Sold one to CarMax

Went in today and got everything done and walked out with my license plate and a 9k check. Couldn’t be easier!

4 Likes

Got a CarMax offer of $46k for my 2016 Yukon Denali. Have until Sunday to except. Car was inspected by them so offer will stick if I decide to take it. Vroom was $38k and Carvana was $31. Dealer trade in was $41k

What are you going to replace it with

What vehicle, what did all the others offer and what did Carmax pay?

Sold our 2019 Outback 3.6R limited. Lease through Subaru Finance was ending in 6 months.

Buyout was $25k and change. Sold to CarMax yesterday for $37k. No muss no fuss. We were paid $4000 to drive it for 30 months…

10 Likes

That’s the beauty of Subaru - they always keep their value.

2 Likes

Maybe. But that was wild…

3 Likes

I mean this crazy market makes it even crazier if you got a Subaru to sell. Volvo - not even close.

These are the quotes I am getting for my 2019 Subaru Forester Premium (my payoff $19,800):
Carvana : $26,475
Shift : $30,100 (but 3 hours drive to nearest location)
Carmax : $28,600
Algo: $27,000
Local Subaru Dealer: $21,000 LOL

I will be taking it to Carmax today or tomorrow
Anyone know if they price match?

Premium what?

You know … the thing …

That Thing?

via GIPHY

I have my VW leased with VWCredit. The buyout quote is $22576 and the Carmax offer is $29400.

It seems an absolute no brainer to let it go - but what’s the process? Will Carmax cut me a check and VW a check?

First timer here!

The buyout quoted… to you, as the lessee?

That’s different from the buyout number for any third parties such as Carmax.

This is what YOU can buy it from VW for, not what VW will sell it to Carmax for.

You’ll need to either buy it out yourself, sell it to a VW/Audi dealer (they can buy it for about the same), or find out what VW will sell it to Carmax for (and then cry when all the equity disappears).

1 Like

Ha ok, now I understand.

Is your lease shown as ending yet in Subaru Motor finance? I sold mine on Friday and it’s still showing up on my chase account

I tried to get CarMax to match on my Subaru and they wouldn’t

match on what? You just said earlier that they were giving you 9k