Sold one to VROOM!

Yeah I’m actually on hold with them right now lol.

Actually the wait time wasn’t that bad. The guy said it could take 3-5 days so I should sit tight. :man_shrugging:

Yea same thing. Said they are swamped. Doesn’t help I’ve told everyone I know about it and we’re all in the same spot :joy:

Direct deposit was an option when I excepted the offer. There were no special requests or anything.

GMTV had no issue. They’re from Texas and don’t screw around. Not sure why Vroom is quoting 2021 lease agreement verbiage for my 2020, but GMTV came close enough!

Vroom had the highest number, but the slowest support, inept customer service reps who rejected a 3,377 mile 2020 XC40 because of ‘2021 lease agreement changes’ - lol wot?

Sold to GMTV.

Vroom was too stupid / slow to figure out 2021 lease changes don’t apply to a 2020.

I’d highly suggest them and the team there, Vroom does high volume, but doesn’t train their CSRs.

Hello!

Due to the terms of your lease agreement with Volvo we are unable to proceed with purchasing your vehicle. Per their new guidelines as of 2021 they do not allow you to sell to a 3rd party dealer.

Please contact Volvo for any questions in regards to your leasing terms if you have any further questions.

Thank you for considering Vroom and we hope to do business with you in the future!

1 Like

Just got the number from GMTV and they’re about $6,000 lower than Vroom so…

1 Like

You need to re-read that email. Has nothing to do with “2021 lease agreement verbiage for my 2020,” but a policy change by VCFS in 2021.

Anyways, let us know how it goes after you get the check from GMTV and your VCFS account is closed.

1 Like

You need to understand contracts. Policy changes in 2021 do not apply to 2020 vehicles.

Looks like you’re from So-Cal, will it help you if I tell you I’m getting a Tesla, or you work for CarMax?

1 Like

If they’re fast enough and smart enough to work with your finance office, awesome. Use them. They have the highest number, but seem to be high volume with less knowledgeable customer service reps. As long as it’s an easy transaction and doesn’t need… a title change! you’ll be fine.

It had exactly to do with my lease agreement, but hey if they don’t want to work with Volvo, don’t care.

EDIT: Here’s a picture, not seeing anything besides

A) have them send it certified, money order or cashiers
B) wait until it clears to deliver car

Getting a check tomorrow with papers to drop the car off. Will report back if it all goes pear-shaped.

My vehicle is a purchase thru Chrysler Finance and not a lease. So it should be rather easy to sort out.

1 Like

One of these days, when my nightmare is finally over, and I’ve got an extra 4hrs to type it all up, I’ll share my experience.

We agreed to a deal on 3/12 (sell mine, buy theirs), paperwork was overnighted back to them on 3/17. Completed the buying theirs and even returned theirs. Still waiting on all the money to be sorted out as we now approach May 1…

The sell mine part? I’ll leave you with a good one: I got a call today (4/30) from Vroom asking for “my payoff info so they can pay my leaseholder” on a vehicle they’ve already paid off and have already SOLD on their website (it lasted like 2 days) weeks ago…

Glad to see a few more people having success, but this has been an absolute horror story for me.

I wish I’d have done just a bit more research before jumping into bed with them. They were only $200 better than Carmax. Regret every minute of not taking the Carmax deal.

Playing the online dealer lottery also, just send Audi a check for the buyout and waiting for the title. Just sent the check today. What now, expect the title and try Vroom, Carvana and Carmax? Audi will offer a different buyout to 3rd parties so I reached out to my CU, they cut me a check for the Audi buyout. The only way that I could sell it to Vroom. I will park the car until Audi sent me the title. Do I have to title the vehicle with the DMV before attempting to sell the car to Vroom? Or can I start the process now? Thanks in advance.

Anyone sell a ford lease to VROOM? hearing conflicting things regarding ford 3rd party lease buyouts for Ford Credit

So you are just waiting on your check? Your comment is a bit unclear.

Anyone having issues with the pick up carrier? I was assigned to Ready Logistics, they said 1-2 days, it been 10 days… crickets , i called vroom they got in touch with them, and ready logistics said a pick up attempt was made but vehicle was inoperable… which is of course a huge lie, no one called me or came by for anything….i told them to send proof, of course they didn’t have anything so they said they will make sure someone comes to get it in the next 2 days….

So, deal was smooth.
Docu sign 4/22. FedEx sent next day
Pickup email on 4/24.
4/29 actual pickup with 24 and 1 hour notices. Returned BOL by email
4/30 email about FedEx check sent to lienholder and 1 day electronic deposit.

Car is already on vroom with pre-sale. 3000 more.

During pickup- truck driver found a small dent I didn’t see before (bright sun) and scrape on lower bumper lip. I didn’t get charged on those.

So I’m 26 months into my Lexus RX350’s 36 month with really low mileage (7,899). I hardly drive it and I planned to buy it out knowing the mileage would be low (not this low) but now the pre Apple play navigation is driving me crazy. My work vans aftermarket Kenwood is so much nicer than my Lexus radio go figure! Vroom offered like $6K more than what my buyout is to Lexus. Are these numbers realistic or do they haggle them down? Trucks in like new shape, has always been garaged and it’s washed/waxed more than it’s driven. I figure I don’t necessarily need a car as my wife has a suv and I have a 2019 transit 250 I drive for work I can just wait until a demo or something decent pops up on here eventually.

I’ve been waiting since Tuesday for the DocuSign email and FedEx package. Got tracking number, but they haven’t given FedEx anything yet. Called on Friday and all the rep could tell me is that it can take 5-10 days to process.

Has anyone gone over the 250 miles while waiting for the contracts? What happens? Vroom is $4k higher on my F-150 than Carmax and $6k higher than Carvana. Want to get this deal done, but need to drive something this week.