Silverado EV, who’s throwing in a reservation?

Anyone else throwing a reservation in on the the Avalanche, I mean Silverado EV? I am, why not, the $100 is refundable. The WT version has the same range as the rest unlike the Ford. I wonder if they’ll actually let you order the WT.

I have two. One is for a launch edition, which sold out quickly. I don’t know if I will actually ever take delivery, but like you said, it’s only $100 refundable.

I’m a day one holder. Launch edition way out of my price range, so waiting for regular RST… who knows when that’ll happen!

snagged one the first day.

Day one WT/RST

I was watching an interview of the chief engineer for Silverado EV. The WT available at launch will have the biggest battery (400 miles) and that won’t be $40K.

I have seen those videos, she never stated the WT with 400miles wasn’t $40k. But it is hard to believe the base truck will get 400mile range. I suspect the $40k WT will have 300mile range standard. Equal to Lightning extended range battery.

Silverado EV:
Extended: 400 miles - 200kwh
Standard: 300 miles - ?

Lightning:
Extended: 300 miles - 145kwh
Standard: 230 miles - 110kwh

1 Like

Everyone’s planning to flip the Silverado or keeping it?

Plan to Grab the 7.5k federal ev incentive and flip it next day (hopefully for above msrp)

What 7.5k EV incentive? It’s GM

2 Likes

How are you planning to pull that one off?

1 Like

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

3 Likes

I have an early reservation on the Silverado WT. Might wait for the mid level trims to come out later that year. Also waiting to see the Sierra EV which looks more handsome than the Chevy.

If I take delivery, I’d probably drive it for a few months then trade in for the Ram EV or second generation Lightning in '25. Depends on how we’ll they hold their value. Since it’s oversold, I’m hoping it does for a while

1 Like

I like this plan. Though if the RAM EV comes with the death wobble, I’ll pass.

Is this @vhooloo alt account?

1 Like

There is a disclaimer that pricing is up to dealer discretion. I can’t imagine any prudent LH’er signing their fate to that. Ford Lightning 2.0 IMO

My dealer has committed to MSRP. Also, I hope some EV credit comes back for GM by the time this thing is out, but who knows.

2 Likes

Still hoping Joe M votes for Joe B BBB plan. It’s too much to hope for the 12.5k local union built EVB incentive but 7.5k is doable. Otherwise it’s 100 refundable deposit refunded.

I did. Im interested in WT $40-50k would be nice.

Good News to Me
https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/gm-plans-six-fold-increase-2022-electric-truck-suv-production-sources-2022-02-08/