Sold one to CARVANA!

Hi my friend, good for you! I did not even know Enterprise is buying cars in the same way. Really happy for you and it’s amazing they can conclude the sale this quickly. I will check them out next time.

My deal with Carvana did go thru, but I went thru some stress alright…

Glad we both got the deal done in the end. Appreciate your sharing and support along the process.

Sold 2020 tundra to Carvana for $50,8xx, $2k above MSRP. Received a check for $7,300, that was with me buying it out first from US Bank.

• paid 13 months on lease plus 1 month on loan for total of $4100.
  • essentially got paid $225/month to drive the tundra for 14 months without taking into consideration insurance and gas
  • taking into consideration gas (roughly on the gas cow) plus insurance I still was paid $76/month.

Very happy with Carvana. yes it was at times difficult to get ahold of someone, but when I did talk to them they knew the answers and they seemed like they actually wanted to resolve any issues right away rather than have me wait on hold again.

1 Like

Hi my friend, glad to hear that. What did you finally do to convince them about the extension, prepaid two months’ lease in advance? They have received MBFS’ dealer payoff quote and set an appointment with you? I couldn’t wait anymore since my lease will expire next Wednesday. I will have to pay for a new month’s lease extension, new year’s registration if I cannot get rid of the car.

Did anyone try to get a quote for their 4xe from Carvana? They don’t even have the 4xe trim in the drop down list.

1 Like

Following this

What’s Carvana policy on how long you can postpone / schedule out pickup once you’ve accepted an offer?

I’d like to lock in an offer I have active, but I know I need to use the car for the next couple of weeks. I priced in estimated new mileage accordingly. Any experience with this?

Hi my friend, the extension was a must, so I extended and prepaid the 2 month indeed. However that reduced the dealer payoff quote also, hence not a total loss. My lease expires today and I had them pick up the car yesterday so I know how you felt. If I knew all the drills I would have started the process a lot earlier!

Thanks for the update. It seems your equity check will include what you have prepaid for lease extension, hence you don’t lose anything :slight_smile: Huge congrats! Your story sheds light to other ppl who wants to sell leased car to Carvana at lease end.

1 Like

I am having the worst time with Carvana and MBFS. I’ve had an offer from them for over a week. I’ve uploaded all documents as of last Friday and the payoff still isn’t here. They told me to give MBFS verbal authorization to send them the payoff, which I did last Friday, and still nothing. The other day they had me upload a written authorization, which I did as well. Just talked to MBFS and they still haven’t received a payoff request, even though Carvana assured me they sent in a request. MBFS did send me the quote but Carvana is refusing to accept it. This is all before I even get to set up an appointment and actually sell the damn thing.

The good news is they’re still higher than everyone else - $3500 more than Vroom and Shift, $3000 more than Carmax, and $900 more than Autonation - but this process is painful.

That’s strange. In my case, I signed a payoff request authorization form, then MBFS called me to confirm it. I authorize MBFS to give Carvana’s payoff quote. Even though I finally my car to Enterprise Car Sales with the same offer, Carvana did receive the payoff quote after 4 business days since I signed the form. I do agree that the process is not quite clear or even stressful for leasing buyout, so if local dealers can match Carvana’s price, I will go with local dealers.

Thank you for your post and advice! I sold my car to Enterprise and was in and out in less than an hour. The sales center was eager to accept the car but the paperwork took a bit. The team had a learning curve on how to process lease sales.

All in all it was a positive experience and about $500 less than Carvana.

Big thanks to Foolishman and the forum for such knowledgeable and friendly information sharing!

Congrats! I think I should change my nick name in the forum :slight_smile: Btw, Enterprise didn’t give you a check on site, right? Did they say they would send you a check within one week? For my case, I sold my car last Friday, but I haven’t received their payment yet. MBFS hasn’t received the payoff either.

Yes correct. Enterprise will issue check upon receipt of title which would take as many as 3days upon receipt. The payoff is good for 10 days and so I imagine they would try to do that before then.

I also had to sign a separate form to authorize payment for payout besides the dmv transfer, contract of sales and disclosure form. Maybe you should check with the sales manager on the progress and to see if they have all the correct forms?

Thanks for the update, my friend. The 10-day payoff quote will expire next Monday. I called the sales manager today, and it seems they haven’t sent out the payment yet. Surprisingly, he said I shouldn’t worry since I already signed the liability releasing form to DMV. I believe his claim is wrong since if Enterprise miss the payment, a new 10-day payoff price will be provided and I may be still responsible for the lease payment after selling. This passed Wednesday is the last day of my lease, hence from MBFS website, my lease extension clock already starts and the 10-day payoff quote has increased.

New business model? 10 days ago I bought a Dodge Challenger from a local dealer, 3 days ago sold the car to Carvana. Made a little over $1,800 in profit.

Today negotiating on a 2018 BMW X3 from another dealer, see if I can clear another $2k reselling it to Carvana.

1 Like

This is a very long thread so I didn’t read everything, but I wanted to share my experience. I sold my Tahoe lease to a KBB dealer last week and cleared 12k. I received quotes from Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, Enterprise, and a few other KBB dealers. At the end of the day I sold it to the dealer for a couple grand less than Enterprise. I did this Bc the dealer 10 day payoff was around $3-4K less than my 10 day payoff and they cut you a check on the spot. Every other place I spoke to asked me for my payoff and never mentioned that their payoff was going to be less. Enterprise offered the most but I would’ve walked away with less since they were using my payoff….and they said it takes up to 2 weeks for me to receive payment from corporate.

Wow, this is the 1st time I heard dealer payoff quote is less than personal payoff quote. I only know a few lenders raise the dealer payoff price.

Not uncommon when the dealer price is the same base price as personal, but without sales tax.

1 Like

Someone mentioned taking their car to carvana. Can you just take your car there after getting an offer online? I’d it a hub of vending machine? Any idea on the Los Angeles area?

Has anyone managed to speak with support? I call and press one for a call back and they don’t call back. I try to chat and all reps are busy. Anyone have some tips to wrap things up?