Sold one to CARVANA!

Just sold off a 2021 Sahara 4xe, 14k miles, SOT, cold weather for $41,714 to carvana. came out a few hundred dollars ahead. Extended the offer once for 7 additional days as well. During that timeframe I got the automated email that the offer dropped $1300 bucks, but since I already accepted it my offer stayed higher. Got another email on my 22 Rubicon and that value dropped $2200 last week. Definitely got out at the right time

1 Like

what did you use for your lease maturity date? i gave them my billing statement and lease contract but they are saying the maturity date is not on either.

1 Like

log on to CCAP online, you’ll see the maturity date on there, just post screenshot.

1 Like

You are a gentleman and a scholar

5 Likes

For anyone curious on market conditions, I sold my 21’ High Altitude to Carvana, no local dealer would even come close to their offer. These things seem to becoming hard to get rid of.

2021 High Altitude, SOT, Cold Weather, Black
28k miles

Carvana offered $41,400, I owed them about $300 in negative equity. Considering I was way over my lease miles I felt it was a good time to sell. Good luck to everyone else.

8 Likes

Did Carvana ask you for the maturity date? And how did you get them if they asked? I uploaded everything but they keep asking for my maturity date.

I took a screenshot of my CCAP home page where the maturity date is shown and they accepted that.

I recently sold my car to Carvana for $12688. It was a 2015 Subaru Impreza Sport (Manual) with 58,200 miles. I didn’t accept the 1st offer and lost about $280 after 2 weeks. Once I accepted the offer, the process was very quick and efficient. Offer was accepted on 9/10 and I selected for a pickup on 9/12, direct deposit, and decided to pay for the tow away fee of $98.00.

They showed up about 30 minute early at 11:00am. I provided her with 2 set of keys, and the title. The agent sat in the car to check out the readings and I think she used an ODBreader. She didn’t take a test drive and just asked me to sign a couple pages of paper to complete the transaction. She said the digital deposit should take no longer than 48 hours. She didn’t take the car and said a tow truck will be coming later to pick it up. The only thing left to do was to cancel my registration with the RMV (MA), the online cancellation was very straight forward and not time consuming.

The fund was deposited that same day at around 11:30pm, the tow truck pulled up around 8:00am the next morning. The only questionable action of the entire experience was that the tow truck used a tow bar for the AWD car, it already has another car on the flat bed. Since the car is no longer mine, I didn’t question the action of the tow truck driver.

I did receive other offers, CarMax for 11,600 and Vroom for $9293.

Similar spec of the car was selling for $16K to $18K on carvana and other online car sites (carguru, autotrader, etc).

3 Likes

Carvana bought my Model Y. As usual the process was seamless. Only difference from past transactions-- They did not offer free pickup, instead wanted $90 for pickup, or they gave me the option to drop off the vehicle at the closest Adesa facility, for no charge, which is what I did. Buyer walked around the car once, drive it in a circle around the parking lot and that was that. No floormats or mobile connector were included…

5 Likes

Has anyone attempted to sell to Carvana by dropping off at different zip code than appraisal?

3 Likes

Just locked in an offer from Carvana on my 2023 BMW I4. New wrinkle this time, since I am waiting for an in-transit vehicle, I accepted the offer on the last possible day of the expiration window, and then selected the latest drop-off date, which was 12 days out. I also confirmed I can use up to 1000 miles during this 12 day window.

4 Likes

You already got equity or was this a flip game all along?

If Carvana is handing out offers $3K over MMR, I can always find another I4…

5 Likes

Only Carvana picks up a black car at night. Stupid easy, as usual. No floor mats, charger or tire inflation kit was included nor was any of it asked for. I debated removing the spoiler to put on the M50 but decided against it.

7 Likes

Damn you don’t even let 'em have the mats? :rofl:

5 Likes

Did they charge you for pickup?

I do pretty well selling floor mats, but in this case, I got another I4 they will fit.

Yes, $90 - I removed insurance 4 days earlier, so $90 sounded better then driving without insurance.

2 Likes

I didn’t know it wasn’t free no more
Hmm guess we will find out

it hasn’t been free for over a year

I paid the $90 for my M550 pickup also, because the front brakes were only marginally within spec, and I already had an estimate for what they’d cost to replace if the yellow light came on.