Sold one to CARVANA!

CA. Camry 3 year lease maturity date was 10/1/2021. I’m on the first six-month extension. Carvana has made a good offer. Will they still buy since I’m past lease maturity?

If us auto is the bank they charge market value

Their gross profit is >4000$ unit
A decent Manheim say 2020 RDX if nearby will have a cost ~1000$ less than Carvanas retail on the equivalent
Guessing sourced from consumer is a lessor cost

They just acquired an auction house

I heard you can hit accept, get to the point where they validate and accept your paperwork, then you can fiddle with the drop off / pickup date.

With FCA’s delivery window being very unpredictable its really just luck of the draw.

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck at selling a CCAP leased vehicle to Carvana? I am in the process and Carvana keeps asking for a dealer lease payoff.

CCAP only provides the individual payoff to me and says they can only provide the dealer payoff to a dealer. Carvana says I must provide it and they cannot obtain it…

Back in late 2020 I did
Carvana made me call ccap and the wait time was over 2 hours for Carvana to answer
They took about 2 hours to fax their paper to them

Yup also Carvana requires a copy of the title and that has to be requested from CCAP so if your car has been registered for under a month I doubt ccap even has the title on file yet

1 Like

Sold my wife’s grand Cherokee to carvana a few months ago. They were able to obtain the payoff without any assistance by me. A few days did go by and I had to follow up before receiving confirmation that it was good to go. After that, I scheduled pickup for like a day or two later. It was a very easy process.

1 Like

This is crazy but true. Last year I leased five Kona EV’s and sold four of them to Carvana as flips. I just got off the phone with them as they are still trying to get the title from HMF. They were told by HMF that the title was mailed to me. I’ve never seen the title as it was a leased car. I’m not even sure which car it was as I had so many but it has been at least 11 months since I sold them the car. I kind of feel bad for them, but not really. HMF must really suck to deal with.

4 Likes

Ive used them 4 times now, twice to sell and twice to buy, other than dealing with some warranty issues was a smooth and easy process…

Can you stack the $7500? So for your 5, is it $7500 for all of them, or $37500?

Don’t think of $7,500 as Fed EV rebate. It’s Stellantis’s cash rebate that equals $7,500. So yeah, you can have all of them.

I get that with Stellantis, I meant specifically for his dealings with HMF, and for other mfg like Ford (like if i purchase 2 mach e’s, can I apply the 7500 twice or only once)

If you buy it, it’s a tax rebate but if you lease it and captive passes it on, its treated like a incentive

1 Like

so for my example, if i purchase 2 MME’s tomorrow I can claim $15000 in tax rebates on my ‘22 return?

Assuming you have 15k of federal tax liability which i think is around $110k taxable income (after deductions) if married filing jointly and $87k if single

2 Likes

I believe in his situation, Hyundai was passing it on as a lease incentive last year (plus some trunk cash if I remember correctly) so he’ll likely not have to worry about tax write offs.

1 Like

Yeah, HMF get the tax credit and the title. I get the equity and Carvana gets screwed.

1 Like

Everyone asking how to get a cheap car right now, I guess just pray that Carvana forgets who you are.

SO
I bought a car outright from carvana. They checked my bank account, made sure the money was in there, gave me the car, title, registration- like the car is MINE. They said the funds (around 20k) would be withdrawn in 3 days time. That was about a year ago… Did I get a free car? Of course I know I should be like “HeEeEyYyYy YoU nEvEr ToOk My MoNeY” but like … is there a time limit they have to take the money before they can’t anymore? I feel shady about it- but at the same time…
Also I don’t really wanna reveal the state just in case but lets say northeast of the united states.
EDIT: OH! I also forgot to mention- about a month after they sent ME a check for like $2 - I never cashed it but thought it was also bizarre.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/ul0mne/carvana_gave_me_a_free_car/