Has anyone sold to Givemethevin?

Per the title, has anyone gone through the entire process with this company? I’m flabbergasted that I just found out about this service today from @asfarr86. I’ve been using Vroom and Carvana for awhile, and recently used Algo in December for the sale of two cars. Shift does not service Michigan, but I was at least aware of them.

Just for a data point, I submitted my 2021 Camaro LT1 today to givemethvin and to vroom for comparison. Givemethvin quoted $33,000, and Vroom was $29,900. Pretty big spread, so just want to hear some legit stories about the process.

2 Likes

I haven’t sold to them yet, but have heard of them. Their upfront quote process is a bit more involved as you saw including pictures of the car that they evaluate. Seemed pretty legit though based on my interactions. Likewise got a 4K higher offer on my LT1 than Vroom and they said they might be able to squeeze another 500 if it would make the deal close.

This is the owner: https://www.johnclaywolfe.com/

1 Like

Like a wolf.

These guys have a radio show in DMV on Saturdays where they buy cars over the phone. Pretty funny.

3 Likes

They were buying during last year’s spree…

Edit: ok, it’s not a good thread as far as experience goes :slight_smile:

But searching LH does turn up some results

Sold my Infiniti to them last summer. They are legit and you can negotiate a bit with them. The payoff took forever but that was an IFS issue.

1 Like

Good to hear, my brother has pending offers from Vroom and ALgo on his Q50 so I told him to check this out. Currently both offers are $25,500 and his payoff is $26,800. He can definitely negotiate both deals up a bit, but let’s see what these guys say.

1 Like

I did and had a positive experience. Unlike Vroom and Carvana, I dealt with only two people, the buyer and the closer (arranged docs, pickup, and payment). I even had their cell numbers. Payoff to lender credited the day after pickup.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. I will definitely give them a shot.

Pm me if you want the name and number of the person that helped me.

1 Like

I am in the process of selling the LT1 to them (will provide more details once it moves ahead), but man, GM Financial is a PITA for providing buyout quotes to third parties. Every time you request one, it takes 24-48 hours for them to generate and send. They can apparently only fax to a third party, but not email - emails can only go to the current account holder. In my case the fax failed to come through, so I requested they email me a copy to forward–it will take another 24-48 hours for them to do so…apparently they incinerate all the info the second they send it.

3 Likes

this is hilarious

Did you know your payoff amount before you started to shop around? I haven’t checked, but I assume my payoff is higher than the $33k offer they gave me few weeks back.

Are you not confident you can make some cash back in a swap? Or just losing patience with a car you rarely drive?

Yes, I know the payoff, but any third party buyer wants to confirm it in writing.

The latter. I haven’t even put one months worth of miles on it in 4 months of ownership. I am also concerned that “transferring” is not as easy as people like to think it is–took me 4 months to unload a well-priced M340 last year between credit approval/paperwork etc. Given the current used car craze and the fact I was able to get CarMax, these guys my original dealer and others to bid against each other, I will walk away with a check free and clear (assuming this works out).

1 Like

GMTV offered $34k for mine right out of the gate, and they were clearly willing to go higher, but I didn’t pursue anything with them (since I decided I really didn’t want to sell it). I have a feeling many of us could sell these now and break even, or perhaps make a small profit. The profit potential is probably higher with a swap though (if one can wait the six months).

2 Likes

Let’s hope with the production halt until 2022 model year drives the price up. I wouldn’t sell just to break even, the weather finally broke here so I’m fully enjoying it.

Still only a few Camaros nationwide on SAL. Keep us posted.

Ok done deal now - payoff was 35,517. Ended up selling to GMTV for 36,200 after ALGo came back and offered 36k after a week. At one point my original dealer went from “we can’t go anything over 33k” to 35,500 when they heard CarMax and Algo were in play. So walked away with a $683 equity check free and clear and brought my effective monthly for 4 months of ownership to $157.25 :joy::joy:

I am sure others who wait to transfer to the right person will do better, but given my lack of use of this I was ready to dump it early for a sure thing. Can’t argue this was an amazing performance value and I am sure I will miss it!

8 Likes

Wow that’s awesome. Now you have me tempted…

1 Like

anyone else sell to GMTV recently? Should we start a thread “Sold one to GMTV?”

2 Likes