealer to purchase their leases, I believe?? So her only option with 12 months remaining is to sell to a ford dealership? Anyone have experience with Ford Motor Credit side of things? Would love to give Vroom and Carvana a try. This’ll be the last time we ever lease a ford.

I sold my year old M4 to vroom for 3.5k above my payoff. That was real nice!

My son has gotten a good offer from vroom. My question is for those who have sold to them. My son is selling a car he owns. Vroom wants him to send the title signed to them and once they pick up the car they will pay him. Is that how your deals worked. Seems weird they’ll have the title and car before receive the money Thx for your help

1 Like

This is how it works. It is an act of faith, but this is how vroom works (I just sold my van to them).

So how do you sell a lease when titke owned by the bank?

I assume, they send u power of attorney just as if u were trading in a lease early at a different brand dealer to get into a new lease.

1 Like

What car did yoj have Thanks in Advance

Tried to see what they give me for the 2018 V90CC loaner with about 7k miles that sits on the dealer’s lot :slight_smile:
If I buy it at 20% off + $6,750 allowance + $1K loyalty it is almost the same as $41,000 that vroom gives me. But if I get 25% off, then I can make $3k. Anyone want’s to flip it? :sunglasses:

I also apprised a 2017 V90CC loaner with ~6k miles on KBB. Mid-range trade-in is about $500 lower than the listed selling price on dealer’s website. The total discount would be 38% with 25% off before allowances.

1 Like

Hah… I just checked what my 2014 Grand Cherokee would be worth to them, and they’re offering me $7k more than what I owe on it. I may actually take them up on that, and jump into my next car sooner than later now!

1 Like

Probably because it’s financed, so you have plenty of equity. I’d compare with others, and KBB.

Yea, I just didn’t expect that much… definitely making me consider it! KBB came a little under what Vroom offered. I may swing by CarMax just for S&Gs as well.