Sold one to AUTONATION!

Autonation sent me the same email about upping the offer $500…… it was still way to low

They did the same on the last day of my offer.

Was it legit or just to get you through the door

It was a lowball offer to begin with lol

1 Like

I’m also looking to potentially have Autonation pick up my leased BMW - do you know if the payoff amount listed in your BMWFS account is the same as Autonation has to pay to buy it out? Or does BMWFS use a different figure for a dealer buyout?

I didn’t wait for 7 days so I didn’t receive the $500 offer. I just went straight to the assigned AN dealer, told them I received a far better offer with Edmunds and they nearly matched it, so I sold it to them.

When I went to the closest assigned dealer, they didn’t even honor that $500 higher offer.

Were they willing to honor original certificate though?

Yep, but it was way too low. I talked to them over email for awhile and they sworn to give me a higher, “fair” offer. :clown_face:'s

Autonation is very YMMV

Yeah. Did appraisal again with the zip for another local one, $500 less than the first. DMV is a tough area to sell.

Mine was exactly what was listed as buyout.

1 Like

I ended up calling and they confirmed they do purchase Hyundai leases

Sold my Wrangler 392 today to Autonation for $83,500. At first they didn’t want to honor the additional 500 but after a little nudge they said it’s all good.
Big thank you to everyone in this community for helping me (and everyone else) out, and making this possible in such a crazy market.

5 Likes

Enjoy the Mexico trip!

Is this the white plains Land Rover autonation? They lowballed the heck out of me at 78,000. Glad it worked out for you tho!

1 Like

They listed the 392 for $89,990 and made shit up that it has dual top group for $1350, unless they had one laying around and decided to add it.

2 Likes

Anyone in the New England area have experience with AutoNation? I’ve gotten offers from the White Plains Land Rover as well but want to see if they’ll honor the online offer or switch up after the 6 hours round trip commute.

They honored mine yesterday

Sold my 2019 Grand Cherokee 4X4 high altitude to AutoNation for $39500. Highest bidder among online dealers (Carvana $30.5k, CarMax $38.6k)

Had no issue with Chevrolet dealer
Had no issue getting the leasee’s buyout price with Chrysler Capital

In and out in 90 min.
Very smooth experience and happy leaving with ~$11k check on hand, which makes the lease effectively $100/mo for 28 months

2 Likes