Sold one to VROOM!

My son has gotten a good offer from vroom. My question is for those who have sold to them. My son is selling a car he owns. Vroom wants him to send the title signed to them and once they pick up the car they will pay him. Is that how your deals worked. Seems weird they’ll have the title and car before receive the money Thx for your help

1 Like

This is how it works. It is an act of faith, but this is how vroom works (I just sold my van to them).

So how do you sell a lease when titke owned by the bank?

I assume, they send u power of attorney just as if u were trading in a lease early at a different brand dealer to get into a new lease.

1 Like

What car did yoj have Thanks in Advance

Tried to see what they give me for the 2018 V90CC loaner with about 7k miles that sits on the dealer’s lot :slight_smile:
If I buy it at 20% off + $6,750 allowance + $1K loyalty it is almost the same as $41,000 that vroom gives me. But if I get 25% off, then I can make $3k. Anyone want’s to flip it? :sunglasses:

I also apprised a 2017 V90CC loaner with ~6k miles on KBB. Mid-range trade-in is about $500 lower than the listed selling price on dealer’s website. The total discount would be 38% with 25% off before allowances.

1 Like

Hah… I just checked what my 2014 Grand Cherokee would be worth to them, and they’re offering me $7k more than what I owe on it. I may actually take them up on that, and jump into my next car sooner than later now!

1 Like

Probably because it’s financed, so you have plenty of equity. I’d compare with others, and KBB.

Yea, I just didn’t expect that much… definitely making me consider it! KBB came a little under what Vroom offered. I may swing by CarMax just for S&Gs as well.

I think you have found the makings of a new cottage industry. Scour the country for amazing deals on loaners for which Vroom will pay higher than the purchase price. Now if you could find a way to just be a broker between Vroom and the dealer and skim a % of the profit off the top, you could rinse and repeat over and over without the overhead of having to take ownership yourself.

1 Like

They know where the car is, I entered the VIN :smile:
But I have no idea how much Volvo dealers discount their demo/loaners.

The tricky part is the incentives are usually for retail buyers and not other dealers/wholesalers.

1 Like

not lease related but my mom gave me the task of selling her old 2007 avalon. Dealer only offered 3k and carvana offered 3971. Vroom offered $4800 :slight_smile:

1 Like

This may have been answered before, but…how does VROOM make any money? or is this another Moviepass style business model?

I would like to think as a startup they would need to collect a huge inventory before they could start scaling back on offers so they can beat Carvana and Carmax, so losing out at first to create presence would be their strategy

Why would they want a 2007 Avalon for their inventory? Or offer that much for a car headed to wholesale auction?

Sounds like another Beepi (spoiler alert: they went bust).

1 Like

I tried my jeep three times over last month. Everytime offer was different. Lowest was 26,800 and highest was 29,980. Should have taken the highest offer. Close to my payout i believe and hunt for something else.

They just offered me 6k more than they did last month lol

1 Like

If you get multiple offers can you only take the most recent?