Sold one to CARVANA!

Thanks to Leasehackr, I sold my leased Acura MDX to Carvana and took advantage of the positive equity. Pretty seamless process overall from start to finish.

Sold one to Carvana Thursday, selling them another one on Monday!

Honda Pilot EX-L, 2020, leased it for 11 months. They offered me $1863 over payoff so I took it. They are IMPOSSIBLE to reach but everything happens digitally pretty seamlessly. If you try calling you’ll be frustrated. Pickup was late by an hour. Payment happened instantly.

Selling a leased 2019 Kona Monday to them for over $1300 over payoff. Not bad! We will see how this one goes. That one was harder at first as Hyundai would not provide me the payoff, only a dealer could get it. Super annoying, but Carvana handled it all for me.

Both of these were handled in a week, accepted offer on the Pilot on Sunday and started the paperwork submission, they picked it up Thursday. Accepted Kona offer on that same Thursday, they are picking it up Monday.

2 Likes

Hi dumb question that I’m sure has been asked/answered many times here. My leased 2020 Infiniti QX60 has a “dealer” payoff quote of about $38,400 and a “individual” one that has NJ sales taxes added of about $40,900. Carvana is offering about $38,900 for it. Do I have $500 equity on the car if its the dealer payoff or would I be underwater by $2k due to sales taxes that Carvana would pay Infiniti finance?

Carvana doesn’t deal with Infiniti.

Thought its just these banks including Nissan which is separate as per this chat:

“Please note, we do not buy out leases through Ford Motor Credit, Ally, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp, or US Bank, nor those within 60 days of the maturity date.”

1 Like
1 Like

After a transferee decided to back out of the lease transfer for my 2020 BMW 330i (he had already given me my MSDs minus an incentive of $500 and we were at stage 3 :roll_eyes:), I was like, I’m not waiting for another buyer to come, so I decided to check out offers from Carmax, Vroom, Shift, Carvana, etc. thanks to Leasehackr.

Glad I did, because Carvana offered me close to $600 more than my lease payoff. I was honestly surprised even for BMWs that the value is so much higher right now during COVID. When I first thought about transferring my lease back in Nov 2020, Carvana and others were only offering like $31K. Now, they bought it for close to $36K. :grin: :open_mouth:

And I’ll get the full $3,150 MSDs back from BMW still! Win-win! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

To those who have sold their leased bmw to Carvana, at pickup can you verify in the documents you sign that msd’s are not part of the deal ?

In my “customer” payoff letter there is specific area to authorize/not authorize bmw to apply mds’s to the payoff amount. Does Carvana use the same form for you to sign? Just wanted to now what to expect when they pickup my x2 this week.

Edit: Carvana already checked with bmwfs and it was the same payoff as mine. But I was unable to be in the call.

I can confirm that Carvana will NOT buy an Infiniti lease, but AutoLendersGO will.

Toyota/Lexus won’t send me or Carvana a dealer quote. Anyone else experience this??

Carvana coming to pick up the car on Tuesday. Anyone take the car to the car wash before? How strict are they with small light scratches here and there?

They’re pretty laid back

The MSDs are separate and not part of Carvana’s paperwork. BMW gives you the option to use the MSDS towards your payoff, but you have to sign a separate form to authorize that. Carvana didn’t give me that form to sign.

In terms of the payoff, I know the standard paperwork and payoff letter in our BMW FS accounts say the listed payoff is for our personal use only. Normally, BMW doesn’t disclose what the dealer/third-party payoff would be to us/the lessee. But, I asked the BMW rep since I was so close to completing my lease transfer at stage 3 when the transferee backed out that she felt bad for me and disclosed the dealer payoff is the same as my listed personal payoff. That’s why I felt comfortable going the Carvana route.

If you noticed, that’s why Carvana requests the last 4 digits of your SSN to verify your BMW account and the dealer payoff when they call BMW after they verify the first set of docs you provide.

how long has it taken most of your cars to be actually paid off with the lien holder (mine’s toyota financial)?

carvana picked up mine about a week ago (i’ve had more complicated transactions at a mcdonalds drive thru. seamless and top notch!) and my payment is due tmrw … for some idiotic reason i thought they said 5 business days so i canceled my payment but now just to be safe i rescheduled it.

Now who am I going to get that money back from? The finance company or carvana?

finance company will refund any overages. I wouldn’t take any chances with the monthly payment, I got screwed when dealer did not pay on time and I got hit with a late payment on my credit report.

1 Like

When selling my Chevy Cruze, GM Financial closed the account in about 5 days after pickup. This was back in December so who knows how long it is taking Carvana to send out payoffs these days.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the confirmation, that makes sense it should be separate.

1 Like

Agreed…dont take the chance. Make the payment if theres any doubt about the timing and then get the refund after the fact. That has happened to me a few times…it always comes out in the wash.

2 Likes

When I sold a Toyota to Carvana last year (TFS) it took a couple of weeks for the account to close after Carvana paid me (and obviously paid TFS as well). TFS then took about 2 weeks max after that to refund the MSDs.

1 Like

I sold leased highlander to them a few weeks ago. They told me they could send me an encrypted email with the payoff, fax it to carvana, or send it in the mail. For some reason they did all 3. Fax was the quickest and carvana got it very quickly.