Deal Check: 2021 Audi e-tron Sportback P+

Hi hackrs -

I’m negotiating my first lease here and would much appreciate any advice. I’ve been provided the following offer on a 2021 e-tron Sportback P+ in Southern California. Seems like a good starting place but I’ve yet to counter. I saw someone else recently post a deal they secured for a 2021 Q7 with 10% off MSRP, which is encouraging. Might that be a realistic target?

MSRP: 82,165
Cap Cost: 76,564.63 (6.8% off)
Cap Reduction: 11,500
Net Cap: 65,064.63
Mileage: 10k / year
Term: 36 months
Residual: 41,904.15 (51%)
MF: 0.00069
Base Payment: 717.16
Monthly Sales Tax: 68.13
Monthly Payment: 785.29
Total Drive Off: 3,795.65

I was surprised that Edmunds provided slightly less favorable numbers for residual, MF and lease cash for the model and trim in my location. Are small discrepancies common? I’m also having trouble getting the calculator to match the monthly payment exactly, but close.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You should talk to @Samaudibh and @DonnyAudi.

2 Likes

It’s moot. 10% discount will still get you nowhere near the deals from a few months ago. And those weren’t unicorns. Anyone with loyalty and Costco was paying almost $400/m less than your quote.

The ship has sailed.

Why are you putting nearly $12k down?

You can’t compare the discount someone received on a Q7 and expect the same on a brand new model such as the E-tron Sportback.

My only suggestion is to reach out to more dealers and make them an offer.

3 Likes

Back up the ship a moment… the $400/mo etron leases were 24 months on $75k MSRP vehicles, 7500 miles/year, pre-tax. $82k MSRP cars at 10k miles were about $200/mo more so he’s only $120/mo more than that on a new model and better lease term IMO. Not too bad really. That is if you like the etron… maybe the sportback drives less like a 2005 Lincoln Navigator than the SUV. :grin:

Hold up there i respectfully disagree :stuck_out_tongue:

The OP’s quote is effectively ~$870/month … sounds like “almost $400/month” more than people paying high 4s to $500

I think you’re overestimating the increase that MSRP differences and going from 7.5 to 10k make to the payment but happy to be proven wrong with two “all else being equal” calculators

Unicorns mean different things to different people. To me it means something very hard, maybe borderline impossible to replicate.

The Etron deals from earlier that I’m referring to were far from that definition. In fact they were all quite uniform. They all had

10% off via Costco
Loyalty
Marketing allowance
EV lease cash

Literally the only negotiable difference was some people were able to get an additional 2% off from holdback IIRC. Everything else came down to lessee preference like adding MSD and/or Audicare and stuff that’s non-negotiable like DMV, taxes etc.

3 Likes

Base Payment: 717.16

Where do you get $870 from? Are you factoring in drive-offs divided over the lease? If so you need to dry that with the 2019 etron deals you’re comparing to which were 24 months so those drive offs increase the effective monthly payment even more.

Here’s a post with one of the typical 2019 etron deals that puts the payment for an 85k prestige car around $620:

All I’m saying is that the OP is only $100/mo or so more than the 2019 deals for similar MSRP/options and it’s a sportback. It’s not like they’re back up to $1,200/mo like those early etron elephant deals.

No, that’s not “all else being equal” because the Prestige has a lower RV. You have to compare the OP’s P+ quote to a P+ deal.

I got the same vehicle (but 2020) from @DonnyAudi with a higher discount. My payments are around where you at with a similar drive off but for 12k miles. You should definitely hit him up.

1 Like

You’re making my point for me. OP is looking at a 2021 sportback which didn’t even exist in 2019 model year so why are you comparing his payment to a deal on a totally different and inferior car that audi had to fire sale to clear out? You brought up a $400/mo difference but that’s just not accurate vs 82k msrp 2019 cars.

If Apple jacks up the price of iPhones next year, would you try to justify the increase by comparing the next Mini to the current Pro Max?

No, that’s not a good-faith comparison. Neither is comparing a Prestige to a P+.

But I have concluded you’re not interested in a good-faith comparison. You’d rather make hyperbolic statements not rooted in reality.

So I’m out.

Feel free to keep recommending Etron P+ leases for a total cost above $31,000

First of all, 82k premium plus is a rip off. The 2019s were around 76k. Did Audi add extra gold to the 2021 models? Don’t they get cheaper as time goes by?