Sold one to CARVANA!

Second this, sold my 4xe on Aug 12 and the acc still isn’t closed

How long can I keep my offer locked in or reschedule pickup without having to reappraise?

Accepted offer today and uploaded docs but offer expires tomorrow.

Ideally want to delay pickup as long as possible without losing the offer.

Id offer expires tomorrow, you must make an appointment today, id ask carvana cs to request an acquisition extension maybe they can give you a few more days? Beyond that just chose the farthest out appointment date and that’s as far out you can take it. Once offers expires, can’t reschedule but have to cancel and redo whole process

1 Like

Thanks. Any idea how many times I can reschedule without losing my offer? Took the latest appointment date

1 Like

I submitted for an appraisal on Carvana. When I received an offer the e-mail said it was good until 19 Sep, but when I log in the web site says the offer is good until 30 Sep.
Anyone have this happen to them?
I have submitted documents while I try & decide if I really want to sell this car.

Just thought I’d add my timeline potentially selling to Carvana"
2022 MME GTPE
13 Sep 2022 - Received Offer from Carvana
18 Sep 2022 - Completed uploading documents
19 Sep 2022 - Notified “Sale Approved” have to schedule sale appointment

To finish. For my 2022 MME GTPE Offers were:
Carvana: $71,000
Carmax: $68,000
Driveway: $64,000
(I obviously went with Carvana)

13 Sep 2022 - Received Offer from Carvana
18 Sep 2022 - Completed uploading documents
19 Sep 2022 - Notified “Sale Approved” have to schedule sale appointment
20 Sep 2022 - Scheduled appointment for 22 Sep
22 Sep 2022 - Dropped off car & got the check

This was a seamless, painless transaction. (excluding having to sell the MME in the first place) Selling price would be my first consideration, but all else being equal I would definitely use Carvana again.

4 Likes

I’m more curious to see that they are still buying rather than price paid given user car market softening

Yeah I also sold my Mach E Select to them. Dropped 10/4 to Norfolk MA location after locking in offer on 9/16 and booking latest offered appointment. Even had a hiring sign outside location.

Super easy start to finish and netted just under 12k when you include rebates, tax credit and equity check.

2 Likes

I just sold my 2023 $61.7K Rubicon to Carvana for $62K. They picked it up this AM.

3 Likes

I’m shocked they are still buying cars

2 Likes

Sold our 2021 Pallisade last month for 35k with 22k miles. Had it for two years. Paid 41500.

31% gain on their stock today :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

How miles are “okay” to put on the car after receiving one of their offers?

1 Like

Should be 1000 but sometimes when you lock it in /accept they’ll reset the miles and you can do another 1000.

I’ve read if you go over it’s a $1 a mile but they’re pretty lenient at pickup so not sure if they enforce.

2 Likes

The DMV actions show on all 3 platforms.

Anybody had this happen with Carvana?

I’ve sold a few cars to them and never came upon this

I think with recent issues with them having their licenses revoked in IL and MI due to selling cars with no Title . They are more cautious now on there part before they buy. I wont blame them for doing it.

Few week back they refuse to give me a quote asking for an official registration and not accepting my registration paper which was given to me by DMV as official paper to keep in the jeep.
Other local dealership didnt even ask for that paper. And jeep got sold to them.

So Carvana is treading the water carefully with issues they faced in few states regarding their business practices…
In past they give you a quote and then ask for documents. Now they ask for documents first and then they give you a quote.

Happens to me everytime i need a manual appraisal from them. They usually say send a pic of the paper registration if it’s not in those 3 sites & that suffices

Yes I’ve done that which is why this is weird to me