Silverado EV, who’s throwing in a reservation?

Honestly i only put down $200 (100 for a truck and 100 for suv) when all other electric cars were getting price increases. This way I locked in lower price. I doubt ill see it for a few years.

well there goes the corvette flipping market

Its similar to what GM did for leases, not being able to sell to third parties. You can still sell to a GM “authorized” dealer within first 12 months, the vehicle will retain the warranty. You also get blacklisted apparently if you sell to third party within first year.

I saw the prototype at the the LA Auto Show. Have to admit it looks really cool!

Anybody got any updates when this goes into production?

other than the random email trying to keep me excited…nothing.

1 Like

Nothing. I am getting more and more convince GM is purposely slow rolling Ultium powered EV production. Due to EV production cost and eating into ICE profits. I have a very early Silverado EV reservation. But I don’t expect any info anytime soon.

Only real news was the release of 3WT and 4WT work truck trim msrp. Hard to sell work truck trims for Rivian R1T luxury truck prices.

3WT starts at $72,905
4WT starts at $77,905

My guess is the $39,900 1WT starting price was a pipe dream.

3 Likes

Jeez, that’s a lot for unpainted bumpers and vinyl seats.

If there’s something Tesla is good at, it’s designing and manufacturing a simple, low-cost vehicle and charging a lot for it. Their gross margins are highest in the industry. Meanwhile, GM is spending a bunch of money to develop three different truck bodies and interiors (Silverado EV, Sierra EV, HUMMER EV), with a bazillion trim levels, which will only add cost and complexity and hurt economies of scale.

1 Like

Batteries sold separately. :pinched_fingers: :battery:

1 Like

I haven’t hear anything. I figure I’ll get 4-5 years out of my new car before these might go into production anyway.

450mi+ range!

But heavy and expensive:

First ones coming out will be over $70k and the cheapest one next year will start at $55k (not $40k) like the Lightning:

I’m over the EV truck (at least until the CyberTrucks hit the road). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a big delta for the first edition.

Does it come with a camper that will cut the range in half at least for that?

How can you believe anything GM is saying.

Let’s see them deliver some Lyriqs and Hummers first.

This thing is over 8000lbs and the interior is inferior compared to the new Silverado/Sierra.

4 Likes

Shocking…

There will be world peace before they build that thing in economically sustainable numbers.

2 Likes

They already rolling out the Blazer, my $100 is like 2 years on their banks.

I feel like with Bolt battery fires from a few years ago, maybe “Blazer” wasn’t the best thing to bring up now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Too soon for Fire Sale memes?

2 Likes

Ford also announced Lightning production cuts. Ford told media is was due to new supply chain issues.

UAW outed them, said Ford sent them a letter citing “waning demand”.

4 Likes

You mean demand for $100k+ trucks is low? Peak insanity is over :frowning:

2 Likes

As someone who was interested in a vehicle, Ford shot themselves in the foot bigtime. They had 1 competitor in Rivian and Rivian was going after a different crowd. Instead of flooding the market with PROs and XLTs for fleets and creating leasing programs for higher trims, they just bought into their own Koolaid that F150 is the best thing ever, and EV version is even better. And ta-da, “waning demand”. MORONS.

1 Like