Sold one to CARVANA!

I think the bigger question is how did you drive a Subaru for 82k? Sounds like torture

2 Likes

Welcome to Robinhood World, where millenials trade penny stocks and cars on Carvana and get an additional $600/mo in unemployment payments not to work. Better than I had out of college.

Hyundai seemed pretty simple to get the Payoff for my 2019 Ioniq plug-in Hybrid. Didn’t even have to speak to a human (do they not care how many miles are on vehicle?) Payoff was $16,350. Carvana offered $17,800. Vroom- $19,370

I just sold my 2019 BMW 330i to them.
They were the best deal on the market.

Zero hassles. BMW FS was very cooperative as well.

Last year, I sold a Jetta to Shift. Shift beat both Carvana & Vroom at that point.
The guy showed up and deducted a few hundred dollars for cosmetic scratches.

It was also very painful dealing with VW Credit, since they bumped up the dealer payoff by $2k to discourage third-party lease buyouts. I circumvented this by purchasing the car at full price & then selling to Shift after the title was in my hands. You can sell in a ~2 week period, without paying sales tax.

I recommended Carvana to a colleague and he also got a better deal on his SUV compared to Vroom.

It’s a no brainer to check all 3 companies for buyout prices.

2 Likes

Which state are you in?

Auction prices have increased several hundred dollars a week for the last 6 weeks in a row on most vehicles.

New car inventory has never been lower so the demand for used vehicles keeps growing and dealers are still paying more than the last week they bought the same vehicles.

To put this in perspective, today’s wholesale prices on a lot of vehicles are several hundred higher than the equivalent model/age/mileage last year at this time. The first week of May the prices were roughly 15-25% lower than they are now!

Over the last 6 weeks we have been selling consistently at 1k-2.5k over MMR. This is why caravana, vroom and shift are all over the place on pricing. Their analytic models weren’t designed to make sense of these types of market fluctuations.

1 Like

so Carvana added another $250 to my offer at almost 30k for a 30k mile red sport. My payoff is 25400…vroom has upped their offer from a 1k a week ago at $28500. Should i continue to hold out on vroom maybe another week since inventory is drying up? Also can i negotiate with Vroom since i have a ton of dealer added options to my car to increase the price like it has a carbon fiber package, sports exhaust, and etc?

Curious, are you just running the same VIN/Plate through Carvana and Vroom to get the higher offers? If so, are you waiting till their offer expires?

I’m running Carvana every 5 days on the same account. Vroom I’m doing it under a different email. I haven’t checked them in a week or 2 since their offer was terrible. Seems like their trying to catch up with Carvana.

Not sure that would make a difference if its the same VIN/ License Plate

1 Like

Is there anyone process of selling vehicle? Thursday have Honda finance had fax the 10 day payoff quote to carvana, still nothing heard from them. How long it would take them to schedule pick-up?

Ur right the last 3 times was under the same account so redid it under a different email but seems like their market has changed in the last week or 2

Are their amounts different when you try again? Just noticed my Vroom offer is for 2 days. Wow that seems short. 2 days normal?

Yup 2 days compared to Carvana 7 day offer

We are in the process of selling a leased AHFS car as well. We submitted all paperwork last Thursday and heard nothing so we called in today. They are pretty overwhelmed right now with the call center being at least a 30 minute wait.

That said, call in and have them verify all docs are correct. For us, they verified the 10-day payoff through what I assume was dealertrack. All we need to do now is post up a cashier’s check with the negative equity and we’ll schedule our appointment.

So in summary, don’t wait around because it may be a few days before they get around to your offer. Call in and move the process along.

2 Likes

Yea, they used to be 10 days or 250 miles… 2 days is new

Currently about $600 positive (vroom offer) on my '19 Civic EX hatch (10 months in). I’d likely need to get rid of this car a year from now. Right now I’m weighing whether I’d have significantly more equity a year from now, or to just take the $600 I have. If I sold I’d transfer into something. Any advice on what you’d do in my situation?

Who knows what will happen in a year? Supply/demand stabilizes, prices fluctuate… :man_shrugging: crystal ball

But with $600 positive, does that include the DAS you paid upfront? If it’s thousands positive, sure, it seems like a good bet. But the few hundred dollars (2-3 mths payments) doesn’t seem to be worth it now. Plus, you may end up overpaying if u get another car now

Transferring into a lease isn’t so easy right now. Limited supply and lots demands. I would line up the transfer first before letting go of a good payment.

1 Like

I had a $0 DAS lease (260/month including tax). Would need to line up the transfer. Feel like keeping it could be a risk as any accident within the next year would wreck my hopes of equity.