Sold one to VROOM!

Also try in incognito.

https://www.vroom.com/sell/vehicleinformation is the URL.

worked on my phone incognito, idk, getting an appraisal now.

1 Like

If not, just send me the details and I’ll input with your email so you get all the info.

They know you there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got the most laughable offer from vroom. 7k below KBB. KBB has my car at 50k, vroom 43k.

Within 10 mins on the internet I had 45k, again laughable. waiting back on carvana.

My payoff is 47k

1 Like

kbb is giving me 34k so 3.5k lower than vroom.

I did a quick look at their inventory, they had one a year older on the lot for 4k higher than they gave me. Also had more mileage

Oh and 4 dealers have sent me emails to buy my car off for the best price lol.
Beware people if you are using KBB.

Well that’s normal i guess. 4k isn’t bad as compared to carmax prices. I once got an offer for a car in higher trim for 6k while they were selling a base for 11k with 50% more miles.

I just got offered 34k for my grand Cherokee with 5k Miles, pay off is 38k. They offered 19k for my wife’s rogue, pay off is 21k. They beat out kbb on all ends, maybe I’ll try carvana! More interested in getting rid of the rogue, wife hates it!

Anyone know if you sell to VROOM and buy a car from them, will they give you the tax credit? I am in MD and paid full sales tax on my lease. They offered me $27k on my Subaru Outback Limited and I owe $29,435 but I really want to get rid of it. I don’t think I will ever break even and 1 year in I am over 20k miles. So if I wait I keep just putting more miles on. Thinking about taking the $2435 loss.

Also, anyone experience buying a car from VROOM?

Why would they give you the tax credit? You are buying a new car, it has nothing to do with your Outback. That is the problem with the leases in VA - paying tax on the full price.

2 Likes

I thought when you sell them your car, you only pay the difference on trade value vs selling price of new car.

I’d think these are two separate transactions and it works differently from the “normal” dealers with VROOM, but maybe you are right.

When I try it on Carvana, it shows the tax difference with my trade. However, Carvana is only offering me $25k which I cannot accept. The VROOM website is hard to navigate, Carvana is much easier.

Sounds similar to Texas. If you trade a vehicle in you only pay sales tax on the remaining amount, e.g. $60k - $30k trade (but no equity) = $30k taxable on the $60k

Carvana giving me $38,300 for 2017 Lexus RX350 with 20k on it

Vroom giving me $37,000 for the same

KBB Instant Cash offer is $35,500

Dealer when I was thinking about getting a CX9 for the wife offered $39k, but have a feeling it was baked since the discount was minimal. Payoff is $39k flat.

Will try carmax next week. Quitting the full time job to focus on my business (www.outboundlighting.com) and going to unload the wifes RX and she’ll take over my $215 330ix wagon and I’ll go back to driving my paid-off truck.

2 Likes

No, i just sold them my leased Lexus Rx350 a month ago

1 Like

2016 BMW 320i with 6 miles got an offer of 20K. My payoff is 27.5K…

I’m trying to get out of my lease of a Volvo V60 T6 R-Design. It has 22K miles, and I have 11 payments remaining. The full buyout amount is $36,565.82

Vroom will give me $35K
Carvana about the same @ $34,895