Signed: Acura MDX FWD Base $330 (incl Tax), 36mo/10K, $2800 DAS

doesnt matter right since the deal was the same as negotiated before? am i missing something?

Are the accessories residualized?

1 Like

If they aren’t listed on the Monroney, some brands still allow them to be amortized, but usually they can’t be residualized (I guess Toyota allows this in some cases? Just about every brand does not allow it).

1 Like

You can refuse the add on and save $1190 if they let you.

If they are not amortized that means you get to keep the floor mats I guess.

*residualized

And yes, you paid full price, plus rent, divided by the term. I’ve definitely amortized some accessories in a deal, but the MF converted to under 1%

The 3M was probably applied so unlikely that can be removed now. But the floormats could probably go back - not certain since it was in the deal and not purchased from parts (so is the return policy the same? Could vary dealer to dealer).

If the payment didn’t change with those add-ons, they did their job and left some room in your payment when they quoted it. If you had not taken any add-ons, they would have either had to bump the MF or your payment would have been less.

As an example for those who might not be following: I lease an Acura (for instance) for 36 months, and I decide I want one with remote start. There is a factory option for remote start, but the car I am ready to sign for doesn’t have it installed and it’s not on the window sticker. For my fictional 36 month lease,
the RV is 50%
the MF is .00000417 or 1%
The Remote start option is $360

If remote start were listed on the window sticker/aka Monroney label at $360, I can residualize the accessory, meaning I only pay 50% of its cost plus rent, or $360 * 0.5 = $180 / 36 = $5/mo * 1.01 = $5.05/mo. At the end, technically it needs to be returned with the lease.

If the dealership installs it for me at their store (for $0 labor, lol), it’s $360 I can amortize over the 36 month term for $10/mo * 1.01 = $10.10/mo. Technically if removing it won’t damage or diminish the car, I can keep it at lease-end.

If the remote start option was not installed at the factory, but the car is at the port still, on a brand where they can reissue the Monroney, then it can be port-installed (PIO) and residualized.

1 Like

It’s an indicator of what was left on the table. What was your negotiation target?

they matched the deal i asked for in terms of DAS and monthly.

we agreed on a DAS of 2800 and monthly of 330 (incl tax). so if they added the accessories, they would have had to adjust the sales price so the final numbers came out the same.

How did you come up with this number?

great question. it was a featured deal on the Latest deals page for the East Coast. I tried a few other dealers and none could come close to it.

also checked with one of the brokers here to see if he could come up with a better deal and he said he couldnt.

I don’t think so because the residual value is based on the msrp.