Signed - Volvo C40 Recharge Ultimate. MSRP $62,715. $393 per month for 36/10K, 4KDAS+4.35K MSDs

Here’s my Oscar speech guys - this would have never been possible without this forum so hats off to all LHers ! Phew ! With that off my chest, here is the approx deal calc -

Deal

Could manage “only” 11% off MSRP so nothing spectacular there. Two days ago accidentally found out that wife’s employer is listed on A-Plan and Volvo threw a July 1-5 additional discount of $500 bringing my total discounts to $11K (EV+Costco+A-Plan+$500) after MSRP reduction. Virginia is amongst the worst lease friendly states as they treat lease same as sales for collecting sales tax.
With that I had 4k down and 4.35K MSDs getting me a sweet $392 monthly payments.

I am in the “don’t like Tesla that much” club so the car itself is fine and I bought it without any test drive ! drove for 30 min. bringing the car back from the dealer and it drives fine for daily usage. I don’t have any intention to use it for long drives. Interiors is Volvo typical and 400 hp is sweet on taking off from line. My first BEV ever and it feels good :slight_smile:

There is another thread discussing BMW IXs rotting on lot - yesterday I saw C40 graveyard. Bunch of unsold inventory with some cars carrying VA state inspection sticker dating back to Dec. 2022 ! Can’t say much about Volvo’s pricing strategy but hope to see their newer products down the line.

7 Likes

Which dealer did you snag it from?

A MD dealer based on the doc fee.

Yes. the dealer fees may be off a little in the calc but in most of the Northern VA that includes few MD dealers are able to adjust and match. Clearly the dealers with bunch of unsold inventory are more eager to match and close. I’ve PM’d the dealer name.

1 Like

MSDs are $4k and rebates are untaxed in VA. Congrats.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new ride!

1 Like

Maryland is apparently where it is at for these cars. Nice deal.

1 Like

The amount of competition in Maryland is kind of crazy for Volvo. Three dealers in Montgomery County alone. And then 4 across the river in Northern Virginia.

Probably true. This is my first Volvo and I don’t know how their other cars are doing. But I’ll say this that there are also 5 BMWs in the same vicinity and couple of months ago no one was willing to talk about “discount” on x50e and I had to use a broker. C40 suffers from a massive pricing disadvantage and I wonder who is buying it this year. At 62K and 225 miles range vs Model Y at lower price, higher range and tax advantage - I’m not surprised its sitting unsold at lot since beginning of this year. Dealers are likely not ordering any more of these and the ones stuck are having to discount it. I’m curious how its Ex30 will do with its much better price to performance ratio. They also have a mid size SUV coming up - EX90 at close to 100K and me thinks it will suffer the fate of IX.

Many people no longer want to buy Teslas because of Elon Musk, their poor quality, terrible sales and service experience, a high number of AutoPilot deaths, cheap interiors, etc. They need to cut prices to remain relevant.

EX90 will be a massive success because it is the first true 7 seat luxury electric crossover. My dealer said they have 100+ pre-orders for it

5 Likes

wonder if you could share how much you pay for the insurance.

You forgot to thank God, your mom and dad, and some nameless people you couldn’t remember (

As others will tell you it is so dependent on multitude of personal factors such as location, provider, past history, insurance limits etc. that its not even worthwhile comparing premium with anyone else. In my case, without revealing any other details, the premium is $600 per year.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

That’s correct. I got mine from a local dealer. PM’d but keep in prespective that not all dealers may be able to transact out of state.
I just went to my local dealer knowing what others have been offered here and was prepared to sign a deal instantly. I did my research of how many cars were sitting on lot and I have close to five dealers in 15 miles radius and just started cold calling till I found my deal.

Looks like he a took numbers from brokers’ and used that to negotiate. Posted about brokers’ not giving calculators too. Smh

That was his “research” :joy:

2 Likes

Took deliveries of two cars over past couple of weeks and shopping for third one. Never mess with a customer on car buying spree :rofl: . I have used broker when I needed including one very recently on this forum. Go read some more.

1 Like

Our gerber baby is all grown up now.

Go out there and be somebody!

:pray: Thank you ! Always striving.
Changing my response after realizing you are a broker and also deal with Volvo. I now understand why you are all miffed. I did not post this to harm any broker’s business. As a customer I am watching my interest first - I have used and will use brokers where its hard to find a car or deal. I’ll not use a broker when there are 10s of unsold cars sitting in my vicinity and my phone doesn’t stops ringing. The whole purpose of this forum is to use and share the information as presented. One can pick a car and know the maximum available discount anywhere, thanks to this forum. Whether one is actually able to get it on one’s own is a completely different matter. And that’s why you have business. There are enough users who may be reading silently and dealing on their own. So please don’t demonize being able to find a deal on one’s own and we wont judge you either !

1 Like

Nobody cares and no one is denying what this form is about. Just don’t go giving “Oscar” speeches like you didn’t get spoonfed