Sold one to VROOM!

Grab it and run. Or wait 2 more months and do a pull-ahead, if you want another Volvo.

1 Like

So I think the morale of the story here is… no one instant-sell-here place is inherently better or worse than another. Vehicle demand for each company, location, mileage, and more all play a factor into it, and everyone will have different results.

So best bet is to just try all three and go with whatever is best. And don’t get offended when its far lower than your payoff, that just means it’s a damn good thing you are leasing!

2 Likes

Lol! I’m definitely leaning towards taking it…Despite all the great deals that Volvo offers (e.g., A-plan, Costco, 9mo pull ahead), I won’t be doing another Volvo. Back to Mercedes or Audi for me. I’m thankful that Vroom and Carvana exist because VCFS doesn’t even offer lease transfer which is a topic for another thread.

I got offered 28k on my Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport which was the highest offer I got from anywhere, still not good enough to sell though because payoff is 34k.

When they received your signed paperwork, how long did it take them to pick up your car and how long did it take when you receive the check?

Just got an offer of $15.5 on my '14 i3 REx Giga with everything but Harman Kardon with 31k.

Purchased about a year ago for $18,400.

1 Like

I got 2 offers:

Our offer for your 2017 Mercedes-Benz C 300 Class:
$25,750.00 (5 months old loaner, pano and camera, $330/m), buyout is $35.5k

Our offer for your 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Tech package RWD:
$20,750.00, buyout is $24,200

I did not expect the MB to be so low. Will try leasetrader.

1 Like

The beginning of a sale is when the car takes the biggest hit, not to mention it was a loaner when you bought it, so it was aged already.

No surprise at all.

I had a RX350 turn in that by simply entering the VIN Vroom offered $37k for, the dealer ended up buying it for $33k which is the payoff. So if I sold with Vroom! it would have made an easy $4k? Knowing this I am kicking myself in the butt.

2 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeeeeep! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

just tried Vroom and Carnava. Carnava offered almost $1000 more. so it is case by case.

Vroom just offered me 39500 on my new 6 month old Q50 RS fully loaded

Vroom just sent me a $10 amazon giftcard to make up some what of the difference lol

1 Like

Can you negotiate with them?

After getting a quote from vroom, I received a survey from them for a $10 Amazon gift card. Just received it. I like vroom :smile:

They’re going to go the way of Beepi on the thousands of amazon gift cards they are going to be giving out after the entire Leasehackr population started submitting offers this week. Forget overvaluing offers.

They only give gift cards to the specially selected group of people with great cars who do not take their offer :smirk:

3 Likes

My lease runs out in a little over 4 months (end of Dec). My buyout price right now is around $20k. Vroom offered $23k. +$3k seems like a good deal. How do I go about doing this? Am I buying it at $20k then selling to Vroom for $23k, or is Vroom going to pay off the $20k and give me $3k?

Also, how would sales taxes work with these? I’m registered in NY.

1 Like

Vroom pays the leasing company $23k for the car and you get cut a check for the difference between the payoff and the sale price. You don’t need to buy it from the leasing company.

3 Likes

Vroom pays more than buyout to the leasing company? :thinking:

2 Likes