Sold one to CARVANA!

I’ve been checking the price of KIA Optima for the last 9 months and it was negative until few weeks ago when it became positive. Payoff is around $16K and I had an offer of $16K from Carmax and $400 more from Carvana. Checked prices again a week ago and it went up to $17,400 from both. Went in to Carmax and waited an hour for an appraisal but the girl at the business office told me to come back another day since they could not get hold of lease payoff from KIA. Today I get an offer of $18,600 from Carvana, uploaded all required docs, and set up an appointment for Monday for pick up. Thanks Carmax!

It can’t just keep going up and up, right?

I can’t hear the audio apart from “mutherfcuker!!” What was the mistake?

They didn’t bring the right towtruck to take that SUV away. It takes extra steps to tow a car with AWD with that type of truck, you need a flatbed, or many of the other options like dollies.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Sold my Honda to Carmax they paid better than carvana… have you input it online at Carmax?

I did. Carnax was $1500 less and vroom was 4000 less.

Finished the paperwork to sell my wife’s 2020 RDX A-Spec with 14K miles to Carvana today.

Received the appraisal a few days ago and waited to hear back from Carmax, Vroom, and Algo. No one came close to Carvana’s offer. I submitted all docs yesterday afternoon and this morning they reached out to obtain dealer payoff through Honda financial. Then they confirmed the amount of positive equity I’d be getting back. Now just waiting for them to pick up the car. Really pleased with the overall process.

Carvana just picked up my Challenger. For the third time, it went smooth. Carvana rep showed up at scheduled time to do paperwork, carrier truck showed up a few hours later.

That’s sorta how my pick up went yesterday. Rep showed up 5 minutes early to do the paperwork. Tow truck showed up at 11:30 pm to pick it up. :rofl:

1 Like

Again same, Carvana rep showed up in a purchased used X3 with dealer plates, did paperwork and 2 hours later a flat bed showed up and towed my Altima.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

I think the nearest Carvana to you might be in San Jose. But, in the Bay Area, Carvanna would come to you. It doesn’t hurt to fill out the requirements online and give it a try.

Also, (if that does not work out), there is a Shift office in South San Francisco.

I have a question if someone can help on here of you know. I had my offer that was accepted and pickup date is tomorrow April 2nd where I am supposed to give Carvana $1300. I logged in to my account today to confirm and decided to resubmit since it said offer expired and now it’s saying my appointment for April 2nd is still confirmed but Carvana will be giving me a $342 check upon vehicle pickup. So will be getting that check now since I resubmit it or will they be wanting the check from me?

I think it might be to late for them to make you a check so they might mail it out to you.

Something similar happened to me but a little different. I had submitted all the documents for the original offer Carvana had given me. The day before the pickup I submitted another offer and it came back higher so I signed in to the Carvana account and it reflected the new total. The rep the next day called me and said that they had already printed the check for the previous amount and that the difference they will mail it out in another check. I received the check like 3 days later. Maybe this will be your situation or maybe not can’t say for sure.

If you did this and Carvana offered a lower amount, would their system then automatically update the new, lower total as well?

Yes it would. I had this happen but Carvana honored the old quote which was higher still.

It’s fine if it’s to late. It’s just the matter of me owing them $1300 or me getting a $342 check. When I sold my jeep to them last year they were supposed to give me a $1400 check and instead have me the whole amount of $33,000 which was basically me having to pay it off. I had to tell the guy no Carvana is paying it off I’m only supposed to get $1400 and then I had to call an extra 3 times to get my check. Regardless of the past experience I have the new offer saved on my profile so I can speak with the rep tomorrow when they come to get it.

Yes that would happen but just to not risk getting a lower offer signed out of your Carvana account then submit for a new quote and then if it is higher log in to save the new offer if not then you did not loose anything. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this tip. I signed out to submit a new quote and it increased by $200. I signed in after to save and now it’s reflecting the new quote. My net cash offer increased as well :smile:

Awesome. I can take payment of commission for the tip. Do you have cashapp? Lol :joy: just kidding, glad I was able to help.

Carvana is giving me an offer $3K higher than last November. Crazy! Thinking of selling my Miata to them and paying off my lease four months early; it will be effectively a $127/month lease.

7 Likes

Hi all,
I am thinking of selling my 2020 Acura MDX tech lease to them. they are offering me a good deal, but will I have to pay any transfer fees or anything? I am in California. they are also asking me for the 10 day payoff what is that?

Thanks