Sold one to VROOM!

wow… fed ex says check is coming today!!! impossible!!!
they just took my car yesterday!!!

update: it happened… it really did. check came less than 24 hrs after pickup. wow, I am impressed!

Same here…begging to get annoying!

That’s awesome to hear. I just sent them the POA and I’m waiting to get a schedule for pickup!

Hi all quick question , HFS says my pay off is $21000 on my lease , just got my email docu from vroom and they said my payoff is $19000 . Who is correct here ?

Your payoff likely includes tax. Vroom’s does not because they are a dealer.

1 Like

Check it here for dealer payoff number

1 Like

I sold my HFS lease to Vroom in August and got HFS to refund the $350 disposition fee. Watch out for that. Maybe you can catch it on the front end.

Wow thanks! Should I call before my account closes with them or right after ?

I don’t know if it would help. To be honest I felt like it was quite a battle. I ended up contacting the BBB and HFS eventually contacted me and told me they would refund the money. Two months and three phone calls with one hour hold times after that, I got the check.

See this thread:

Question. Vroom offered me 3k more than my payoff for my 2018 Cherokee through Ally. I sent in all the papers. How did you guys schedule. The car is out of state so I have to fly to hand it into them and wanted to know what the scheduling process for pickup was like.

Did You get from Vroom via FedEx power of attorney letter?

I submitted everything online. waiting on the papers now. Ideally I don’t want to let the car go until the end of the month when i’m scheduled to be where my car is. Im curious what the process is like with scheduling. Carvana let me do it in the past through an online calendar for like up to a month. Im curious if Vroom is the same.

You will need to sign power of attorney. Vroom sends this via FedEx. Check Your emails from Vroom for FedEx tracking number.
Ones You will send it back, Vroom will schedule the pick up.

Do you know how flexible in regards to timing they are? Carvana was by far a better experience regarding the purchasing procedure but they’re like 3k lower

IMO Payoff number pays a huge role here. Not sure how Ally structure it but if signing documents or pick up will be delayed it may end up with closing Your account (buying process) which happened recently to me.

1 Like

Look here for entire procedure example.

1 Like

Hoping someone can help with timing on my Audi A3 lease (thru Audi Financial). Lease matures March 7th, which means my last payment is Feb 6th and i make my 2nd to last pmt tomorrow (1/6). i just got an offer that i believe is ~$800 above my payoff (will have to wait for Vroom to call AFS to confirm-annoyance with AFS). 2 questions (i didnt see answers in my search here or Vroom’s site)

1. will vroom buy the car this close to maturity?
  2. If i accept this offer then make a payment tomorrow, will Vroom refund me the payment since it comes after i accepted the offer?

AFS Payoff number for third party dealer is usually much higher than You see on Your account. I would check it first. Serach this thread for similar cases.

Yeah I’m very familiar with the AFS payoff amount being different from my payoff. I’ve been tracking my AFS payoff over the last few months and can generally track the downward movement, but will of course wait to see what Vroom gets from AFS as actual payoff. Any thoughts on my questions?

1. Ask Vroom. I did not have situation like that.
  2. Not sure why You want to make last payment a month earlier? The whole process with Vroom will take around 2 weeks.