Sold one to CARVANA!

Payoff valid for 10 days, you can get this by calling your financial service. Doesn’t Acura/Honda still charge a dispo fee for buyouts, don’t remember. Shop vroom too, my clients have been saying Vroom has been beating Carvana on Toyota, Lexus, Acura, and Honda, but quite literally YMMV.

:chocolate_bar:

Same thing happened to me - but on pickup day they came with check for the old amount even though I called in to fix it prior. They came back the next day with the correct/higher amount.

They do, pull the payoff from https://payoffahfc.dealertrack.com/ it includes the dispo fee in this

1 Like

Sold my RAM off lease to Carvana…

I leased a 2019 RAM truck. (old purchase info here: Signed! - 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn $231/mo. 24m/10k. 985 Total OOP)

Lease end coming up this June so I started to get quotes to sell to Carvana, Vroom, Dealership.

Carvana was highest offer by far at $36,700. (Vroom was $33k, Dealer was $31k)
The FCA buyout including 2 remaining payments was ~ $30,100. So i had $6600 in equity.
( also note the truck had less than 12k miles - didn’t drive as much with pandemic and WFH)

Process with Carvana took 2 weeks total with a few calls. They came one time, inspected, test drove, and cut me a check. They placed a key locker on window and tow truck driver came to get it 2hrs after inspector.

Very happy with Carvana deal…and very pleased that my equity paid for my entire lease!!!

The RAM dealer said there’s no way he could come close to $36k buyout and he would take that deal too!!! :smile:

3 Likes

They sent me an e-mail asking me for the last 4 of my social so they can get the 10 day payoff and I’ve called the number they gave me but I’ve been on hold for more than 1 hour and no response. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

1 Like

Do it! Can’t turn down a good deal! Just sold my $275/month 2019 Honda Civix EX Hatchback to Carvana after only being 16 months into the lease on a 36 month term and pocketed $1,800. My effective payment was approx $163/month.

5 Likes

Carvana customer service wait is terrible (and their hold music drives me insane)…the first few calls I had were bad, I don’t know an easy way around

However, things went smoothly once I sent over all info and was assigned a rep. She then began to text and call me directly, We conference called FCA for the payoff. This person was also the inspector who came out.

:joy: yeah, I agree about the customer service wait times. That’s my only complaint. They told me that they are really busy this time of the year.

Not sure if it’s a glitch or just how their system works…

I accepted an offer last week with confirmation of all supporting documentation and scheduled an appointment for pickup next weekend. Because I don’t really care if I sell or not, I’ve been playing with the appraisal by cancelling my appointment and editing the details to generate a new offer almost everyday.

On multiple occasions, it did generate lower offers, some $1k lower, but the confirmation of the lower offers always resulted in an error screen and the offer reverted back to the initial higher offer. The lower offers never saved for some reason. It bounces back to the higher original offer and I reschedule my pickup appointment just fine.

Last night I did the same thing but this time the offer was $1k higher with a higher inputted odometer reading than the initial offer. It saved the higher offer. I then scheduled a pickup appointment for the same previous time slot without missing a beat.

Can anyone else try this to confirm their outcome is the same?

Obviously don’t risk jeopardizing a solid offer but if someone has nothing to lose, it’d be interesting to see if it’s just a glitch on my offer or a systemwide thing. Preferably, someone that’s been through the document verification process and the car has been confirmed for pickup.

Try to send them a text msg instead of calling. Go to their webpage and look under contact us >speak with representative. My “advocate” was easy to work with by text.

Sold a 2017 Dodge Durango sxt base. Sold it for 25,900 used car prices are insane:)

Absolutely hate Volvo Financial Services now.
Carvana and Vroom offered $2500-$3000 over my payoff for my 2020 XC90. But Volvo is refusing to work with third party buyers.

Will probably be my last lease with Volvo.

Some people have reported success is selling to carmax recently.

Total insanity…

Is anyone else having issues trying to change from getting a printed check form of payment to debit card payment for faster payment once they take your car?

They bring the printed check with them when they come to pick up the car. How much faster do you want?

1 Like

If you look at the options listed, Carvana itself indicates Debit Card is the fastest way to receive your funds as you get it immediately when they take possession of the car. I would prefer having the fastest way as opposed to waiting a few days for the check to clear.

It may be that your too late in the process to switch methods. Pure speculation on my part however I wouldn’t lose sleep over it…deposit the check in the app.

Hello guys, I’m looking for a little help about selling my leased jeep cherokee to carvana. I still have 5 remaining payments but I have realize that this vehicle doesn’t come to my needs anymore so I am trying to get rid of it a little sooner and go into another lease. Carvana offered me 3000 thousand more than my buy out ( The 5 remaining payments plus the residual value of the vehicle) so I started thinking about it seriously.
Does any of you have experience about the process with carvana and chrysler capital?

Do they give you a check for the hole amount of buy out and then you pay the bank by your shelf or they just send a check to the bank for the buy out and then just give you a check for the equity?

Does this transaction will effect my credit?

They give you a check for just the equity.

1 Like