Sold one to CARVANA!

I had a $0 DAS lease (260/month including tax). Would need to line up the transfer. Feel like keeping it could be a risk as any accident within the next year would wreck my hopes of equity.

Definitely!! Don’t wait to long Vroom might not offer the same amount of money at a later time. Also did you check Carvana?

Checked Carvana, they’re about $250 lower. Shift won’t even make an offer.

Vroom offered me $41554 for my 2017 Challenger Hellcat with 17,500 miles
Lease is due Feb 2021 RV $40,000 still have 7 payments left…not ready to give it up yet-still enjoying, was just curious, as at the end of 2019 offers were at $38,500
Carvana was $300 more in both instances

I called this morning as you advised. Everything went smoothly on phone for about 20 min and pickup already scheduled in July 4th. Thanks for tip.

1 Like

It all worked out in the end and got my check this morning.

If this helps anyone else, I was within my 60 days of lease end and Chrysler would not release a dealer payoff sheet to Carvana. I extended the lease to be outside the 60 day window and the next day requested the dealer payoff and got it within 5 minutes and verified by carvan within 30 minutes. carvan then scheduled my appointment on that same call.

overall a great experience.

1 Like

Hello. I have three months left on my glc300 and Carvana offering 5k more than my lease payout. HOWEVER, MBFS is unable to fax a dealer payout sheet to Carvana. Literally been on phone with them everyday for a week and every document they send is addressed to me and not Carvana. Any advice? Anybody with a Mercedes that sold to Carvana without a hiccup?

Thanks

1 Like

I have no experience with MBFS but my guess is that MBFS wants to sell this car to Carvana and make $5k.

Have you tried calling Carvana to see if they’re able to pull that payoff themselves?

They are calling MBFS one more time(this will be fourth or fifth time) and if they can’t get proper document they will try to pull it.

Whoa, my offer just went up 1k from the offer last week. Still 1k under my payoff, tho.

Question;
In the event that one has positive equity above the RV of a vehicle after lease term and decides to sell that vehicle to carvana or vroom…who pays the sales tax on the residual of that vehicle to the manufacturer or bank?

Say, I have an offer from carvana for 30k and vehicle’s RV is 28k. I decide to sell it to carvana, pay off the car and pocket 2k, however there should be a sales tax on the 28k amount that might be more than the 2k delta. Who pays that sales tax?

If a dealer such as Carvana, Shift, or any other buys your vehicle they are organizations that are exempt from sales taxes on purchases meaning no money in taxes is owed on the transaction.

Beautiful, thank u!

Got an offer from Vroom today on my Jeep that’s about $500 over my payoff, with 2-3 months on my lease.
Happy to take the offer and unload it, so curious on typical prep for the inspection?

I had called to confirm the offer, and they just said normal cleaning, vaccuum, not detailing or anything like that. That sound about right?

Submitted all already and just waiting for the rest of the paperwork to come through.

Thanks!

Prius offer has gone up by about $500 per offer over the last 6-8 weeks. From $10,500 to $12,100. Will be selling it to them soon.

And my Equinox offer has gone up almost $3k! From $12.3k to $15.2k Still $3k below my payoff though lol.

Carvana came and picked up my 2019 Mazda CX-5 Touring on Saturday and I received an electronic payment of $205 in the bank today. It was due for a service but CArvana said that didn’t matter and had a a small door ding and a rear bumper ding where someone reversed into my parked car in a parking lot.

Really smooth process and allowed me to get out of the lease only 16 months in! While the lease seemed like a good deal, the car was simply ‘ok’ to drive. I wasn’t really enamored by it and the trunk space was really too small to make a SUV an appropriate vehicle for my lifestyle.

As a side note, Vroom offered me $2000 under my buy-out price so ignored that offer.

Carvana is offering 1k over purchase option for Mazda lease that we have and can end soon.

I called mazda capital services and agent said sales tax (New York state) of ~1k would be charged to me even if I sold car to carvana, which would kill any profit. Does anyone know if there is a way around this sales tax when purchasing / trading at lease end? (New York State)

Clarify this by making a 3 way phone call. The easiest way to get to the bottom of it. I am in NY long island and sold leased toyota acura and honda to Carvana. No sales tax while Carvana is a 3rd party dealer with resale certificate.

Thank you very much!