Sold one to CARVANA!

OK I’m really annoyed and have searched for a long time.

For those who sold a Honda through AHFC: How did you get a copy of your title from Honda?

I’ve talked to 3 different people at AHFC who all acted like I was insane for asking and told me that they couldn’t send a copy of it to me.

If Carvana is requesting a copy of your title, upload a document saying “This car is a lease, I do not have the title. The last 4 of my SSN is xxxx”.

That should work…

2 Likes

Thank you! Carvana rep was totally unhelpful.

I uploaded my lease agreement and dealertrak payoff statement.

Anytime!

They are going to ask you for the last 4, they don’t trust the dealer track sheet…

Wow that was easy. They came back asking for the dealer payoff. I uploaded the dealer track pdf again, and within an hour they accepted it all.

Scheduled pickup at end of May so we can use up the 1000 remaining miles and find something else :slight_smile:

1 Like

strange that pickup is a month away

It’s intentional. Free car for a month. Turning it in a day before my next payment is due.

3 Likes

Their quote is only good for 7 or 10 days. Can’t recall. I just sold two to them this month.

Once they accept the offer and all paper work is in, you can keep delaying the pickup time and time again. The 7 day offer thing is only for the offer to be finalized. Once it’s finalized you are locked in.

1 Like

Correct. My offer is valid until 5/28.

My lease is up tomorrow and I somehow the buyout price from carvana increased. It’s now a $300 above my buy out price.

Is it too late to get to get carvana to buyout the lease?

My lease is with Toyota financial

Carvana doesn’t buy lease maturing within 60 days. You would have to pay tax and buy it out if there’s still margin left

1 Like

Or they could try extending the lease, but I’m not sure any of this is worth it over $300

Their Twitter account is also very responsive and helpful. Just DM them and can handle everything thru chat…

2 Likes

If you can get a hold of toyota and do a 3 month or 4 month lease extension that takes effect immediately you could sell to Carvana.

Who has had success selling a GM Financial lease to Carvana?

So far I’ve sent the third party auth to GM and Carvana, but still waiting on Carvana to request payoff from GM for a few days now. I’ve texted them multiple times and asked if they could speed it up but no luck.

Any tips here? Anything else important to do?

Nope, that is it. Get the form sent into GMF, and upload a copy to Carvana’s site as well. It took 3 days with my deal. I just texted to confirm that I had uploaded the forms, and got a call about 3 days later. As long as they have all the required forms from you, they will hold the deal open 30 days, just confirm they have everything needed from you, via text.

Done with fucking Carvana. Uploaded all documents and did the whole dog and pony dance of getting the lease payoff from GM Financial… Took about 3 weeks and that put me within 60 days of lease end. Today they told me they can’t buy the car because it’s within 60 days of lease end and to extend the lease. LOL fuck these guys. I’m out. Good luck everybody.

2 Likes

Sell your car to another dealer instead of carvana. You’ll be putting in hours and hours of work to get carvana to not buy your car. If your time is worth anything, sell to another dealer. Plus you get to drive the car for another 2 months.

I made thousands in profit selling my off lease truck to Carvana. Seemingly, Carvana is out for market/share and growth at the expense of their profit margin. Thinking out loud…Is there a feasible model to profit from buy/leasing new and/or used cars and simply flipping to Carvana? What pricing/data models would help identify the “prime” most profitable targets?

2 Likes