Sold one to CARVANA!

Does Carvana accepting buying Wrangler 4xe lease?

Yes. They didn’t a few weeks ago. I messaged them and they had some BS excuse. However, they are now providing an appraisal.

They just bought my wife’s 2021 Grand Cherokee Overland. Much easier process than a vroom experience I had two years ago

they dropped my offer from 55k to 50k so I am not sure what’s going on here.

Mine went down 2k in a few days as well. It switches all the time depending on the market.

I wonder how the average acquisition costs compare between a car purchased from a consumer and a car purchased from an auction.

I’m not talking about the purchase price difference of the car itself, I mean all of the overhead involved in

quoting
dicking around with stupid questions
the 9 out 10 conversations that progress well into the process but die without a purchase
sending out the truck
having the consumer miss the appointment
sending the truck again
facilitating payment / researching the ones that don’t go right the first time
stopping payment on lost checks
answering phone calls about title and payoff status
[and 1,000 other things I didn’t think of]

Plus all of the management overhead.

vs.

Going to Manheim .com and setting up proxy bids for vehicles of interest that already have inspection reports, paying the auction fees, and then paying for transport or sending drivers to pick up the cars.

Carvana is not providing appraisal lately. All I got was a message someone from their appraisal team will get back and never does. Not sure what the deal is.

I’ve got appraisals from them every day for the past 2 weeks.

Maybe I got blacklisted or my VIN not recognized. I was able to get an estimate based on yr, make, model. Smh

What vehicle?

2021 4xe with less than 1000 miles.

Carvana won’t even give me an offer on my 2022 Cadillac XT6 that I bought last summer without me going and paying to have the window sticker provided to me by some website. CarMax and others all provided quotes no problem. Carvana wants me to do the work for them…they can shove it up where the sun don’t shine.

Sold another vehicle to Carvana over the weekend. Was a honda, so I had to buy out the lease first. Besides that, they continue to be the easiest place to sell a car. For the Honda, they had the highest offer out of the dozen or so places I listed, although the price did come down a good bit since December.

A couple interesting things worth noting:

The first buy out offer had a 30 day expiration window on it. Subsequent prices were only good for a week.

If you save an offer, you can get a new offer without being logged in. If it’s higher, save it and it’ll replace the old one. If it’s not, it won’t replace it.

Once you accept the offer, you can push the pick up window out a bit and the price won’t expire. The expiration date is based on when you accept the offer. It appears that if you accept the offer and the price goes up, you can still save the new number and bump the price. One could in theory get a great initial offer, check periodically for a long period, and then accept right before expiration and push pick up back for a while to keep an offer good for 6+ weeks.

10 Likes

So I am about to buy out the remainder of my '19 VW Gti lease and then flip the car on a site like Carvana or Carmax.

Here’s the thing: when I try to get an appraisal of my car, Carvana will say they’ll offer 31k one day, the next day it’ll be 28k, the day after that it’ll be 23k, then it will be 28k.

Anyone have an idea of how or why the price they’re offering to pay changes so drastically from day to day?

No one will tell there algorithm ….

You should check with a bunch of VW and Audi dealers … the equity might be comparable to paying tax and then flipping to Carvana.

Got lucky and sold today from a 1-month offer issued by Carvana last month. Resale prices are literally dropping like a rock last 4 weeks and Carvana’s offer was way above all of the others. 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, $52k. Leased Nov 2020

1 Like

Well done. How much lower was your most recent offer from Carvana?

I didn’t get a new quote, it was a 30 day offer from January

How far out can you reasonably extend a Carvana offer?

I accepted mine and the 30 day window ends 3/15. Thought my 4xe would be at the dealer on 3/6 but now that could be end of March. I’ve read 3 week after you get all the docs in but wondering if I need to lock in another one to make a new window.

Or if I can use a different email and lock in another window?

Oh sorry, this is on my current car, a Honda.

1 Like