Sold my 2020 Volvo XC40 to GiveMeTheVin.com (GMTV)

Sold my 2020 Volvo XC40 to GiveMeTheVin.com (GMTV)

Vroom had the highest offer, but slowest customer service reps, and one that quoted that ‘due to changes in the 2021 lease agreement you can’t sell to 3rd party buyers’ - I never saw this verbiage… because it’s a 2020.

**For all Volvo Owners that are looking to escape their lease, but hear nothing but BS and FUD, go to GiveMeTheVin.com, enter your details. **

**Send your Payoff Letter PDF you download from Volvo to whatever represenative you send your pictures to. I dealt with Duane, very nice guy. **

Call Volvo / VCFS @ 1-866-499-6793. Tell them you’re in a bit of a kerfuffle and need to pay off your car, please fax info to: [FAX GIVEN FROM GMTV]

Also ask them to create a note on your account that it’s OK to speak to any bank / customer service representative regarding your account. I was told they are fine with adding notes to the account to make an exception to verify numbers. This worked fine after a very anxious 2 days due to all the FUD spread by people on here.

I’m getting FedEx check / documents tomorrow, and to speed up the process, dropping it off at Manheim myself 20 minutes away.

These guys don’t screw around, I’ll have a Saturday Rush AM with all documents & a check. Manheim is open 24/7, so going to drop it off this weekend with the girlfriend to save myself an Uber trip. It’ll be inspected first thing Monday morning.

SOLD: 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design

VCFS Payoff: $37,360

Offered:

• GMTV: $40,250 (Originally $39,275, came up to match Vroom, didn’t want to twist arm)
  • Vroom: $40,792 (denied by them - slow & didn’t realize 2021 lease terms don’t apply to 2020’s)
  • CarMax : $38,400-$38,600 (backup as they know you just need to send a cashiers / certified check to VCFS)
  • KBB Instant Cash: $36,974
  • Volvo Dealer: ‘Wait was that the one I sold you?’ (no response after ‘yes’)

4/28: Initial contact with GMTV
4/28: Purchase Offer Sent
4/29: Second Purchase offer Sent coming up near Vroom
4/29: First contact with Hayleigh, GMTV logistics coordinator
4/30: FedEx sent overnight Saturday AM so I can drop the vehicle off tomorrow night.

Told me I could wait 1-2 weeks until they could get a local transporter, but much like the JG Wentworth commercial - I had a good VCFS lease and I needed cash now!

Farewell, my little viking (Pete & Pete reference) but this has really been my favorite vehicle so far… got one for my brother and one mom as well.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Has anyone sold to Givemethevin?