Sold one to CARVANA!

Yes many times. Just try to text after 24 hours and hope another agent gets it. Usually sending permanent registration they are able to bypass Autocheck.

1 Like

true but for everyone else- keep in mind that regardless of bypassing the AutoCheck for appraisal, the acquisition team requires AutoCheck history to finalize the sale.

Is anyone having issues with Carvana? Delayed when selling to them?

Yes! They’ve had everything they needed for the past 4 days or so and nothing is happening. Today they told me I should hear something in the next 24 hours.

1 Like

They just laid off 1,500 members of staff! I cannot imagine their service is going to get better…

2 Likes

Took them 10 days mainly because they dragged it to the date my payment was due requesting proof of payment and then requesting new payoff. Now that I was able to schedule I set up pickup for tomorrow and just a call that they’re extremely understaffed and earliest they can get it is 28th.

At least my offer is locked in after scheduling.
Getting a bit worried at this point.

1 Like

Today was the last day to sell to them before my offer expired but they called and said due to staff shortages they have to reschedule. Told them I’m gonna be out of town for the next two weekends so they rescheduled for two weeks from today. Same offer will apply. Bought myself some needed time.

1 Like

Just sold my 3 month old base GC 4xe with 3k miles to them for 52,500. Would have been 49k today but as with all of their manual appraisals you can lock in about 5-6 weeks from quote until drop off. A nice insurance policy in a declining market for offers. And easy in and out paid for my Uber home

The guy at the location (Norfolk MA) said it’s continued to be busy there. Part of that is that another drop off/recon location in the state closed but people are still selling and they’re still buying.

5 Likes

Carvana : 30,203
CarMax : 36,000
Driveway : 37,046

Just sharing the offers, I am getting. for 2020 Chrysler Pacifica .

1 Like

Hey everyone,

How long does Carvana take to “verify ownership” and finalize the offer/pickup? They made the highest offer (by far) for my 2019 C300 4MATIC, and I’m hoping to finalize the sale as soon as possible. For reference, here are the other offers I received (MBFS Payoff Amount is $26.5K). The offer spread is much greater than I expected.

Carvana: $29.5K

ALGO: $28K
WhipFlip: $27K
WeBuyAnyCarUSA: $27K
CarBuyerUSA: $27K

AutoNation: $26.5K
CarMax: $25.5K
GMTV: $25.5K
Driveway: $22K

Is it typically better to fix up a car yourself prior to selling to these companies, whether cosmetic or actual issues, or just taking the lower price? In a common sense world, they would be able to fix things in house at a cheaper cost than me paying a separate shop, but my guess is it doesn’t work that way.

They’re normally pretty quick, just make sure you upload all the requested documents. Dropping off at their location is also quicker and they’ll pay for your Uber back home.

What kind of issues are you referring to?

Scratches and dents. Potential suspension issue not yet taken in to check. No collisions.

Best to be honest on the condition of the vehicle. The offer likely won’t change much and they won’t penalize you upon inspection.

No intention on deceit, just curious if the reduction in value is usually worse than fixing it yourself at a different mechanic. I will get it priced out by a mechanic to ensure reasonable offer from the purchaser, but wondering if its worth just fixing it.

Thanks for the tip! So if I take the vehicle to my local Carvana in the morning, they should be able to verify whatever they need and close the deal per the initial offer amount?

No, you’re probably jumping the gun there. Once you upload all your docs (proof of registration/ownership, Payoff etc) they’ll let you schedule pickup/dropoff.

Makes sense. So far Carvana has only asked me to upload my odometer photo and driver’s license. Hopefully they don’t drag their feet too long.

Once you lock in an offer, it’s valid for a few weeks (I don’t recall the exact timeframe). I’ve sold a number of leased/financed cars to them with no issues whatsoever.

1 Like