Sold one to CARVANA!

I did check…I always like a paper trail, and, as they say, a bird in the hand…Especially with the difficulty of getting a human contact at Carvana…the thought of the money not showing up and then having to chase it down…

I didn’t need the funds ASAP, so it didn’t bother me that it took a few days to clear.

Check. They handed it to me when they showed up for the car.

Good point. I’ll go with check. Their customer service has been abysmal so rather have money in hand.

Ally will bend the dealer over the barrel with their payoff. My payoff was $7k less than the payoff they offered Vroom.

Hi,

What Trim is your BMW 330i? XDrive? MSport? Packages and all. Also, how many miles did you have on it before the sale?

Here’s the original posting here on Leasehackr:

The final mileage was 7,024 when I sold it. Low miles for its age.

1 Like

Check, I don’t like to give out my bank account info.
Just sold one to Carvana and deposited the check yesterday. The money is in my account today.

A little Carvana fun. I sent them all my docs 2 weeks ago. Then heard nothing. So i called them today. I was on hold for a bit…

13 Likes

Yikes,
Must be a nice profit if you held on for 6hrs

2 weeks ago I called twice
Wait times was around 2.30 each call

1 Like

12k over payoff

5 Likes

Was on hold for 8 hours then call dropped. :sleepy:

$12k? Are you still on hold? lol

1 Like

Have you reappraised in those two weeks? Hopefully it went up. I had the same situation, def not 12k profit lol, but they would not honor the highest initial offer because 7 days had passed and the offer expired even though I uploaded and did everything g I could on my end. Still never heard from them and ended up selling to Carmax for $100 less than Carvana initial offer.

Have a Tundra from last summer that is $8000+ in positive equity with dealer buyout via a Carvana quote.

Carvana won’t accept this based on previous posts. How much risk in buying this with taxes and early penalty fee included and then flipping to Carvana directly from me? Still stand to net $5000+ with those pulling me down.

Also any recent data points for Us Bank dealer buyout direct to Vroom?

Waiting on Carvana to reach out may not be the best tactic. I used their text feature to get a human, and continued to “bug” or ask questions daily until I had it in writing (in text) that the deal was locked up. From here things seemed to go pretty smoothly. That business model is a hot mess. It is really a wonder they are making any money.

1 Like

I got a hold of them. They are calling my bank today and should hopefully be moving forward

4 Likes

Sold 2019 Lexus NX 300 AWD.

Process wasn’t so bad. Submitted on Wednesday. Heard back from Carvana on Monday. Uploaded requested additional documents. Picked up on Wednesday. Made a little over $2,000.

OK I’m really annoyed and have searched for a long time.

For those who sold a Honda through AHFC: How did you get a copy of your title from Honda?

I’ve talked to 3 different people at AHFC who all acted like I was insane for asking and told me that they couldn’t send a copy of it to me.

If Carvana is requesting a copy of your title, upload a document saying “This car is a lease, I do not have the title. The last 4 of my SSN is xxxx”.

That should work…

2 Likes

Thank you! Carvana rep was totally unhelpful.

I uploaded my lease agreement and dealertrak payoff statement.