Sold one to CARVANA!

How long does it typically take Carvana to get a dealer payoff quote? I submitted a leased Audi for sale to Carvana last Saturday (6/6) and was told that they needed 24-48 hours to validate the payoff. I called Carvana this morning and was told that Audi is taking up to 5-7 business days to respond to payoff requests, is that accurate?

This is super helpful. Thanks so much for sharing the experience. After you extended the lease for two months and Carvana accepted the sale, did you have to drop off or let them pick up your car also with >60 days remaining? I am concerned if they approve my sale close to the original lease end (I also extended two months), while did not pick up the car until later, could they backtrack again and ask me to extend lease one more time.

Or, if they approve the sale, could I delay the pick up even if it will have less than 60 days remaining at the time of pick up (so I can use a bit extra time as I paid for the extension)? I searched everywhere and this point has not been obvious…

Based on my personal experience, you need to stay on top of it. When the time comes and the payoff was not submitted, it’s just going to be finger pointing and delay your sale

Hi my friend, your question is very great as we are in the same boat. The dilemma is: when you pass the original lease maturity date, your registration will expire as well. If you want to continue driving it, you are in a risk of getting a ticket. On the other hand, if they pick up the car just 3-5 days after your first extended month starts, do we still have to pay two months’ extension leasing fee?

That is really beyond our control. I tried to google other ppl’s timeline, but few were reported.

It appears that in the light of everything going on, Carvana and Audi FS are both very busy. This is evidenced by the approximately 1 hour wait for a call back on the support phone line. It is a bit frustrating that Audi won’t provide the dealer payoff on the lease to end customers as it would enable us to make an informed decision on what to do with our leased vehicles at or near maturity.

You are right, but my scenario is slightly different in this case. I turned in my last leased car early (MBFS waived the last 2 months payment as I was doing an upgrade), so my registration, inspection and insurance are all running to August (while I could have recouped some credit back if I hand my car to Carvana in June). As for paying for 2 months extension, it does not seem to be a choice to me. Did they accept your print out of encrypted email and 2-month invoices? In my case, Carvana just told me despite the invoices there are no proof to show my extension has been granted. I then contacted MBFS and they said this extension is flexible and optional while not contractual so it will not reflect as a form of contract (for me to show Carvana, basically). I hence had to pay two months in advance, and the MBFS CSR after seeing the payments would make a note in the system with my new
maturity date. Supposedly, the system will refresh to show new maturity date, hopefully. I have instructed Carvana to call MBFS to confirm the extension, or I have nothing else to prove right now the extension is in place. A bit of a bump as Carvana should know better how MBFS works. There are only so many car brands out there…

I guess it wasn’t leased car, correct?

Hi Visa,

I am in the same boat where my lease is less than 60 days. I am currently at 50 days and I called MBFS to ask for extension. The CSR gave me a hard time and said they can extend the lease by one month but only when it is closer to the end the lease. What did you say to get them to extend beyond? Did you get Carvanna to approve the sale?

Their offer is approximately $2500 more than carmax. I really want to go with them but it has been lackluster experience and I don’t want to buy the car to sell it to them.

Hang up and call again. Do the same until you get a guy who is about to log off from his shift, he/she will just extend your lease without any issues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do. Thanks for your advice.

The frustrating part is I agreed to offer with Carvana with 60 days until maturity. Their delays and standard blame game of MBFS got me to the same message that they won’t buy a car unless it’s 60 days or more.

Did you try ALGO (auto lenders go), GMTV (give me the vin), Vroom, AutoNation, CarMax, Shift, Enterprise. If carvana is giving you hard time, You can shop around.

2 Likes

Yes…Algo (although higher) does not buy from CA. All the other 3rd parties are lower and have subsequently offered lower since my first offer 10 days ago when I tried to shop around. Kind of disappointed in the process and the lack of transparency from Carvana. Their website and information provided by the Sales Team were not forthcoming.

Hi visa, I decide to give up Carvana. Today I tried Enterprise car sales. Their online estimate is almost the same as Carvana’s offer. More importantly, they don’t have the s**t 60 day maturity policy. I already sold my car to Enterprise.

Hi my friend, we are in the same boat. Try other dealers and ask them if they can match Carvana’s offer. Even if it may be less, but you don’t have to extend the lease.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I will follow your advice and move on. Cheers!

correct.

After getting the run around with Vroom for nearly 4 weeks after I accepted an offer on our 2019 A4 P+, I decided to move forward with Carvana, who’s appraisal went up nearly $2k during that time span, or $80 less than Vroom’s offer.

June 3: accepted offer with Carvana and uploaded documents electronically

June 4: Received approval of submission and calendar to schedule pickup. Pickup scheduled for next day.

June 5 (Sat): pickup came 15 minutes early, but driver called before they left and asked if ok. Received check for positive equity that morning after a quick assessment.

Other than the check showing still pending for a few more days (mobile deposit), the experience with carvana was incredible. And in comparison with Vroom, where I’ve probably spoke to 15+ reps - several of them being Tier 2 support - in 4 weeks, well…words wouldn’t do the comparison justice.

For those wondering, the A4 was finance at 0% APR (I know, I know), so my AFS buyout for Carvana was exactly as mine without any nonsense/discretionary market adjustment.

1 Like

Yes MBFS did not appear to like to extend lease. They would be more open if you need more time to shop for your next car but given you still have 50 days left saying you need even more time this early is not yet a good excuse. Saying that, I do think if you call couple of more times and ask for only one month extension you will find one rep to be willing to grant it. It will be enough to close with Carvana if you stay on top of it before 60 day mark is up.

In my own experience, the 60-day policy was not even clear when I went thru the process until half time thru (I know it’s searchable but it never popped up when I went thru the process). However I can confirm Carvana needs 60 day+ at the time of deal approval so even if you started the process slightly over 60 days it’s a bit late (but still way earlier than me!). I advised all of my coworkers to start the process with 4 months remaining so they dont have to go thru the same hustle as myself…