Signed - Jeep Grand Cherokee L Limited: MSRP $55,265, $637.50 per month, $4,157 DAS ($0 Down Payment)

Yes, I agree. Comparing apples to oranges is ridiculous. That’s why one shouldn’t be comparing prices from the past with current offerings. Be sure to only compare the cost of apples to the cost of apples.

2 Likes

i disagree

If you’re currently in the market for a vehicle, the only relevant pricing to compare against is what you can do today. There’s no justifiable rationale to compare against pricing that doesn’t exist, unless you’re just trying to make yourself feel bad.

If you’re optionally in the market for a vehicle, the only relevant pricing to compare against is hypothetical future pricing. Now, you may try to extrapolate future pricing based off of past pricing, but there’s a lot of evidence that suggests that the pricing of a year ago isn’t something we’re going to be seeing any time soon, if ever.

1 Like

So true, just before March of 2020 there were so many choices to choose from between Sports cars and SUVs. I was getting 12% off on X3M competition back in March 2020. Now you are getting a $900 quote on a 60K Jeep GC L Overland.

1 Like

thats salesman talk

1 Like

Can you offer any sort of justification of how comparing current pricing to what BMW/MB/Audi used to lease for is relevant to anything?

1 Like

fda approval

Dude, stop feeding the trolls lol

3 Likes

I just got a pretty crummy quote on an Altitude 4x4 which is supposed to lease better than a Limited after lots of back and forth.
$45k msrp
10k/36mo
$545 monthly (before tax)
$1300 das for fees + first month
64% RV
They claim mf was 0.00143

What do you mean we’re never going to see that pricing again ever? Can you share your evidence? Did the country’s driving population exponentially grow or something in 2 years? Far as I know it’s simply a supply shortage which will work itself out in a year or two.

Did end up getting a better quote on an Acura MDX, likely going that direction instead.

1 Like

Prices are always marching up. Even if they land back on the trajectory from a year ago, they’re going to be higher than a year ago. Ya, things will probably getter better than they are now, but to assume that they’ll fall back low ignoring all the inflation going on is a big assumption.

That’s great to hear.

Would rather pay that amount driving an Acura MDX than a jeep.

What were the terms?

My friend who doesn’t know anything about leasing and just agreed to some numbers traded in his previous MDX with less than 20,000 miles. Probably didn’t even know there was equity in his previous lease and leased an Acura MDX with $4000 down and $600 a month. He didn’t specify the trim or what options were in the new lease. Like I mentioned he just went in to the showroom saw the car on the floor and took it home. No research, no back and forth, no nothing. Salesman must have had an absolute field day with that sale.

I got the tech package w/ SH-AWD. $3500 down and $656/month for 36/10

The first dealer’s original quote was $718/month w/ $5k down. Second dealer (Who I will end up getting it from), had an original quote of $746.80/ month @ $3500 down. A couple back and forths and I got it down to $656.

While I was there checking out colors (They sold the original I was quoted on Carbon Metallic/Espresso), I over heard a couple in there getting an A-Spec for $4500 down and somewhere north of $1000 a month (I couldn’t tell exactly what the number was but I kept hear something over a thousand). I’m hoping there was some negative equity rolled in or something

more options in jeep for same price as mdx ???

This guy recommends the 250GT California. Something to consider.

sit back oh yeah GIF

1 Like

Every Jeep dealer in Michigan seems to have dozens and dozens of these.

Yes every dealer just got a boatload of them

That doesn’t mean they are going to be giving them away

the right dealer will. Already have been offered one @ 2% under invoice