Sold one to CARVANA!

Some people have reported success with reaching out on twitter

1 Like

I’ve done this option and it’s usually taken a couple of hours. I know one time their website said 9 minutes to wait on phone and it was 3 hours later but they did call. I even called back and it still had me on the queue

Thanks…so frustrating. I never got a call back on 3 calls myself

I just sold my financed 2017 Chevy Volt to Carvana for $17,641. I paid $16,500 for it 2.5 years ago. I jumped on the Wrangler 4xe train. Ordered my Jeep back in April, took delivery last week.

6/9 Accepted offer and uploaded docs
6/15 Everything good, scheduled pickup
6/20 Carvana rep showed up in a Prius and gave me my equity check. She moved the car to the street and said a tow truck would come get the car in the next 48 hours.

I’m very satisfied with the process and the amount that they paid.

2 Likes

So Audi is going to be the limitation on my deal. Audi finally quoted the payoff to Carvana (after 2 weeks of waiting) and they quoted retail price on the car and about $10k above what my payoff is. At this point my wife and I decided to ride it out until the end of the lease, evaluate it’s value at trade in and if the money is right, we will buy it from Audi and sell it on. While I understand that Audi is free to sell the car to anybody that they choose to, to have the payoff be THAT much higher than they are entitled to if I choose to purchase the vehicle feels like a money grab on their part and certainly leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. At the end of the day, Audi is in the business of financing cars. Slow playing pay off information, charging retail price to 3rd parties, etc. is just in bad taste. When combined with my recent Audi experience (likely a result of autonation not Audi as a brand) I am much more likely to consider Mercedes, BMW, etc. for my next vehicle purchase.

1 Like

Sold my leased 2020 Outback on Saturday. Took about a week for them to confirm with Subaru Financial all details, their representative came on uber and picked up my car. They paid out my lease and gave me $4300 check. Now I ordered jeep 4xe and just can’t wait for it :slight_smile:

Stories like this mean we’re likely approaching the peak of this bubble (if we haven’t already), since market inefficiencies like that will usually resolve themselves. I’m hearing anecdotal reports from friends at dealers about manufacturer financing companies mulling new restrictions on third party lease buyouts. Dealer inventories are increasing. I’m also starting to see Carvana offers on a few vehicles I’ve run sink a bit from where they were even a couple of weeks ago.

Seriously, folks: if you are on the fence about this, now is the time. While things certainly could continue for a little while, don’t be shocked in a few months time when you read headlines about the popping of the used car market bubble…

Sold a leased 2019 Tacoma SR to Carvana— $5.8K profit. The process was mostly smooth, though the rep that came out to “inspect” the truck was a hour late and pretty incompetent. The support person she had to call also had no idea what they were doing. That being said, they took the truck and paid me as they said they would.

Grabbed another lease (21 Tacoma SR5) with @Jrouleau426. Didn’t get the most favorable terms (relative to deals he’s had in the past), but given the buyout the numbers still came out quite well.

i think there are several factors which will continue to prop up used car prices for the remainder of 2021.

1. new car inventory is starting to recover, but we may not have sufficient inventory for heavy rebates until sometime in 2022. Other industries (computers, video games, etc.) are all still citing chip shortages as a reason for low inventory.

2. the economy is strong and low unemployment rates means we should expect rising salaries in several industries and then we can expect to see rising interest rates. Since cars still represent one of the 3 largest purchases most people ever make, we will continue to see a steady demand for used cars.

Update: Enterprise sent payment after 7 days, and MBFS received the payoff exactly on the 10th day due to weekend. I received my equity check on the same day as well. Thanks to every friend in the forum.

Sold my 2019 e-golf with 5k miles. Carvana offered me $22k (Vroom $19k, Tesla trade-in $18k).
Unlike with Vroom I didn’t have to dance around with wet signatures and fedex packets, everything was done on the flatbed pickup which took around 5 minutes.

The e-golf cost me $28k (MSRP $33k) out the door but net $18k after fed/state/local rebates. Lovely little car but I have a feeling any <150 mile range EV is about to tank hard in the next 2 years.

did you have any setbacks (red tape really) with toyota and the recent none-sales to the 3rd party? many said a letter was needed from toyota financial to submit to the 3rd party for the transaction to complete.

I had to provide a payoff letter, but TFS supplied that within two days when requested. I encountered no such red tape— I will say, Vroom withdrew their offer citing TFS difficulties… I was worried Carvana would do the same, but I encountered no such issue. It might be good to check with Carvana before you commit to the process since it seems things are changing.

EDIT: to be clear, the 10-day payoff letter is just a PDF stating my payoff. I went on the TFS site to the “contact” section and sent a message to Toyota asking for the payoff.

2 Likes

Any word if TFS is still allowing carvana buyouts? Latest I heard from a friend at a dealer is that they aren’t furnishing buyout quotes for 3rd parties at all…and with the GM news, I can’t say that I’m surprised.

Not a leased car, but sold our old car we owned to Carvana. After submitted all the info on their website they confirmed it was all set same day. Scheduled for them to pickup for a date two days later. Came on time and they looked it over quick and accepted the vehicle and we signed the papers. Initiated the ach payment on the spot and received the next morning in our account.

Driver already had a vehicle on his truck so they did not take our vehicle away until the next morning.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. For sure, knowing Audi to do this would also drive me away to ever be an Audi customer. As you said it leaves extremely bad taste and it’s breaching good faith.

I would not say MBFS is perfect score, but at least they did not play games and communication with their CSRs were all pleasant. I would be happy to return as customer for my future leases. The dealer payoff was even slightly lower than my individual payoff (in addition to excluding sales taxes).

1 Like

Congrats and happy to hear that my friend. Best of luck!

1 Like

just got off a 3 way call with TFS and carmax so they’re definitely still allowing it. going to pickup my check right now

1 Like

Thank you, my friend. We both achieved our goals! Cheers!

Just sold my 2021 Honda Pilot (Honda Financial) lease to Carvana.
Carvana offer: $37,000
CarMax offer : $32,000
GiveMeTheVin : Told me they can’t buy out Honda Financial leases (not true)
AlGo: Initial offer $36,400. I did the virtual appraisal and they lowered the offer to $35,000 because it was not All Wheel Drive. They knew from the start it was not AWD. They play games to lower the offer.
Enterprise Car Sales: The local branch told me they were not buying out leases
Due to the fact that Carvana was the best offer on the table I decided to go with them. Their customer service is lacking a little but I think it’s because they are just overwhelmed and under staffed.
I did the entire transaction with them by text messaging. Some times they would respond quickly and other times it would take a day to get a response. However they were always very helpful when I connected with them. I highly suggest you do everything with them by text.
Timeline:
6/7: Received offer
6/8: Texted customer service agent to accept the offer. She asked for the last 4 of my social and a few minutes later she had the payoff from Honda. An hour later I received a text message with a link to schedule the pickup appointment.
6/16: Carvana truck arrived right on schedule for the pickup. Signed some papers and got my check
6/22: Honda Financial received payoff from Carvana and account was closed
6/30: Vehicle listed for sale on Carvana’s website
Overall a very positive experience with Carvana.

2 Likes