Sold one to AUTONATION!

54,500 seems to be the going offer that many people are getting from autonation, including my sister. She sold her’s a week ago to them and they did the 54,500. As long as there’s no damage or something else devaluing your vehicle they should give you that amount.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a 2021 Sahara.

1 Like

Where are You located ?

In New Jersey

1 Like

How many miles?

I had a very positive experience with Autonation in Los Angeles, CA. They were the highest bid after tracking the price from Jan - Feb 2022 for my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4x4 at 18,700 miles.

Vroom: $36,495 (they don’t buy leases anymore)
Algo: $34,600
GiveMetheVin: $37,200 - $39,200
Carmax: $39,500
KBB: $37,170
Carvana: $35,182
Driveway: $41,156
Car Buyer USA: $38,376
Enterprise: $43,431 - $45,000 (they couldn’t buy it)
Bidlane: $40,707
Sonic: $36,575 - $42,000
Shift: $42,900
Autonation: $41,500

I drove to the nearest Autonation to see if they can beat Shift’s offer. They came back with $43k and I went back the following week to sell it to them at $43k. I figure it would be easier since Autonation has a Jeep dealer and I received the check the same day as with Shift it would take a couple days for them to mail you the check. It took about 2 hours from inspecting the car, verifying dealer buyout, and all the docs. Received check in hand and grin on my face as I was walking out.

4 Likes

Just sold my 2021 Hyundai Kona EV Ultimate to Autonation in New Rochelle (Jaguar Land Rover dealership). The process was very straightforward. I provided VIN and general information and they emailed me an offer. Setup an appointment at the dealership. After a brief inspection, the GM confirmed that they could and would buy the lease out from Hyundai. Waited about 30 minutes, read and signed the necessary paperwork, and walked out with a check for almost $3K!
My local Hyundai dealer wanted me to give them $5K to get out of the lease!

3 Likes

Jut sold my 2018 340i and pocketed $1100 the day before my lease came to term. Essentially had bald tires, but otherwise in perfect condition. 10/10 experience at Encino location, took about 1.5 hours and was incredibly easy. Most of the time was spent sitting in my car waiting while the rep was inputting info and doin the paperwork. 1.5 hours later had a check in my hand for the difference. There was no haggling or tire kicking and I received the price I was quoted online. I had also reached out to a few other BMW dealers in my area and one other offered me $1k, the rest wanted me to get into another car.

2 Likes

Just wanted to update on my sold 340i with equity check

They originally charged me a disposition fee, but after a few “friendly” messages they decided to refund it.

Did not lease or get another bmw .

Hoping this helps someone

5 Likes

Hey everyone

Just wanted to post this tip and deal for anyone looking to sell a BMW

I am on south Florida.

I just sold my 2020 M340
Miles: 30,500
Condition: Average / above average

1 moderate accident that showed on car fax - vehicle was disabled and towed - no air bag deploy.

Sale Price: $42,994.00

Nearly $5k in equity as I could have done better on the lease but I rolled old payment into this one 3 years ago!

Autonation said and I quote “we are buying cars extremely aggressively and I don’t know how long we will be this aggressive”

I could not believe the quote sale price and was pretty happy with it !

So,
If you are looking to sell a bmw autonation is throwing out solid numbers right now

This far exceeded KBB, vroom and one other I got a quote from by 10k or more !

Happy lease hacking!

3 Likes

Anyone know if autonation can buy a Hyundai financial lease

With Autonation, you can sell despite no third party buyouts? Or because they’re dealers its a workaround?

AN has dealers with pretty much every brand.

I got an offer from AN right now for my BMW, but it directed me to a local Benz dealer. I’ll call them and see what’s up.

I went to a BMW dealer today, coincidentally, which happens to also be an AutoNation joint. They offered me 5k less than the online appraisal I just received. Will see what happens.

1 Like

Got a email from autonation they are upping their offer by $500, says something like 5 more days 500 more. Is this across the board promotion or it’s targeted?

You can negotiate their printed offer. If you receive a higher offer you can show them and they might budge.

I didn’t ask them to raise the offer, they just sent me a random email saying they are raising the offer by $500

When I was at Autonation the sales guy says they work with all manufacturer dealers except for Hyundai and Tesla. But you might want to call them and confirm on that.

Autonation sent me the same email about upping the offer $500…… it was still way to low

They did the same on the last day of my offer.