Signed: Audi e-Tron 2019 Prestige

I’ve been able to get a 13% pre-incentive discount off MSRP from a few SoCal dealers pretty easy. Anything above that has been hard.

1 Like

Good luck with that.

Time is $ so after a certain point in your research when you know what’s a “good deal” [in this case, 12.0%+ off and full Audi incentives]- you need to pull the trigger if you want to do a deal. Otherwise- it’s going to turn midnight- poof- no more Costco, no more mfg leasing support, and no more inventory.

Step back and look at the forest- IMO, not get so caught up in the trees. Any grinding beyond that- returns are diminishing- it’s great on a forum like this to say- I got a better unicorn than you did, but at the end of the day- if you’re in the market for this range of MSRP, I would hope that the small these kinds of small deltas we discuss you would be able to invest that time and $ into something that actually generates $ instead of immediately depreciates.

Otherwise, one may be over-extending themselves financially. [ok, i’ll get off my soap-box now].

1 Like

I am on dealer 9 right now. No dice.

At what point is your time worth more than 1700 bucks?

4 Likes

Exactly!!! SMH

2 Likes

I want to get to a stage where 1700 bucks is worth less than my time. Sadly not the yet.

1 Like

1700 bucks is a lot of money I dunno what these dudes are talking about lol

I do think 1,700 is worth a lot, however, everyone is pointing out that you May have to do a lot more work to even get a few $100 knocked off. You also need to weigh the risk of not being able to get into an E-Tron if you set the bar so high.

~16/15 % off MSRP would be a unicorn goal, but in the end if you’ve been trying for a few weeks and and really want an E-Tron, would you settle for ~13/12% off of MSRP? This is still a great deal just not a unicorn.

1 Like

Totally. I don’t need a vehicle per say right now. So happy to let this one slip if it doesn’t hit my sweet spot. More, though different, deals will be had when I really need one.

Deal Signed:

Huge thanks to Sam for being so helpful.

MSRP: 85195
Selling price: 65180 (slightly worse than Sam)
Max MSDs
Drive off: 3218 (taxes are high here, includes acquisition)

Monthly : 585+tax

Calculator coming later tonight

5 Likes

@Zein @DonnyAudi @Audigirl huge thanks to all of you as well.

1 Like

Here is the calculator. The dealer i think made $1200 up front + whatever was dealer reserve, not sure if its 0.5% or 1%.

Discounts included:
7500 customer cash
9500 marketing money on Prestige
1500 3x closing certificates (3 max, $500 each)
1702 OEM to dealer rebate on vehicles sold >=10% off

Discount not included:
800 post sale rebate
250 post sale credit card rebate offer

One interesting bit was they had the residual value 1% lower. And kept insisting its set by audi. They even had it printed on audi lease doc (the long paper that has everything laid out). They only fixed it when I almost walked out. If I had signed everything as is with a lower than actual residual, would audi just cut the dealership a check? Will they not fund the deal?

1 Like

On my new etron one experience that was really weird is the dealer was manipulating the residuals. Had 1% reduction. I wasn’t paying attention but caught it on the printed contract as the residual amount looked different. They then went back and updated it since ofcourse the payment was different as a result (I only went in to sign). But would audi have funded the deal with lower than actual residuals?

No, dealers cannot manipulate the RV.

They likely either plugged in the RV for the wrong miles per year, wrong trim, or forgot to add it for audicare. Contract wouldn’t have funded with the incorrect info on there. These things happen (and part of why it’s always a good idea to independently verify RV so you can catch it when you read through the contract).

I was able to negotiate down to 20% pre incentive/discount off MSRP on a $85k Prestige. Then the $7500 credit. Still hesitating since the residual of 44% is awfully low and it kills the sweet discounts.

No way you got 20% off before all incentives. I bet you are including the dealer allowance.

yep, I did :slight_smile: :grinning:
But again the RV of 44% looks manipulated even though dealer is not allowed to. They can only markup the MF not the RV. I am trying to clarify that right now, to get the car (almost) for free :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your target should be 30-35%

They have 10k Costco
1.7k rebate from Costco
1500 closing certificates (these might have expired) that’s before even batting an eye. Plus dealer allowance. See other deals. Target should be 65k.

Also go for 2 years not 3.

yes Jon, you are right, they are including the dealer allowance. Isn’t that still a good discount except the stupid low RV?