Signed: New 2021 Nissan Leaf S - 24 Month, 10k per year, $201/Month including tax, $0 drive-off

Here to share a data point, NOT a unicorn.
In the current market(July 2021), it’s hard to find a EV for around $200.
At first we were looking for a Bolt 2022(too late for 2021) but they were all over $300 (we do not qualify for all the rebates), so we looked the other way.
Disqualified for CVRP($2000 rebate), since already applied twice(had 2 EV before).
Leaf seems like the cheapest option at the moment.
Overall we are happy to find a car that fits the need(cheap enough, commute, save gas(free charging at work))

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Nissan Leaf S (Super base model with charging package, no app support)
MSRP: $34,780
Selling Price: $33,400 (3.97% off :disappointed:)
Monthly Payment: $ 200.43 (w/ 10.25% tax) , $181.80 before tax
Drive-Off Amount: $ 0
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.0003
Residual: 58%
Incentives: $11300 ($9800 lease cash + $1500 CCFR)
Region: Nor-Cal

13 Likes

makes sense this would be cheap. the range is painful, i dont think anyone wants these anymore in 2021

Very good deal - looking for similar for my college bound son…

3 Likes

Solid deal at this point in time. MY22 Bolts are probably at least $80 more a month.

3 Likes

The range is low for sure compare to other 2021 models, good thing is that we have another hybrid for long distance travel.
I think it’s a good 2nd car, for running local errands.

4 Likes

The ~150-mi range works perfectly fine for me with my occasional 115-mi round trip commute.

The only issue becomes long road trips for which we use the wife’s SUV.

6 Likes

If you buy/lease a new Leaf, Nissan will give you Turo credit to rent a regular car.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that, was digging thru the email and found this.
$350 Turo credit and $250 EVGo credit.

2 Likes

I never got my charging credit, still need to chase that down. I think the Turo thing was after my time (I got my 2020 LEAF S last November). but that is pretty cool!

Well, at least something close to $200 in this market with $0 DAS

4 Likes

Yep, literally the only thing leasing at $200 currently…

3 Likes

Don’t forget the i3…

The i3 (if you can even find any left) is not leasing anywhere near $200/mo and $0 DAS.

6 Likes

There was a time, not too long ago, that you had a selection of several econo vehicles for under $200. This is no longer the case. This is the ONLY recent lease I have seen at $200. I3’s as @ras815 said are rare at this point. You will be hard pressed to pull off $200 OTD, with 0 DAS.

4 Likes

234/month (with tax) and 0 DAS on a base i3 is still relatively easy (8% off msrp, buy rate, loyalty incentive, and max MSD) even right now. Some dealers still have inventory or inventory in transit.

Edited my post because I calculated the exact payment.

My numbers are for 36/7.5k terms. Your leaf deal is obviously better in terms of payment but not everyone wants to drive a Leaf and I was just pointing out that there are still other options for relatively affordable leases out there.

1 Like

Yeah, i didn’t mean to say that the i3 is the same exact price as the leaf. Just that it’s another good option.

I will say that i think the i3 can still be had for sub 200 and 0 DAS if you really put the effort in for a deal…aka find a dealer to do around 10% off.

2 Likes

Yeah, for sure. not a bad option. I think I saw $250 for one recently in share a deal. In June of this year, we went from 3 drivers in the household, to 5. I gave up on the car search, at least seriously, for the time being. No decent lease options. Used cars are insane. Even Craigslist is a new and improved version of the their normal shit show. Hopefully things turn around soon. Musical cars is not fun.

3 Likes

Problem with BMW has always been the large loyalty rebate. Either part of the family or not.

I’m not:) so I don’t get to play the BMW game :smirk:

Can you provide a breakdown of the $9800 lease cash? Is that specific for nor cal? I know Nissan has $7500 back right now. Unsure where the $2300 additional is from

Not sure, but on Edmunds it shows $9800, which should include $7500.
No breakdown was shown other than “$9800”

1 Like