• MSRP : 62545
  • Discount : 5600
  • Rebate : 10500 (Costco, EV, A-Plan)
  • Addons : None
  • DAS : 4371 (4000 + 371 Trade In)
  • Monthly : 544
  • MF : 0.00179 (Base MF)
  • RV : 50% (Ugh)

Been looking for a new EV since my Niro EV lease is running out.

After much discussion with my spouse we came up with a list of items she wants :

• Must be a pure EV (Wow the 5th EV in the family)
  • Cannot be longer than the Niro by about 2 inches (Due to garage size)
  • Must have a Sunroof (Welcome to California!)
  • Must have at least 200 miles of range (Learned about Range Anxiety early)
  • Must have a 360 camera (This she fell in love with)

These requirements eliminated a lot of EVs such as ETron, EQS (I wanted this one bad), C40, Mini Cooper, Ariya, Leaf, and Mazda MX-30.
So it came down to Niro Wave or Volvo XC40 (Bolt and Kona eliminated by choice). Due to a discussion with a member here Ursus about P8 vs Recharge, I had her test drive the XC40 and it won out.

Drove in my Hyundai (Was about to sell it to a broker here) and for some reason they gave me more equity on it and bought it out), drove home in the new car that night.

Why didn’t I put any MSDs? Honestly because I forgot, that would’ve saved me another $30. Owells.

Thoughts :

• Sit to Start! (Yes, not Push to Start), sitting in the car turns it on
  • Panoramic Sunroof with Shade! This was a nice plus (The C40 has no shade)
  • Power Trunk! Neat
  • Suede inner seats (Not a fan of this, cleaning is going to be a nightmare)
  • Front Frunk, not really a fan of something the size of my backpack
  • USB Ports, wow it has a lot of them (5 I think)
  • Entire Dealer purchase experience was 1.5 hours (I’m used to the old 5 hour deal)
  • No high pressure even in the F&I office (Which shocked me, she tried but not hard)
  • Could I gotten more for my trade in? Honestly I was already shopping it and they gave the most equity and wasting my time at Carmax due to a different hint from Ursus
  • I miss the Ventilated seats on the Niro (XC40 has heated seats and steering wheel but not ventilated AKA cooled seats)
  • Lol after all the talk with Ursus about P8 and Recharge, my paperwork says T8 which I know is wrong.
  • Since I sold my Hyundai, I guess we will buy out the Kia Niro (And somehow evade the double tax issues with a Kia)

I’m thinking to buy it out and get a loan but the base MF is pretty good.

8 Likes

Congrats!! Nice color as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Congrates wish I can replicate this but no dealer near me is ready to put discount more than 3% MSRP

Really? In Cali I was getting 5k off easy (with at least 3 dealers), that 5600 took a bit of work and haggling.

It is not “P8 vs Recharge”, it is one or the other. But I see you could not find a P8 so had to settle for a Recharge? :smile:
Congrats, btw.

3 Likes

Man I wished I saw this post before signing my lease today.
I got a White XC40 Recharge Twin AWD Ultimate
My total suggested MSRP was $62,115.
I feel like I got jibbed on the Costco $2500 credit, they made it part of a $7500 drive off instead of putting it into reducing the final MSRP. I paid the 5k drive off, while the costco’s $2500 went into part of the driveoff, I sure didn’t get any additional credit other than the $10500.
My final deal was $650 per month, and $5000 from me drive off.

So my lease is $650 per month for 36,000 miles for 36 month lease.
If your deal of $544 is already including taxes, then you really got a super awesome deal.
Thank you for sharing, I will definitely look at leasehackr before signing another lease.

2 Likes

That’s horrible. What made you think paying almost $28.5k to lease this car was a good deal?

Last month the incentives were even better and people were under 500 effective on C40, not sure about XC40 though. e.g.:

Ouch this hurts even more, I do have a question are the effective monthly in the calculation including or excluding taxes? If it is excluding taxes, maybe I can sleep better tonight. Please advise

Once again, won’t forget to look through leasehackr forum before leasing another car, thank you.

1 Like

Effective included all taxes and a CA 2k rebate i qualify for

1 Like

What’s the 2k rebate?

Cvrp 2000-7500 back on any qualifying ev. My income is too high so 2000 for me

2 Likes

Angry Mad GIF by Pokémon

3 Likes

I tried to replicate this deal (exact same trim, color and MSRP) here in Seattle. Dealer wouldn’t budge at all. After 2 hrs of back and forth I was going to for $2000 off the MSRP and call it a day. But they said the best they could do is $1500 off. I guess I’ll keep driving my 2010 Mazda3 then.

Is Washington really that bad when it comes to car prices? There’s NONE WA Volvo SIGNED threads that I can find.

1 Like

I didn’t go into any dealers until I got about $5000 off. If you went into the dealer, that’s why they didn’t budge, they saw prey.

3 Likes

Just for @Ursus, yesterday I parked next to a real P8, so I guess I got the Chinese knock off Volvo since mine doesn’t say it?
His

Closeup
Mine

Relax, it’s the naming change only, that’s all. The P8 in the photo is not 2024, but yours is. T5 to B5, P8 Recharge to Recharge - same thing. Does it really bother you that much that you decided to revive the topic after 5 months? lol